Is it that hard to get info

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I'm a newbie no doubt. Especially to indoor. Most of my life I've done outdoor grows just doing it easy with the basics. This yr.will be my 2nd indoor grow ever. When I 1st joined this forum ppl tried to help. Now I'm lucky if I get 2 responses to my questions & even then the responses have nothing to do with what I've asked. I thought this forum was for helping ppl who had a genuine interest in doing things right. I'm a newbie no doubt but I wanna learn. When I 1st joined ppl wanted to help. Now I'm lucky if I get an answer to any of my questions. I thought this forum was for helping ppl.? Alls I want is to learn. Maybe another forum is more suited for me. I'm lucky if I get a straight answer to anything I ask. Most replies I get are ppl.talking down to me or insulting me. This forum has lost it's way. That's all I gotta say.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm a newbie no doubt. Especially to indoor. Most of my life I've done outdoor grows just doing it easy with the basics. This yr.will be my 2nd indoor grow ever. When I 1st joined this forum ppl tried to help. Now I'm lucky if I get 2 responses to my questions & even then the responses have nothing to do with what I've asked. I thought this forum was for helping ppl who had a genuine interest in doing things right. I'm a newbie no doubt but I wanna learn. When I 1st joined ppl wanted to help. Now I'm lucky if I get an answer to any of my questions. I thought this forum was for helping ppl.? Alls I want is to learn. Maybe another forum is more suited for me. I'm lucky if I get a straight answer to anything I ask. Most replies I get are ppl.talking down to me or insulting me. This forum has lost it's way. That's all I gotta say.
Sucks ya feel that way... but this is a forum not a service. Just some perspective in your post.

Maybe the search function can help as almost everything posted has been discussed before.

Maybe the title of the tread isn't clear or draw attention.

Maybe the question is to advanced for some and they rather not answer just to answer.

I mean there can be many reasons why and I won't speculate further. I understand your frustration but also understand nobody is paid to help here. They (including myself) do this out of the goodness of thier hearts and take time out of thier lives to help contribute to a common goal... improving our grows.

I'm just going based on this post but it could be perceived that an entitlement to answer is expected instead of an appreciation for the help received.

Imo people here are extremely willing to help and I personally appreciate all of them as they make this an absolute great place for knowledge and discussion.

Maybe it doesn't work for you and sorry you feel that way but just wanted to put some perspective on it for ya.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
After reviewing your threads you’ve had plenty of significant answers to your thread posts (and also posted the same questionable double threads).
You should move on if your going to post deliberate false hoods about The Farm.
Your are obviously a very needy person that can’t figure out how to use the search bar.
we’re not here to grow for you we’re here to help you grow!
Good Day
1D1~

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Sucks ya feel that way... but this is a forum not a service. Just some perspective in your post.

Maybe the search function can help as almost everything posted has been discussed before.

Maybe the title of the tread isn't clear or draw attention.

Maybe the question is to advanced for some and they rather not answer just to answer.

I mean there can be many reasons why and I won't speculate further. I understand your frustration but also understand nobody is paid to help here. They (including myself) do this out of the goodness of thier hearts and take time out of thier lives to help contribute to a common goal... improving our grows.

I'm just going based on this post but it could be perceived that an entitlement to answer is expected instead of an appreciation for the help received.

Imo people here are extremely willing to help and I personally appreciate all of them as they make this an absolute great place for knowledge and discussion.

Maybe it doesn't work for you and sorry you feel that way but just wanted to put some perspective on it for ya.
Obviously I get no one is paid I M obligated to help me. I guess it was stupid for me to say all that cuz I get what ur saying. Yes it is frustrating tho. And some ppl.have been helpful no doubt but alot the things I'm trying to do or learn I feel I cant get answers on. Obviously I was being sn idiot not considering there could be good reasons for that. And yes I do repeat questions mostly in different posts because alot of the times the only part of what I asked I answered. Eventually if I repost someone will answer. Sorry didnt mean to talk the farm down. Just seemed different than last yr(1st indoor grow)where alot of ppl guide me. This yr I'm doing pH for 1st time & also dealing with strain used to trop temp growing in garage with really cold Northeastern US. Just feel overwhelmed & not sure what to do,sorry guys.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

so... got that all sorted... do you have a current issue? how can we help?

just for a tiny bit of help, i suggest reading Aqua Man's thread on PH, excellent read. Thread on PH
I'll check it out. Just got my kit today but have no idea how to use it or how pH works. I did read a little get it a bit. Also ppm,I have no idea but then again I read that if you're growing in organic soil theres no point in doing ppm cuz it's nearly impossible to get accurate reading. I think aqua pretty much answered about when to start when temps are at l least in 50s.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I understand your frustration...

