Is it Carbon filter replacement time?

• Thread starter Potlady
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Potlady

Potlady

Hi guys! I'm back with a silly question. Has anyone had any experience with the below pictured carbon filter? How long are these supposed to last? Any ideas? My husband is very sensitive to the pot smell and has ask me about it. I just washed the outside filter to see if it helps. Also, is there anyway to make the actual filter last longer? I missed the money tree when they were giving them out lol.

Thx,
Lori

Is it carbon filter replacement time
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Mine is a year old and still going strong no smell and it's in my flower room running the whole time. You can recharge the carbon in the filter by baking it.

High humidity will use the filter fast af.. you can also if the filter is openable is replace the carbon go to a pet supply store or fish store and they sell activated carbon cheap and they also have carbon mats along with the coarse sandy stuff

Potlady

Potlady

Mine is a year old and still going strong no smell and it's in my flower room running the whole time. You can recharge the carbon in the filter by baking it.

High humidity will use the filter fast af.. you can also if the filter is openable is replace the carbon go to a pet supply store or fish store and they sell activated carbon cheap and they also have carbon mats along with the coarse sandy stuff
How do you bake it?

Madmax

Madmax

If it smells get a new one..most good ones last 2yrs or more...and make sure its RC-48 carbon inside.some are just filled with less effective carbon..

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
You would have to pull the filter apart and spread out the carbon on a baking sheet.

What's a good scrubber cost now anyways like 50$ for the amount of work and possibly not being able to get the filter back together just buy one.

Make sure to get a filter that matches your fans for flow rate and also sized for your space. If the last one was to small that may account for the limited lifespan you experienced.

Madmax

Madmax

Thats a good point^ a higher rated cfm carbon filter is easier on the fan..

Top Bottom