• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Floodster31

Floodster31

2 of 4 of my seedlings are clawing is this normal. Many thanks

Is it normal for seedling to be curling
BigCube

BigCube

Maybe over watering, let it totally dry out before watering. Maybe also light too close.

When I start seedlings, I water them about once a week at that size. No nutrients, in a solo cup.

How often are you watering?

Floodster31

Floodster31

Maybe over watering, let it totally dry out before watering. Maybe also light too close.

When I start seedlings, I water them about once a week at that size. No nutrients, in a solo cup.

How often are you watering?
I soaked the soil 2 day before I planted the seedling in and the light is 24inch above and reading 5k lux its a kingbright 3500

Madmax

Madmax

No water for a few days.she should straighten those leaves by then...get the humidity up too like 50-65% .nxt time put in smaller cup bro so you can water less and medium dries a little quicker..

Edit agree with bigcube they dont need watering much when little.

Floodster31

Floodster31

Thanks for the reply and will do that next time I will leave them till it is completely dry

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Thanks for the reply and will do that next time I will leave them till it is completely dry
Yea, I try and water each plant according to how much they drink in a 24 hour time frame and not go too much over that. (water can become deoxygenated over time) Even less is fine if you've got a good handle on it. That plant don't need much water right now, but it's needs will grow over time. I just try and water the area were the roots are actually penetrating at any given time, as a rule of thumb.

Putting a fan on that root base might perk her up some.

Usually, I'm in a smaller size peet pot at that size, but the same principles apply. (I usually plant the entire peat pot, when the roots show).

Floodster31

Floodster31

Yea, I try and water each plant according to how much they drink in a 24 hour time frame and not go too much over that. (water can become deoxygenated over time) Even less is fine if you've got a good handle on it. That plant don't need much water right now, but it's needs will grow over time. I just try and water the area were the roots are actually penetrating at any given time, as a rule of thumb.

Putting a fan on that root base might perk her up some.

Usually, I'm in a smaller size peet pot at that size, but the same principles apply. (I usually plant the entire peat pot, when the roots show).
Ok thanks and I started in that size pot as they are autos. I done this on my last outdoor grow and they were ok.So next time I will start in smaller pots and transplant. this is my first indoor grow. Also last time they where in buckets with lots of holes this time round they are fabric pots so that might be why the water is holding more many thanks for you reply every little help is appreciated

Latest posts

Top Bottom