Is it true once you get wpm in flower and even veg it’s over?

I have to wait til lights on to take a pic but last night I thought I saw the very beginning of wpm on 2 leaves which I cut off. I’m in my first week of flower.

I did some googling and half thr answers said once it’s there it’s a losing battle. Your plant is done. And your tent is destroyed and you’ll never get it out.

please tell me this is not true. I plan to get potassium bicarbonate and mix with water and dish soap in the recommended mix I often see but what is the point of it’s a losing battle. :(. So sad. I worked so hard the last 2 months to do everything perfectly. Heartbreak. First grow.
 
Last edited:
I would grab some of that Mold Control and blast one plant separate from the others. in other words test one plant before you test or treat all of them to see which method is going to work best for you. increase air flow and light. maybe even install a UVC light and give em some more space. if nothing else know i'm with you in spirit brother and we all feel your pain. i would not quit yet but take some notes for next time. one less plant, upgrade a light or two and add that UVC light for sure.

BOL
OG
 
I did some googling and half thr answers said once it’s there it’s a losing battle. Your plant is done. And your tent is destroyed and you’ll never get it out.
doesn't sound right to me. mold needs a host to for food thus proper cleaning of the tent and exposure to sunlight to UV will clean that for sure.

OG
 
1,991
263
I would look into Actinovste. It simply a streptomyces species so it can go after the PM in ways surface sprays typically cannot. Also try citric acid products to help with control.
 
No it doesn’t. Spores can survive without any host and can be present long after you think it should be gone.
sure sure not saying it can not lay dormant for ages. i was poorly saying it could in fact be cleaned and that once the food source is gone i.e the plants in this case, the mold will have no food source as before.
 
1,991
263
sure sure not saying it can not lay dormant for ages. i was poorly saying it could in fact be cleaned and that once the food source is gone i.e the plants in this case, the mold will have no food source as before.
Get off the food source idea. It’s spores that become the issue. Those have no problem surviving in adverse conditions, in fact that is simply how they evolved and why molds exist today and existed millions of years ago.

I am not of the opinion your whole grow is shot or that you can’t grow in that’s space again but it will take a considerable amount of care and maintenance to truly make sure you are clear of the issue.
 
I would grab some of that Mold Control and blast one plant separate from the others. in other words test one plant before you test or treat all of them to see which method is going to work best for you. increase air flow and light. maybe even install a UVC light and give em some more space. if nothing else know i'm with you in spirit brother and we all feel your pain. i would not quit yet but take some notes for next time. one less plant, upgrade a light or two and add that UVC light for sure.

BOL
OG
I just googled uvc light, will any of them do or it has to be a special one? Will try the light. I only have 1 plant. Do it just leave it on on her tent a few hours a day? I checked her again now that lights are on. I don’t see any other than the 2 leaves from last night. If I do potassium bicarbonate or mold control plus the UVCis there a chance she makes it to a healthy harvest?
 
yes sir!! clean the tent and then the plant with whichever plant treatment you choice, i would use that Mold Control myself, maybe half dose it and then.
allow the UVC to run non stop, it should not produce heat or harmful light, if they are cheap and in budget grab two and place them on opposite sides. i'm sure ive smoked plenty of WPM in my days and i'm sorta fine.

BOL
OG
 
yes sir!! clean the tent and then the plant with whichever plant treatment you choice, i would use that Mold Control myself, maybe half dose it and then.
allow the UVC to run non stop, it should not produce heat or harmful light, if they are cheap and in budget grab two and place them on opposite sides. i'm sure ive smoked plenty of WPM in my days and i'm sorta fine.

BOL
OG
Thanks. I’ll get the light and I see Home Depot has the mold control. Just checked this morning and didn’t see anything except for 1 thing that could be a water/fert drop. Hoping maybe what I saw last night was something like that, but I’ll prepare bc the struggle with my rh is real.
 
yes sir!! clean the tent and then the plant with whichever plant treatment you choice, i would use that Mold Control myself, maybe half dose it and then.
allow the UVC to run non stop, it should not produce heat or harmful light, if they are cheap and in budget grab two and place them on opposite sides. i'm sure ive smoked plenty of WPM in my days and i'm sorta fine.

BOL
OG
I checked a bit more, all I could find was this, not sure if it is wpm tho. Could be fertilizer left over from water.
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll get the light and I see Home Depot has the mold control. Just checked this morning and didn’t see anything except for 1 thing that could be a water/fert drop. Hoping maybe what I saw last night was something like that, but I’ll prepare bc the struggle with my rh is real.
how big is your space, i ask because i have trouble keeping my RH up inside of a growbox i'm using.

OG
 
have you looked into the milk version of WPM solution ?
I read someone having done all the more homemade solutions commenting they worked much less effectively for him than potassium bicarbonate. So I nixed it off the bat,

how big is your space, i ask because i have trouble keeping my RH up inside of a growbox i'm using.

OG
Im in a 2x2 tent. But I just moved my hygrometer that I had in the room outside, into the tent where I have the ac infinity hygrometer probe and it’s reading 10 percentage points lower than the AC panel is saying. Wow. No idea which one is off but if never made sense to me that it could be so dry outside and so humid inside. If the AC meter is off then all would make more sense. Should I just buy another hygrometer to see which is correct? My goodness. Would be great if it’s just been off and I just imagined wmp.
 
Last edited:
620
143
Mildew spores are everywhere, they are in my home, your home and your neighbors. The only reason white powdery mildew spores germinated was because you let the grow area reach acceptable germination and reproduction conditions. First, WPM thrives when the nights are cool & humid and the days are hot and dry. It also LOVES stagnant air. So you'll want to add a couple clip on fans and run a dehumidifier. Make sure there are no dead spots in the grow area where air is staying stagnant. Basically whatever conditions WPM thrives in, you'll want to create the opposite in your grow space. Secondly, prune off any infected leaves (which you did). Baking soda will also kill WPM, a simple recipe can be googled, spray when lights are off. Sulfur based fungicide will control the spread of WPM.
 

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
12
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out

Sunset Sherbet S1

Divine Genetics
Girl Scout Cookies x Pink Panties
12
Feminized
New
$200.00
Strawberry Sorbet
Sold out

Strawberry Sorbet

DNA Genetics
Heirloom Swiss Sativa x Sorbet
6
Feminized
Limited
$85.00
Sorbet Stash
Sold out

Sorbet Stash

DNA Genetics
Headstash x Sorbet
6
Feminized
Limited
$85.00
Top