Is it normal for the smell to die down on a maturing plant?

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I have this plant that was stinking up the entire house and backyard and now when I go in there I can barely smell it, it's very very close to done

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't recall that happening to me. How mature did this plant get? Does it smell when you touch it?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I don't recall that happening to me. How mature did this plant get? Does it smell when you touch it?
Yeah it still smells pretty strong when I touch it. It's very mature I would have cut it 3 weeks ago if I didn't have a magnifying glass to look at the trichs. I have since heard that some plants just won't ever turn cloudy or Amber and that you shouldn't judge them from the tricones

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Same... you can't smell it whatsoever?
It still smells a lot if I touch it. This plant has confused the h*** out of me.It's gone about a 125 days so far and like I said I wouldn't cut it down 3 weeks ago if I wasn't looking at the tracks it is looked done for a while

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yeah it still smells pretty strong when I touch it. It's very mature I would have cut it 3 weeks ago if I didn't have a magnifying glass to look at the trichs. I have since heard that some plants just won't ever turn cloudy or Amber and that you shouldn't judge them from the tricones
I wouldn't worry about any perceived drop in odor, then.

When I sniff my plants, I always rub a leaf or small bud to break a few trichs. Maybe that's why I never noticed a drop in scent.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

It looked like this 3 weeks ago.
20221016 174819

It looks like this today
20221024 203034

I didn't even know the thing was going to turn purple. I think I messed up and underwater through most of flowerr because a lot of the leaves died and crisp up that is why it's naked like that

2Bad

2Bad

Don do you think these will keep maturing without fan leaves? @mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don do you think these will keep maturing without fan leaves? @mysticepipedon
I've never defoliated nearly to that extent. I don't think the plant would stop maturing, as long as it's alive, but I've never tested the idea.

I'm not seeing much in the way of white stigmas on the purple one. That might be done.

2Bad

2Bad

I've never defoliated nearly to that extent. I don't think the plant would stop maturing, as long as it's alive, but I've never tested the idea.

I'm not seeing much in the way of white stigmas on the purple one. That might be done.
Was thinking the same thing for the purple

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I still don't know exactly what happened. These autos were freebies and just a side project that didn't get a ton of attention. I gave them about half the amount of nutrients I gave the photos. And I think I was under watering it all throughout flower stage. Whatever it was a lot of leaves died off and crisped up. I thought it was just fading or something at first and didn't pay it much mind. It's been looking like it was done for weeks but the trichomes were all super clear. So I just let it keep going and more leaves kept dying off and I would try to cut as much out from inside the buds as I could. But I couldn't get it all. Then it turned purple. I ended up chopping it tonight. All that dead in there makes me nervous. I just wanna get it all dried.

2Bad

2Bad

How long has it been since you seen pistils start coming out

TSD

TSD

To my eye they look past done, like they've kind of just been surviving or slowly dying with no leaves...they may in fact be degrading. If they were mine I'd be getting clippers... but I've grown 0 autos, so take that with a grain of salt.

MeanJeans

MeanJeans

I had that happen to a few plants. The last I’m sure would have been better if I didn’t wait as long to cut after it was most smelly. I had high hopes because I could smell it all over my yard at one point.
I’m sure there are other variables such as temp, humidity and feeding maybe? that go along with time after it’s peak smelliness but it haven’t nailed it down. I hope to this time around.

As someone mentioned, some plants don’t go all cloudy and are degrading while we’re waiting for trichomes to do what we expect.
It was very disappointing. Even the smoke hardly smelled like weed smoke.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

To my eye they look past done, like they've kind of just been surviving or slowly dying with no leaves...they may in fact be degrading. If they were mine I'd be getting clippers... but I've grown 0 autos, so take that with a grain of salt.
I cut last night. I think you're right on.

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom