Is it possible to calculate the final EC before mixing the nutrient

• Thread starter Tionos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tionos

Tionos

Hi, Im an aeroponic grower (amazon 16) with Leds (600w) in a 1,5m x 1,5m tent.

I like the way it goes: 50l of water -> a lot of nutrients (ADVANCED NUTRIENTS + Canna) -> Check Ph and EC -> Add water if the EC is to High -> Adjust the Ph. So i have a little idea about the quantities of the nutrients that i can put to reach the Ec that i have im mind.

But can i do, with study, one relation between: water x nutrients x Final Ec? or Ph?. (like a excel document)

Thanks!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi, Im an aeroponic grower (amazon 16) with Leds (600w) in a 1,5m x 1,5m tent.

I like the way it goes: 50l of water -> a lot of nutrients (ADVANCED NUTRIENTS + Canna) -> Check Ph and EC -> Add water if the EC is to High -> Adjust the Ph. So i have a little idea about the quantities of the nutrients that i can put to reach the Ec that i have im mind.

But can i do, with study, one relation between: water x nutrients x Final Ec? or Ph?. (like a excel document)

Thanks!
Simple if not supplied by the company.

Add each individually to distilled water and measure then record. Either by weight or measurement... going by weight will be more accurate.

Eg.

1 litre or gal or volume of choice.

Add 1 gram of say grow then measure the ppm. You now know what the ppm of 1gram will be per gal or litre

Now with that said what I recommend is just mixing full strength as directed then reducing with additional water. So if you need 3 gal of solution...you mix 1 gal full concentration of all nutrients then add 2 gals of water and that should give you 1/3 strength... typically around 300-600ppm but after you do it once you will know exactly. Its pretty easy to figure out.

Tionos

Tionos

Simple if not supplied by the company.

Add each individually to distilled water and measure then record. Either by weight or measurement... going by weight will be more accurate.

Eg.

1 litre or gal or volume of choice.

Add 1 gram of say grow then measure the ppm. You now know what the ppm of 1gram will be per gal or litre

Now with that said what I recommend is just mixing full strength as directed then reducing with additional water. So if you need 3 gal of solution...you mix 1 gal full concentration of all nutrients then add 2 gals of water and that should give you 1/3 strength... typically around 300-600ppm but after you do it once you will know exactly. Its pretty easy to figure out.

Thanks for the advices.

I intend to study and set up a table about the relationships I said once that I intend to have fun looking for a precise way to grow my stuff. Distilled water is already purchased, now there are some things missing so I can develop this study.

1- Would water from reverse osmosis be used as well?
2- The amount of salts absorbed by the plant is directly related to all conditions (light, water, nutrients, CO2 and etc.) and I cannot develop a study with so many parameters; however could I make a relationship between Strain x Biomass x Ec that can be absorbed by the plant in a solution? The result may not be as accurate, but I believe it will be fun.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the advices.

I intend to study and set up a table about the relationships I said once that I intend to have fun looking for a precise way to grow my stuff. Distilled water is already purchased, now there are some things missing so I can develop this study.

1- Would water from reverse osmosis be used as well?
2- The amount of salts absorbed by the plant is directly related to all conditions (light, water, nutrients, CO2 and etc.) and I cannot develop a study with so many parameters; however could I make a relationship between Strain x Biomass x Ec that can be absorbed by the plant in a solution? The result may not be as accurate, but I believe it will be fun.
Tissue sample analysis may help... you can use RO with new filters and a DI filter i have seen as low as 1ppm

Tionos

Tionos

Tissue sample analysis may help... you can use RO with new filters and a DI filter i have seen as low as 1ppm
What do you mean Tissue sample analysis? Like a laboratory test?

Yeah, i can add a DI filter to the system for the study, but i don't know if using distilled water in cultivation would be a good one, so i thought about using RO water. Do you know if distilled water becomes better in cultivation? I am afraid that micronutrients are missing from the solution, even adding Calm ag Up to 0.3 EC.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What do you mean Tissue sample analysis? Like a laboratory test?

Yeah, i can add a DI filter to the system for the study, but i don't know if using distilled water in cultivation would be a good one, so i thought about using RO water. Do you know if distilled water becomes better in cultivation? I am afraid that micronutrients are missing from the solution, even adding Calm ag Up to 0.3 EC.
Distilled and Ro pretty much the same. Yeah depending on the ferts used you may need to add back some micros... not always.

And yes lab analysis is what I meant

Latest posts

Top Bottom