Is it my light or genetics?

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

That's the main thing I'm trying to figure out. I'll make this as short as possible. With the photone app I found out that an led light a friend gave me is not as strong as the cheap one I got off Amazon to go with it. A little more than half the ppfd. I'm growing 2 different strains and the buds on them look very different. I won't describe but will post pics. I assumed up to this point that it was due to genetics. But it kinda looks like the buds aren't as developed and after finding out the light is so weak I'm wondering if it's bc of the light. The last pic is of the lights. I know it prob don't help answer the question. The light my buddy got was $250, 5 years ago. The light I got of Amazon was this. LeFreshinsoft Full Spectrum 1000W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MXPSLD1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Could it be that the weaker light is causing the buds to develop slower or not giving them enough light to pack on any weight? This is my first grow, I wanna learn some stuff.

Edit: they're 39 days from change of light cycle. 31 days from when I saw the first hairs.

Is it my light or genetics
Is it my light or genetics 2
Is it my light or genetics 3
Is it my light or genetics 4
Is it my light or genetics 5
Is it my light or genetics 6
Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

Some strains just flower faster that's all. Your lights are both adequate (im guessing).

2Bad

2Bad

That means they'll finish at different times? That sucks bc I was planning on using the tent they're in to dry.
Well they could still finish at the same time. But I would plan on somewhere else just incase.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Well they could still finish at the same time. But I would plan on somewhere else just incase.
What I would prob do would be take the still finishing plant out and finish it somewhere else. Leave the other to dry in my tent. I'd rather have more control over the temp and humidity for dying than for finishing up, right? I could still keep the room it's finishing in 70 degrees with no more than 55% humidity. But I need the ac infinity fan to keep it at 60% in the tent for drying. I think that'll actually work.

2Bad

2Bad

What I would prob do would be take the still finishing plant out and finish it somewhere else. Leave the other to dry in my tent. I'd rather have more control over the temp and humidity for dying than for finishing up, right? I could still keep the room it's finishing in 70 degrees with no more than 55% humidity. But I need the ac infinity fan to keep it at 60% in the tent for drying. I think that'll actually work.
Agreed

Top Bottom