Is it possible to keep Veg-state clones in Veg-State? In order to salvage yield from broken branch.

• Thread starter hushboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hushboy

hushboy

Hello everyone

I broke a the two main branches and tried to reattach them. I reattached them using tape and made sure the break was put together the same way it was. Unfortunately one started to wilt the other stayed strong.
20190905_163259[1].jpg

I chopped the wilted one and made clones ( one week into flowering stage. Done! they look great!
Is it possible to keep veg state clones in veg state in order to salvage yield from broken bra 5

Now for the bad news. the other on was doing good until i saw some yellowing just on that branch. Took a look at the injury and it was barely attached to the main stem. Yeah two weeks after the break and even though it was only attached by the skin of the main stem crazy how resilient these plant are. Even though the plant was trying it hardest i knew it was not going to make it due to the leafs yellowing and showing signs of nutrient deficiency. So I cut the branch completely off.

Option one: Make clones out of it and loose 60% Yield and figure out what where to put them. (not a fan of this option)
Option two: try to reattach limb by cutting main stem diagonally and the broken branches and taping.
20190905_163510.jpg

Yes i tried this, it so much at stake. but if anyone has tried this and was a waste of time let me know.
OR
My question, set up the clones but keep them in flowering stage so they keep the colas keep producing.

I don't need any more clones (space not available when they get bigger)

To make maters worse i just notice spider mites.

Last resort is cut my loses and get rid of the branch (smoke it). Focus on spider mite problem.

Is it possible to keep veg state clones in veg state in order to salvage yield from broken br
Is it possible to keep veg state clones in veg state in order to salvage yield from broken br
Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Take the clones. Root them. Throw them in the flower tent with the plant since you don't have the room. Win/Win.

hushboy

hushboy

I would but the spider mites might spread.
the reattachment did not work.
Making clones and putting them in my bathroom.

hushboy

hushboy

My question is can a freshly cut clone in flowering stage continue in that stage with 12/12. In other words continue flowering as a freshly cut clone.

4plant

4plant

Try it, I’ve never heard of someone rooting a clone with only 12 hours of light but it’s probably possible. The problem is without revegging to get some real nodes and bud sites, even if it works and finishes it will be like a two joint plant. By looking at what’s in your flower room, you need to get a better canapy going anyways. Get the light closer and limit that stretching, maybe top a few times and flower a little bush. You’ll get real colas. Good luck!

hushboy

hushboy

Try it, I’ve never heard of someone rooting a clone with only 12 hours of light but it’s probably possible. The problem is without revegging to get some real nodes and bud sites, even if it works and finishes it will be like a two joint plant. By looking at what’s in your flower room, you need to get a better canapy going anyways. Get the light closer and limit that stretching, maybe top a few times and flower a little bush. You’ll get real colas. Good luck!
Thanks for the input! Whats left is a two joint plant after loosing my main canopy to cloning and broken branch. Plus had to trim fan leaf after a spider mite encounter. If this plant is working hard i will too.
This plant's clones roots fast. Maybe it will root before going back to veg state and continue in flower stage. or pipe dreams pun intended. I'll keep forum updated.
First grow so if i get two joints and clones in harvest rotation then i'm happy. I have so many clones that i will try to root one on 18/6 for 4 days and then send to 12/12.
And as for stretching I messed up from the get go but light have been lowered. Live and learn i guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom