Is higher humidity at night not as bad as higher humidity with lights on?

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Someone shared with me an article concerning what's happening when the lights are out and I don't know what thread it's in. But it talked about changes in transpiration when the lights are out, also dealt with vpd too. It don't specifically remember it mentioning that having higher humidity isn't as bad at night, but it left me with that impression. Also someone vaguely mentioned higher humidity at night isn't as big a deal on another forum, but didn't get into why. If anyone has any good links or info, I'd really appreciate it.

freezeland2

freezeland2

There is little to no transpiration occurring during the plants dark cycle. However higher rh during the dark cycle can lend to creating an environment for pm or mold to take root in. Best to avoid excessive rh during dark cycle. Dehumidifier is your friend.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

There is little to no transpiration occurring during the plants dark cycle. However higher rh during the dark cycle can lend to creating an environment for pm or mold to take root in. Best to avoid excessive rh during dark cycle. Dehumidifier is your friend.
I have one running outside the tent. At night it gets from 52-54% it used to get in the lower 60%'s. During the day it stays pretty close to 46%. I know that's not real bad or anything, I'm just worried about mold. I'm so close.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have one running outside the tent. At night it gets from 52-54% it used to get in the lower 60%'s. During the day it stays pretty close to 46%. I know that's not real bad or anything, I'm just worried about mold. I'm so close.
Those are not bad numbers but you need to make sure no micro climates in the canopy. Got fans? Maybe show a pic?

If you want to check on VPD we need the leaf temps.

growsince79

growsince79

Those are not bad numbers but you need to make sure no micro climates in the canopy. Got fans? Maybe show a pic?

My tomatos are 96f leaf temp @ 23%rh. Is that bad?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I haven't leveled up to leaf temps yet. I know it's not complicated, or expensive, but I've bought so many more extras I didn't anticipate that I've got to wait. It wasn't until recently I started learning about vpd and really about growing anything. I was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of detail and knowledge involved in growing pot that I didn't want to add anything else. Thanks for reading and helping. Let me know if the fans need changing.

20220524 082919
20220524 082913
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I haven't leveled up to leaf temps yet. I know it's not complicated, or expensive, but I've bought so many more extras I didn't anticipate that I've got to wait. It wasn't until recently I started learning about vpd and really about growing anything. I was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of detail and knowledge involved in growing pot that I didn't want to add anything else. Thanks for reading and helping. Let me know if the fans need changing.
I changed the location of the fan on the ground, to right in between the plants pointing up towards the canopy. Blowing up through it. I forgot to finish my thought on the first reply. I've gotten a pretty decent grasp on a few things, and I think a soon as I can get it I'm going to start paying attention to leaf temps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom