Is my first indoor grow look ok so far?

• Thread starter Paul63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paul63

Paul63

Hi all, I germinated this Citrus Farmer Fem 1st week of December in a bio degradable cup buried in a 2 quart pot and then transplanted into a 5 gallon grow bag on 12/28. It’s growing a homemade organic soil on 18/6 light schedule with a Spider 4000 that draws 410W - no idea how much light but it’s pretty bright. It gets watered once a week with some cal mag added every other watering. I’ve been adjusting the PH to ~6.7 using PH down. I attempted a FIM after it had 5 sets of fan leaves which kinda worked - last week I topped all of the substantial branches. I have little control over humidity and it’s typically 40%, temp is 74 degrees with light on and goes down to 69 in the dark. I am a novice for sure but I’m pretty sure it’s doing very good so far. Since I have an 8 foot ceiling I was planning on letting it grow until its about 2.5 feet tall before switching to 12/12 lighting. Just curious if my opinion is correct or if you guys see anything funky with it that I dont.

Is my first indoor grow look ok so far
Is my first indoor grow look ok so far 2
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks a bit heavy on the nitrogen, back off a little. I would also trim off all of the bottom growth to halfway up.

Paul63

Paul63

Looks a bit heavy on the nitrogen, back off a little. I would also trim off all of the bottom growth to halfway up.
Roger that on the Nitrogen - I made a feed mistake a few waterings ago - it’s been recovering. I was planning on doing some trimming once the new shoots from the topping have developed a bit more - is it an urgent type of thing or something to do before switching to 12/12? Thzz as k you

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Roger that on the Nitrogen - I made a feed mistake a few waterings ago - it’s been recovering. I was planning on doing some trimming once the new shoots from the topping have developed a bit more - is it an urgent type of thing or something to do before switching to 12/12? Thzz as k you
Depends on the side of the road you stand on. From a trimmers perspective the sooner the better and that ranges to the hard-core styles or the just opening the bud sites... On the other side the first point alwayd is but the giant leaves are recepticals of lights... the more anyone grows the more it actually turns into your style versus theirs.... The truth being somewhere in the middle... My style is what the ladies show me they want others its like clockwork before they even plant the seeds they could tell you exactly every grow they'll ever do. I personally enjoy edibles and such to much to drop the bottom 1/3 of any plant is the weight added into my final numbers no but I've also got a light that all those things aren't necessarily my problems

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hi all, I germinated this Citrus Farmer Fem 1st week of December in a bio degradable cup buried in a 2 quart pot and then transplanted into a 5 gallon grow bag on 12/28. It’s growing a homemade organic soil on 18/6 light schedule with a Spider 4000 that draws 410W - no idea how much light but it’s pretty bright. It gets watered once a week with some cal mag added every other watering. I’ve been adjusting the PH to ~6.7 using PH down. I attempted a FIM after it had 5 sets of fan leaves which kinda worked - last week I topped all of the substantial branches. I have little control over humidity and it’s typically 40%, temp is 74 degrees with light on and goes down to 69 in the dark. I am a novice for sure but I’m pretty sure it’s doing very good so far. Since I have an 8 foot ceiling I was planning on letting it grow until its about 2.5 feet tall before switching to 12/12 lighting. Just curious if my opinion is correct or if you guys see anything funky with it that I dont.
Looking great for a first time grow. Be weary some strains can really stretch. If you flower a 1 ft plant, you can often end up with a 3 ft plant by the end of flowering. Keep in mind you need room for your light to be a safe distance above the canopy. 2.5 feet could end with a 7-8 ft plant, depending on the strain.

Paul63

Paul63

Looking great for a first time grow. Be weary some strains can really stretch. If you flower a 1 ft plant, you can often end up with a 3 ft plant by the end of flowering. Keep in mind you need room for your light to be a safe distance above the canopy. 2.5 feet could end with a 7-8 ft plant, depending on the strain.
Yikes - I have no idea hall tall it grows - it is 60/40 sativa dominant - my light surface can go as high as 7 ft off floor and plant is about a 9 in above floor - perhaps I can make a mesh to spread branches out more once it starts to stretch to try and keep it lower if it is a tall grower or switch it 2 ft - I’ll have see if there is any of that type info around

HarryHood

HarryHood

nice! can't wait to see how it turns out for you. i've got the sf4000 as well and have been using the dimming capabilities throughout. i'm in week 4 now and am at roughly over 60% hanging about 22 inches above the plants. i've been using the lux meter app that's been advised by other farmer's here to measure the output, and following the recommended light distance given in the instruction manual. good luck with your grow!

Paul63

Paul63

Yikes - I have no idea hall tall it grows - it is 60/40 sativa dominant - my light surface can go as high as 7 ft off floor and plant is about a 9 in above floor - perhaps I can make a mesh to spread branches out more once it starts to stretch to try and keep it lower if it is a tall grower or switch it 2 ft - I’ll have see if there is any of that type info around

Latest posts

Top Bottom