Boomer22

Boomer22

Did I F**k this up? Here’s my setup

-Room 17x17x9
-9 x 650watt Led
-5 fans
-9 amp dehu but it’s ducted into the room
- 36k btu Mr Cool DIY model

my mini split is having trouble keeping up with the lights on 100%. The worst part is outdoor temps are in the 70s, summertime around here is high 90s+

Anthem

Anthem

Did I F**k this up? Here’s my setup

-Room 17x17x9
-9 x 650watt Led
-5 fans
-9 amp dehu but it’s ducted into the room
- 36k btu Mr Cool DIY model

my mini split is having trouble keeping up with the lights on 100%. The worst part is outdoor temps are in the 70s, summertime around here is high 90s+
That should be more than enough AC. Did you install the AC yourself?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

you might have to just turn the a/c on and leave it

Boomer22

Boomer22

That should be more than enough AC. Did you install the AC yourself?
I did but had it checked by a professional. It’s blowing cold enough air, I’m assuming just not rough of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How well sealed and insulated is it? You start doing air exchange from outside and yeah no way in hell will it work. You'd be trying g to cool off the plant with a 36k btu ac.

Boomer22

Boomer22

Meijiu F8 I think is the model, its their 8 bar 650 watt foldable version. Room is 100% sealed and very well insulated. Outdoor temps have been very moderate anyway, 70s mostly.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

The dehum must be puttin out a lot of heat !? mine are like goddamn fanovens
What RH are you try to achieve? You can go a little wetter ina sealed room and have a smaller dehum...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So completely sealed then I would assume you have a co2 burner?

An 8 burner is over 20,000 btu by itself 💡

Or am I a 🤡

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I've got a 12k Mr Cool that isn't quite cutting it right now. I don't know if I've lost refrigerant in the few years I've had it, or if the BTU rating is overstated, or if the fans In the air handler just aren't able to circulate air fast enough

Boomer22

Boomer22

Sorry guys it’s been a busy as day, I should have given you more info. I turned the dehumidifier to such a high level that it hasn’t kicked on in a couple days. And no burner, I run bottles at the moment for that exact reason, I didn’t want to account for the heat

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I don't know if I've lost refrigerant in the few years I've had it, or if the BTU rating is overstated,
It cannot loose refrigerant during years, if it has even a tiny microscopic leak the gas will be out in few minutes leaving the loop completely empty...
Its good to perform routine cleaning of the internal unit coils with 50/50 bleach water between the grows to ensure maximum efficiency...but....
I was wondering also the same about the overating of the BTU because i can guerantee you that in the minisplit market you get what you pay for....and for the same cooling power you can find a wide range of price
If you look at the top notch from Mistubishi (highly reccomended) youll see...
Like Anthem said that coolin power should be more than enough...i run a bit less than 10k btu for just 4 lights .....
And yeah if the area is big maybe more smaller unit will be better

Fuckingatodeaso

Fuckingatodeaso

I got four HLG 650's, Dehumidifiers and Burner with an 18K Mr cool. Works with lights on daytime 90 degree weather. You might have a refrigerant leak. The mr cool units are set up to operate at minimum power consumption. If you want your room at 84 some times you have to set it at 83 or 82 or even 81. You have schedule capabilities. Set it at favored temp at lights on then an hour or two later bring it down again. You also have turbo mode. You can play with comfy mode too. Make sure fan speed is always on high. Mr cool takes a little playing around with at first. Not like a regular unit that will draw rated amps at temp change. It modulates amperage for efficiency. A pain at first but you can dial it in with scheduling in regular mode via the app on your phone.

Anthem

Anthem

Meijiu F8 I think is the model, its their 8 bar 650 watt foldable version. Room is 100% sealed and very well insulated. Outdoor temps have been very moderate anyway, 70s mostly.
I have not ran that light. With the Gavita 1650e's or 1700'e or the fluence spyder 2i I can get away with 8 running in a room with 20000 btu's and a 105 pint dehumidifier, that is absolutely maxed out and I have since upgraded but it got me by. I said 3000 BTU's to be safe. 9 lights with a ducted dehumidifier and 36000 BTU's should be no problem what so ever. Take a look at the model number for the fan unit. It might be an 18000 BTU head. Also another thing to consider is where are you getting the temperature reading. If you are getting it in the middle of the room and you are not getting enough airflow across the whole room that can be a problem. Take a look at using something to control the AC from the center of the room. Some of the controllers out there can run an AC. Trolmaster is one of them.

Top Bottom