Is hydro pot size the same as soil pot size

• Thread starter Askye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Askye

Askye

Hey!

Im not sure if this is a stupid question or not but when growing hydro is the pot size in litres equivalent to pot size in soil litres.

So I’m looking at a system that has a single pot size of 19 litres, would that be the same as growing in 19 litres of soil?

Thanks ☺️

Is hydro pot size the same as soil pot size

H

HeheJoey

No, growing in 19 liters of water vs 19 liters of soil will be different. The amount of volume the pots can hold will be the same, so if you filled the pots up side by side, the water and the soil will be at the same height, that’s it. They will weigh completely different and have completely different grow outcomes, completely different feed dosages. I have a feelings you’re asking this question because of feeding? Anyways, hope I was able to answer your question.

Askye

Askye

No, growing in 19 liters of water vs 19 liters of soil will be different. The amount of volume the pots can hold will be the same, so if you filled the pots up side by side, the water and the soil will be at the same height, that’s it. They will weigh completely different and have completely different grow outcomes, completely different feed dosages. I have a feelings you’re asking this question because of feeding? Anyways, hope I was able to answer your question.
Okay! I understand
Would you know an estimate of what 19 litres of soil would be equivalent too in soil? Mainly looking at what I can find in my tent.
☺️

H

HeheJoey

Okay! I understand
Would you know an estimate of what 19 litres of soil would be equivalent too in soil? Mainly looking at what I can find in my tent.
☺️
Hmmm I’m guessing you meant 19 liters of soil to hydro, but I’d start off by saying you should run the size of the pot dependent on how big you want to grow the plant, that should come from the size of your tent and also what you’d be comfortable handling(bigger plants are obviously gonna be harder to work with aha). Plants grown hydro will bring faster and larger growth if done correctly, compared to a soil medium. In my experience, it would be a lot easier to work with and fill up the tent with more plants, so more pots, let’s say like 4, vs 2 plants filling up the space. So if you have like a 2x2 you should go with a bigger pot, if you have like a 5x5 maybe try smaller pots, but you can definitely still run the 5 gallons with no issues… you’ll just want to veg them out longer/bigger to maximize your space/yields

TO~ANSWER~YOUR~QUESTION
: If you’re currently running 19 liters of soil (5 gallons) you could honestly run 19 liter of hydro as well.

I’d suggest starting smaller though, a 3 gallon, so like 11-12 liters. Also I’m curious as to which hydroponic setup you are planning because a lot of variables can change your situation and outcomes, along with some pros/cons. Have a nice night! If you have anymore questions, I will get back to you

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Generally in hydro you have less potsize or a shared reservoir because of the increased access to water or fertigation frequency

This site holds many great growreports with detailed descriptions of the setup, so if you need to a base to start just copy a working setup

Latest posts

Top Bottom