Is it true once you get wpm in flower and even veg it’s over?

• Thread starter luxeluxe99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've fought this a lot over the years. I've found burning sulphur in Veg and first couple weeks of flower keeps it away if you dont have wpm.

If you do though, and the buds arent well formed yet I'd wash the plants down with a sulphur in wettable powder form with a spray bottle. It seems to work the best at removing and killing spores on an infected plant. Actinovate didnt even make the wpm twitch when I tried it. It's better as a preventative. Same with Regalia which is actually better at preventing wpm than actinovate.

But to answer your original basic question, yeah, once you have it the war has begun.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I get really bad WPM on my outdoor crops (mainly zinnia), this year I am going to try MilStop. I've never used it but it's worth trying out.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I get really bad WPM on my outdoor crops (mainly zinnia), this year I am going to try MilStop. I've never used it but it's worth trying out.
Cant hurt. You likely know this already but it's an interesting point to bring up in PM discussions. WPM is somewhat host specific in that there are dozens of different subspecies of PM and each has a preferred host, and some can infect almost anything. For example PM that usually grows on maple trees wont infect peas, and the PM that affects peas wont grow on Cannabis. PM from zinneas may or may not be able to infect other plant species etc..

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

From my experience, No .
It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Just helped out a buddy who WAS in the same boat as you.

MILK
It stops it and cleans it up. In any stage.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

From my experience, No .
It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Just helped out a buddy who WAS in the same boat as you.

MILK
It stops it and cleans it up. In any stage.
Hey Joe what ratio do you mix the milk at?

I've read 9 to 1 but I've also read 50/50, not that milk would hurt anything, it I doubt it anyway? Just curious what people are using and having success awith, mostly I've seen 9 to 1 used

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Hey Joe what ratio do you mix the milk at?

I've read 9 to 1 but I've also read 50/50, not that milk would hurt anything, it I doubt it anyway? Just curious what people are using and having success awith, mostly I've seen 9 to 1 used
1 to 9 is good.

A thick film would disrupt the efficiency and operation of the leaves. I shoot for a thin glass type of film. I spray everything and let it cook on in the hot lights.

You can leave that film on for the duration of grow, or wash/spray off few days later..or keep building the layers up.
Eventually, I do try to wash as much off once problem is under control.
2020 02 28 175234

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Will it stink? Sure but the oder goes away in a few hours.
If sprayed in deep flower stage, it will color the hairs from white to Amber,orange,red.

Can also make a batch and water the plants with it every other watering.
If it's too thick, u run the risk of rotting milk in soil but it won't build up in the soil in a 1 to 9 ratio

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yeah I wouldn't call it a total loss just yet. There are a lot of things you can do which has mostly been discussed here already. I will provide my .02 cents-

Control your humidity as best you can. If you have to buy a cheap dehumidifier I would consider the investment.

Neem oil with some potassium silicate will help control PM in Veg. Spray once or twice a week.

GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide during flower. It can be found on Amazon.

And I would give your entire grow room a mild spray of water with a few drops of bleach in it, to kill any pathogens that may be lurking on your walls, ceiling, floor, etc. Just don't hit your plants with it.

Regularly airing out and drying out your grow room is going to be very important from here on out. I understand running low humidity all the time may not be the ideal situation so in this case I would try to air out the room and get the humidity down to 10% or less for 1 day per week, this will drastically slow down the growth of mold and mildew.

Good luck, partner! Don't give up! 🤠

Top Bottom