Is it too big ? New Farmer 👩‍🌾 😅

• Thread starter Rhysl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rhysl420

Hi fellow Farmers hoping somebody can help me out with this I’m currently running 3x600w hps and 12” rino filter and when I have it on I struggle with humidity just stuck at 48-50% I’m week 2 into veg I would like up up in the 60s only way I can control temp and humidity is with the filter off ?? Is it too big ?
Is it too big  new farmer
Is it too big  new farmer 2

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Hi fellow Farmers hoping somebody can help me out with this I’m currently running 3x600w hps and 12” rino filter and when I have it on I struggle with humidity just stuck at 48-50% I’m week 2 into veg I would like up up in the 60s only way I can control temp and humidity is with the filter off ?? Is it too big ?View attachment 1329125View attachment 1329126
A fan speed controller or timer will help a lot.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Yes I was saying that to a friend of mine but he says that needs to run 24hrs as I have very little fresh air coming into the room… if I was too do that what kinda of hours would it be on/off for ??

Thank you sir
I run a 10x12 room with 31 inch carbon scrubber on a 8 inch inline. I have run all kinds of different times, 15 min on 15 off, 10 on and 15 off, right now in veg I’m at 5 min on and 15 off, as I get into flower and the plants create a more stable environment I tend to run it more for smell and when humidity isn’t a problem.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Yes I was saying that to a friend of mine but he says that needs to run 24hrs as I have very little fresh air coming into the room… if I was too do that what kinda of hours would it be on/off for ??

Thank you sir
Oh and all I use is a Wi_Fi smart socket to control, super easy and you can turn on and off anywhere you have service.

R

Rhysl420

Thank you honestly appreciate the help will deffo try this and get back to you to let you know how I got on legend cheers buddy :)

R

Rhysl420

I run a 10x12 room with 31 inch carbon scrubber on a 8 inch inline. I have run all kinds of different times, 15 min on 15 off, 10 on and 15 off, right now in veg I’m at 5 min on and 15 off, as I get into flower and the plants create a more stable environment I tend to run it more for smell and when humidity isn’t a problem.
Also when you done this do you notice any set time that works better or do you just always mix it up is the sudden drop of temp and humidity bad for the plants ??

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Is it too big ?
Don't know for sure. It's out of my league. I just wanted to welcome you to the farm.

I'm not sure I understand the question, though. Are you saying having the filter attached makes the humidity too low? So it's not the fan itself, but the filter that seems to be causing the problem?

R

Rhysl420

Hi blonde thank you and I have a humidifier because running 3 lights brings it down way too low but when I run the humidifier without the CF I can basically have it sitting at what I want but as soon as I turn CF on just sucks everything straight out of the room the humidity is not getting a chance to sit a friend of mine says that’s probably sucking out about a 1000L of air per/HR I’m thinking it might be too big or too strong for the size of the room

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Hi blonde thank you and I have a humidifier because running 3 lights brings it down way too low but when I run the humidifier without the CF I can basically have it sitting at what I want but as soon as I turn CF on just sucks everything straight out of the room the humidity is not getting a chance to sit a friend of mine says that’s probably sucking out about a 1000L of air per/HR I’m thinking it might be too big or too strong for the size of the room
Maybe so... What is the volume of the room?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

by volume do you mean how many plants ?
No. I mean the volume of the space inside the room. So measure the inside height, width and depth and multiply the three numbers. That is the volume of the room.

So, if your fan is moving 1,000L of air per hour, how long will it take to replace the air in the room?

For example, for my 2x4x6 tent, I have 48 cubic feet of volume inside my tent. Fans in my neck of the woods are usually rated in cubic feet per minute, or CFM for short. So a fan that moves 48 CFM would (theoretically) replace the air inside my tent once per minute.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

THIS^^^^^

You have to run your scrubber on a schedule so that your humdifier has enough time to load up the room with humidity. Basically you want to have enough humidity in the room so that the scrubber will remove some of it but not enough for it to drop your average room humidity outside of the range you want the room to sit at.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Also when you done this do you notice any set time that works better or do you just always mix it up is the sudden drop of temp and humidity bad for the plants ??
I just pick a time for on off and watch it over an day and night. Each room may be a bit different. You want as little swing as possible while exchanging all the air in the room.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I just pick a time for on off and watch it over an day and night. Each room may be a bit different. You want as little swing as possible while exchanging all the air in the room.
What would be the preferred interval between fan on/off? How do you time the intervals in regards to the performance of your humidifier?

Top Bottom