Is It Normal For An Autoflowering Plant To Still Be Vegging For 50 Days

• Thread starter Newtogrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I have an autoflower plant that is still vegging and its day 50. Is this normal?
Is it normal for an autoflowering plant to still be vegging for 50 days
Is it normal for an autoflowering plant to still be vegging for 50 days 2

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I read some autos need 18/6 or even16/8 to start flowering, or it could be a fast finishing version. If you cross an auto fem with a photo you get around 80% auto seeds and 19% fast finishing photos. I would try backing the light off to see if she flowers.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I read some autos need 18/6 or even16/8 to start flowering, or it could be a fast finishing version. If you cross an auto fem with a photo you get around 80% auto seeds and 19% fast finishing photos. I would try backing the light off to see if she flowers.
I cut the lights to 12-12. I guess we'll see what happens. Will the smaller plant begin to flower too?

Panacea79

Panacea79

I agree with the lighting possibly affecting this plan...when I grew photos I'd sometimes put the plant isn't COMPLETE darkness for a full 20-24 hours and then back to an 18/6 or 16/8 cycle almost to shock or speed up the switch; kinda like telling your girl 'hey, let's get a move on here! Time to make those beautiful flowers now....'

Panacea79

Panacea79

I cut the lights to 12-12. I guess we'll see what happens. Will the smaller plant begin to flower too?
Is the smaller plant the SAME STRAIN? SAME distributor and an AUTO? If so, that's a good question. You might end up doing an unplanned for control experiment of the seed/plants genetics...

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Is the smaller plant the SAME STRAIN? SAME distributor and an AUTO? If so, that's a good question. You might end up doing an unplanned for control experiment of the seed/plants genetics...
The 2 plants are supposed to be auto's. The big one is sweet mango auto and the small one is northern lights x Big bud. The sweet mango was a 3 pack and I'm wondering if a photoperiod got mixed up in that pack. This could happen, right? I mean anything can happen. Lolol.

Panacea79

Panacea79

The 2 plants are supposed to be auto's. The big one is sweet mango auto and the small one is northern lights x Big bud. The sweet mango was a 3 pack and I'm wondering if a photoperiod got mixed up in that pack. This could happen, right? I mean anything can happen. Lolol.
Is that northern lights an AUTO from VISION SEEDS? Just curious because I ordered 3 of the Vision Seeds N. Lights Autos and ALL 3 were runs: meaning they went through the the veg AND flowering stages but DID NOT PRODUCE TRICHOMS NOR HAVE ANY SCENT WHATSOVER! They smelled, and looked when trimmed, like broccoli!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Is that northern lights an AUTO from VISION SEEDS? Just curious because I ordered 3 of the Vision Seeds N. Lights Autos and ALL 3 were runs: meaning they went through the the veg AND flowering stages but DID NOT PRODUCE TRICHOMS NOR HAVE ANY SCENT WHATSOVER! They smelled, and looked when trimmed, like broccoli!
I believe the Northern Lights X big bud was from World of seeds. I ordered them from herbies. That's the small plant. The Sweet Mango is from greenhouse seeds. I cut the lighting back to 12:12 to see what's going to happen. The big one the Sweet Mango has been vegging for over 50 days now.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I believe the Northern Lights X big bud was from World of seeds. I ordered them from herbies. That's the small plant. The Sweet Mango is from greenhouse seeds. I cut the lighting back to 12:12 to see what's going to happen. The big one the Sweet Mango has been vegging for over 50 days now.
So I have a couple of friends on the farm tell me to cut it to 12:12.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Is that PM?!
Hopefully just garden dust...
Are those new holes in the fans or the same ones? It looks like there are more.
Wuz up @DrMcSkunkins! The big one is the Sweet Mango and yes!! Those are the tiny little spots on the new growth. I don't know for the life of me it is. It comes out in the new shoots. But!! Like I said there are no Bugs.. She is just one fat bush that doesn't know what she wants to do. The little one is the Northern Lights x Big Bud. Since I switched to 12-12 on the lights they both have started to grow. The big one now is 17 inches tall and the little on is 13 inches tall. But those spots are killing me and I don't know what it is. I went back to using reverse osmosis water and the ph is 6. They seem to be doing better.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

I think part of the problem is that you have greenhouse genetics, that place is a shit show, they don't even do their own breeding anymore . I believe they just buy bulk seeds from Spain , from an op that makes seeds for all the other big name Dutch brands. Their whole operation is sketchy and the beans pass through too many hands before getting packaged up, it might turn out to be a nice plant and maybe even an auto. Do some research and you can find much better brands to get your seeds from , good luck dude

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You should treat for powdery milldew, thats what the white stuff looks like.
A spray bottle with 2 heaping teaspoons of baking soda mixed into water will kill it
A few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a water sprayer will kill it
A half cup of milk mixed in a water sprayer will kill it
Get more air circulation

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

You should treat for powdery milldew, thats what the white stuff looks like.
A spray bottle with 2 heaping teaspoons of baking soda mixed into water will kill it
A few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a water sprayer will kill it
A half cup of milk mixed in a water sprayer will kill it
Get more air circulation
Will do!!

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Hey dude, you are doing ok, don't let all our critique get you, you have a better attitude than most New guys who come on here asking advice, then get all mad about what people say. I would say the most important thing for you would be get some good genetics next round , and watch for the pm. Good luck bro

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Hey dude, you are doing ok, don't let all our critique get you, you have a better attitude than most New guys who come on here asking advice, then get all mad about what people say. I would say the most important thing for you would be get some good genetics next round , and watch for the pm. Good luck bro
I'm one of the easiest people to get along with. I take all the the advise and appreciate it. I've been growing now for a couple of years and believe me its not that easy to grow a great plant. But I'm doing pretty good. Everyone on the farm that has helped me has been fantastic. I'm the type of person that listens to all the advise. That's what happens when you get older. lolol, I grow this for me as I'm a cancer patient with stage 4 liver. Thanks for everything!!! Peace Out.. I like buying from Herbies. One thing that you are right about is that I have bought twice from greenhouse seeds one is the Sweet Mango and the other is King's Kush and I bought a 3 pack and used 2 and they did not pop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom