Is it ready for nutrients? 3.5 weeks old!

• Thread starter Nateoh907
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nateoh907

Nateoh907

Pretty pleased on the topping of these two. Well all I compare to is other pics lol. Was going to start some LST in alittle under 2 weeks to get those bottom nodes to pop. I was thinking just bending over the main to its side with tie. Any big yield experience with this? Both will eventually go to another size up in pots so I didnt want to try and wrap the top of the pot yet. Or should I not start LST until in final size pot?

20200413 151340
20200413 151406
20200413 151557
20200413 151647
Jamie73

Jamie73

Pretty pleased on the topping of these two. Well all I compare to is other pics lol. Was going to start some LST in alittle under 2 weeks to get those bottom nodes to pop. I was thinking just bending over the main to its side with tie. Any big yield experience with this? Both will eventually go to another size up in pots so I didnt want to try and wrap the top of the pot yet. Or should I not start LST until in final size pot?
Final pot. Let Branches get a little longer. The very low ones could be good clones in a few more weeks. Looks like Indica, so it’s a little slow at first. Then it takes off.
Increase nuts as leaves tell you. 1/2 gram a week till you get to flower.

Last edited:
Jamie73

Jamie73

Also look for sex of plant in the up coming week or 2

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ya everytime I take a new picture I try to zoom in to see. Is it pretty noticable in person versus zoomed in on a screen?
Unless your plants tend to throw a few pistils, it can be impossible to tell the sex of plants reliably. If it was that easy, everyone would know about it and too many urban canni-legends are involved. Some newer strains show pre-flowers prior to flowering, but most original older starins do not. I think the berry and purple lines have gotten this trait bred into them, as these are two general strains that seem to be most prone to it. Some strains grow pistils regularly... thee will be female, but most strains don't show pistils until the start of flowering. In my experience.

Nateoh907

Nateoh907

Unless your plants tend to throw a few pistils, it can be impossible to tell the sex of plants reliably. If it was that easy, everyone would know about it and too many urban canni-legends are involved. Some newer strains show pre-flowers prior to flowering, but most original older starins do not. I think the berry and purple lines have gotten this trait bred into them, as these are two general strains that seem to be most prone to it. Some strains grow pistils regularly... thee will be female, but most strains don't show pistils until the start of flowering. In my experience.
That's good stuff to know.

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

once you have some good branching start looking for pre-flowers. They will be there you just have to look really close. I can sex plants way before 12/12, have been doing it for 15+ years.

Do a lot of research on pre-flowers and learn the differences of what a female pre-flower and a Male pre- flower. Female pre-flowers look like teardrops and males look like little crab claws.

Nateoh907

Nateoh907

Running a new light (hps) an of course I'm thinking the tent got to hot and humidity dropped. Got it all back under control I think. Any ideas?

20200418 171905
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I keep seeing you say this about preflower pistils but every plant i have grown has shown them. Is it a feminized seed trait maybe? Because the genetics were mostly from early senei seed stock amd motarebel and mr nice. So early to mid 90’s genetics. Or is that what your old ass means by “newer” strains. Lol. :-)

Nateoh907

Nateoh907

Pretty stoked on the progress with these 2. They became pretty bushy so did some defoliation and some LST. What are some thoughts on when switching to 12 12. I'm not going off age because they started rough.

20200424 134947
20200424 134942
20200424 134931
20200424 120755
20200424 114407
20200424 114413
20200424 113508
20200422 192808
20200422 180024
20200422 160731
20200420 183628
Madbud

Madbud

Pretty stoked on the progress with these 2. They became pretty bushy so did some defoliation and some LST. What are some thoughts on when switching to 12 12. I'm not going off age because they started rough.
Seeing preflowers in those two closeups, congrats!

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

To young for steroids.
I would flush, throw a fan on container..and go about 3 cycles of dry, then water.
U might raise her up closer to the light as well.

Top Bottom