Is it better to do a light per plant?

• Thread starter HumbleTie1321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Good afternoon,

Looking at lighting options. I originally purchased what they called a 4000 watt led light thinking that would cover my tent. I'd like to test real wattage on it now that I've been informed there's no such thing. It throws a heck of apt of alot of heat even with my fan systems. How do I test real wattage on It? So my question is now, is it better to have a single lower watt light on each plant? Or can I safely go with the higher wattage and hang it high for all over coverage?

Also, off topic, when should you initially top your plant to keep them fuller with less height. I've read at abt 2 foot.. And where exactly to you make the cut? And any thoughts on SCROGing? If I plan to SCROG do I even need to top at all?

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

I do 4. In case one or 2 are duds. Then the canopy can still be filled. If you have several lights and strong plants. Yeah. 1 plant per light.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

That's what I was thinking. I'm getting ready to upgrade my tent to a 16sq ft. Do you think 300 watt each is too much?

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Shoot for at least 30watts per square foot, so 480watts min.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Ya man im doing a light per plant scenario this next run. Im growing different strains at once so I can adjust each light for each plant and optimize light coverage/penetration. So I’ll have a 240watt quantum board for each. I also have a Mars hydro FC-E3000 300 watt bar led I’ll be using in the future for a single plant grow in a 3x3 but for now I have 2 og kush plants that will be flowered together under it. So I would say it’s a good idea but I’ve also seen growers make it work with one big bar style led in a 5x5 like a Mars FC-6500 or similar. You also kinda have to know your strains in that scenario. Good luck!
0FF4B7C4 17E7 4391 A317 419B8F503CB4

Ponky

Ponky

I
That's what I was thinking. I'm getting ready to upgrade my tent to a 16sq ft. Do you think 300 watt each is too much?
I prefer more light always. My plants get a 600 or 1000 hps to have alone. Maybe share with 1 other plant. 2 lights for 3 plants is my average now. And I fucked up. And the plants got too big. Should have been one per light.

Top Bottom