I sometimes feel like it should be renamed "Grow with Growsince and Aquaman" but I think internet forums are just a dying source of information in general.

Forums and message boards all across the internet are dying as other more real-time platforms have become available. And plus people dont like having their content moderated and censored. Which is what most message boards do. So most people just start their own YouTube channels or blogs or whatever

XxHammer

XxHammer

Ive learned that most of the time I can find the answer to my questions on Google Search...

This forum is good for opinions from other growers... But as you said.. Fewer and fewer experienced Growers are hanging around message boards any more, why would they? What benefit is it to them?

Most people have realized their cultivation skills are a trade and valuable knowledge and have found ways to make money off that knowledge and experience.

growsince79

growsince79

Ive learned that most of the time I can find the answer to my questions on Google Search...

This forum is good for opinions from other growers... But as you said.. Fewer and fewer experienced Growers are hanging around message boards any more, why would they? What benefit is it to them?

Most people have realized their cultivation skills are a trade and valuable knowledge and have found ways to make money off that knowledge and experience.
I never started posting until the pandemic. I got bored staying home. I would never post anything if I were doing something illegal. Now the laws have changed and its safe to document grows for my own learning. If I can help others-I will.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I never even thought about it like that. You're right,why would they. The ones that do it are doing it to help & dont owe me anything. I'm sure the majority of ppl.on forums are ppl just like me looking for answers or novices,not all pro growers.I shouldn't have said that stuff ,seriously.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I never started posting until the pandemic. I got bored staying home. I would never post anything if I were doing something illegal. Now the laws have changed and its safe to document grows for my own learning. If I can help others-I will.
I feel you on that. Things have definitely changed.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
how many plants do you have? what medium are you using for your new indoor grow?

i think all here try to help when they can. the resources in the old threads is pretty great. i tend to use the google search engine, just add thcfarmer to it and find lots of great info. another great resource here are the other members grows, you will find lots of pics and hints and helps there.

i cant understand your frustration, but i see others do, but just some tips for helping the frustration. search before you ask. include pictures (not in purple!), give as much info as you can, things like lights, medium, feedings and foods...

and, if you entitle your thread what the problem is and not some obscure thing it will be a lot better.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Yeah your right. And I do google occasionally but alot of times the answer are all over the place & vary. At the moment I'm using a 250w hps & growing with coast of maine bar harbor organic soil. As far as plants go I have 5 fem strawberry cough seeds & five 3 gal.fabric pots. I was gonna through 4 under the light but most ppl. I talked to told me to do 2 or 3.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
well, the answers often actually vary! maybe that is why they seem varied.

since it is your first try inside, go with 2. you will find it easier to tend. as they grow they will get big and 3 would be too many when they hit late veg.

i like 5 gallon pots, but that is just a personal preference. i find it easier to water and mess with the plants.

learning how to ask questions on google is the key! if you use google, add "thcfarmer" at the end and when you get conflicting info ask. it helps people helping you if your question is specific, for instance instead of "what do i do?" try "ive read about such-n-such and should i do this or that?

like right now i am concentrating on where and how to dry my plants, im getting near the end of my first grow. so i am reading all the threads here on it and making a list of what i need and need to ask. so instead of another how do i do it question, i will be able to ask a good question (and i have a few!).

i think your frustration is self inflicted. you started a grow and then started to figure out how and what. turn that around, figure out your plan, then start. your frustration levels will be much lower if you approach things ready to do them.

like with the light, that is pretty much math, if you have a light it shines at some angle and that is your coverage. you have a phone and can get an app to see the readings and know if it is what your plant needs. you didnt do the work, just asked how many. naturally you hope to just be handed the answer, but you know what? it frustrates the helpers to think you put nothing in and then want them to do your homework for you. it is very frustrating now, trying to help, to even get at what your issue is? what issue was so bad that it prompted such an insulting post?

so... is that it? how many under the light? we all suck because you cant get that answered? and it has what to do with ph?

see? now THIS is frustration! try and try and try and then get insulted and cried to for help and then again try and try and try just to get each response with a whiny "ya but no one loves me".

you start a thread and dont even have an issue? did you just wake up and say "i think i will insult the wonderful people at thcfarmers because i dont feel like googling"

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah your right. And I do google occasionally but alot of times the answer are all over the place & vary. At the moment I'm using a 250w hps & growing with coast of maine bar harbor organic soil. As far as plants go I have 5 fem strawberry cough seeds & five 3 gal.fabric pots. I was gonna through 4 under the light but most ppl. I talked to told me to do 2 or 3.
Ok so how about this. Take a look at the area the light will cover, this part is pretty simple. Just go to the manufacturers website and see what they recommend for the area the light will be able to flower a plant in. Flower not Veg. Next you can take that information and look on the internet for how many plants to place under a 1000 Watt HPS lamp. If dirt about 9 is normal, more if under different media's but you are in dirt. So now you just have to figure it out. Or you could just say 1000 divided by 4 = 2.5 plants or 2 plants because less is more in this case.
It kind of sucks because as you said there were a lot more helpful people on this site before that really would help, but many have moved on because they just cannot handle all of the questions for the hobby growers. The problem from what I can tell is the lack of people wanting to figure it out for themselves. It is just easier for they to test the question on their phone or laptop and wait for the answer. We have this little thing at the top of the page with a magnifying glass next to it. It is the search bar, you can use that as well. Also if you look at the bottom of this page you are going to find subject matter on Similar Threads, that can be helpful as well.

Anthem

Anthem

since it is your first try inside, go with 2. you will find it easier to tend. as they grow they will get big and 3 would be too many when they hit late veg.

i like 5 gallon pots, but that is just a personal preference. i find it easier to water and mess with the plants.

learning how to ask questions on google is the key! if you use google, add "thcfarmer" at the end and when you get conflicting info ask. it helps people helping you if your question is specific, for instance instead of "what do i do?" try "ive read about such-n-such and should i do this or that?

like right now i am concentrating on where and how to dry my plants, im getting near the end of my first grow. so i am reading all the threads here on it and making a list of what i need and need to ask. so instead of another how do i do it question, i will be able to ask a good question (and i have a few!).

i think your frustration is self inflicted. you started a grow and then started to figure out how and what. turn that around, figure out your plan, then start. your frustration levels will be much lower if you approach things ready to do them.

like with the light, that is pretty much math, if you have a light it shines at some angle and that is your coverage. you have a phone and can get an app to see the readings and know if it is what your plant needs. you didnt do the work, just asked how many. naturally you hope to just be handed the answer, but you know what? it frustrates the helpers to think you put nothing in and then want them to do your homework for you. it is very frustrating now, trying to help, to even get at what your issue is? what issue was so bad that it prompted such an insulting post?

so... is that it? how many under the light? we all suck because you cant get that answered? and it has what to do with ph?

see? now THIS is frustration! try and try and try and then get insulted and cried to for help and then again try and try and try just to get each response with a whiny "ya but no one loves me".

you start a thread and dont even have an issue? did you just wake up and say "i think i will insult the wonderful people at thcfarmers because i dont feel like googling"
If you notice he is not even on the page anymore. He got what he wanted and is moving to another site now or will just come back when he has more questions.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Once again,I agree with you. All I can say is sorry. And I'm sure you're right,its probably coming from other areas of frustration. As far as what you said about 5 gal.pots I was going to do 5 gal.pots & do 2 under light but had decided to do four 3 gal.small plants under light. If you think four is too much even with the 3 gal.then I'll do 2 or 3 under light.

Top Bottom