Is my light too close or too powerful?

• Thread starter TheCatman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCatman

Today I noticed these light tips on the top leaves. I also noticed on the one I was pointing to it that they kind of Twisted. I undid the very newest in the middle and spread them back out but they were twisted over. I actually raise the light a little bit it's at 26 to 27 in depending on the plant. The company recommended me have it at full blast. I had it on completely low I raised it may be 10 to 15%. It's a bloom plus 3000. There is a little screw that you turned to raise and lower the intensity of the light. Is this an intensity issue I'm gassing? Could it be fixed by moving the light further away and keeping it just as intense? I just want to get the most out of these autoflowers as I can. They're telling me 20 22 24 in right now. I've got other people telling me to go higher. I'm not really sure what to do with the light at all. I just want to get as much Madison out of these autoflowers as I can. They are not even a month old yet but showed signs of Pistons on the 3rd. These plants are not even a month from germination

Is my light too close or too powerful
Is my light too close or too powerful 2
Is my light too close or too powerful 3
Is my light too close or too powerful 4
Is my light too close or too powerful 5
Is my light too close or too powerful 6
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

They look ok to me. Wouldn't change anything right now.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
too stretchy/ lanky/ underdeveloped though not unhappy so soil mix watering habits may be ok but they could use more light
is it set at 20/4?

T

TheCatman

too stretchy/ lanky/ underdeveloped though not unhappy so soil mix watering habits may be ok but they could use more light
is it set at 20/4?
I am doing 18:6. Those little tips that you can see that are light on those tops leaves have only appeared when I have attempted to raise the light intensity. I saw a light colored tips on one of my plants a couple days ago when I tried to raise the intensity. I wonder if I need to raise the light. Right now it's at 26 in.

T

TheCatman

They look healthy because I just raised it that day for the intensity on my light. Then within that day those very light green tips appeared on the top of the top leaves on those plants. I can't figure it out though a professional told me my light needs to be further away. The company itself is telling me to turn up the intensity and keep it at the same height. They recommend 22 in up to 24 in right now with full intensity. I don't think the plants can handle that.

T

TheCatman

It's a little hard to believe for me that 30 days ago I was putting some seeds in a cup of water. Now my tallest is 17 in. Things could have been a little better and then beginning. I may have stress them out a little bit and yes they are starting to flower. They got Pistons maybe a week ago. I've seen things online people harvesting this particular strain extremely fast. One plant looks like it was going to be really great but it was too close to a heater and I did not realize that till it was too late. On the first bottom set of leaves on one side the middle finger just bent in half. I sniffed that off. This plant stays alive and maintains a decent color. It was a darker green different from all the others. There's a dwarf in there that doesn't seem to really grow at all it just looks healthy. That also has a bit darker green than the rest. Surprisingly my tallest isn't that skinny little beanpole. I don't know what's up with that one why it doesn't seem to grow out. It made me think it was acting like a different type of strain. Everything has been the same for it. For grow medium I am using Purple Cow indicanja soil. I just purchased their veggie supercharger which I'm going to add to the water I use for watering them. I've had to just go with what I have for water. I don't know if well water or bottled would be better for the moment. I don't have a pH meter yet it's supposed to arrive today. Then I still have to purchase some stuff to make it go down. The pH meter I got yesterday would not calibrate quite correctly. It did show though that the stuff I was using was high 6 low 7. I know I will need to purchase something to make it go down. They look like they are going not too bad though. I wish that they would have grown a bit more before they wanted to start flowering. It claims for seven to eight week flowering time.

D

Dugplug

Today I noticed these light tips on the top leaves. I also noticed on the one I was pointing to it that they kind of Twisted. I undid the very newest in the middle and spread them back out but they were twisted over. I actually raise the light a little bit it's at 26 to 27 in depending on the plant. The company recommended me have it at full blast. I had it on completely low I raised it may be 10 to 15%. It's a bloom plus 3000. There is a little screw that you turned to raise and lower the intensity of the light. Is this an intensity issue I'm gassing? Could it be fixed by moving the light further away and keeping it just as intense? I just want to get the most out of these autoflowers as I can. They're telling me 20 22 24 in right now. I've got other people telling me to go higher. I'm not really sure what to do with the light at all. I just want to get as much Madison out of these autoflowers as I can. They are not even a month old yet but showed signs of Pistons on the 3rd. These plants are not even a month from germination
Your lights are too high buddy that's why they are so stretched out

T

TheCatman

Your lights are too high buddy that's why they are so stretched out
Do you mean too high as in too far away or to high as into intense? They are autos so I'm trying to get them to stretch. They're only going to be alive for so long and they already started the flowering process. I did not top or train them because I did not want to stress them and start an early flowering. I guess they got stressed anyways. They've had Pistons now for a week. I was told to raise my light all the way up to make them Reach for it. Then to slowly get my light up to 100% so they're used to it. For being seeds in a cup of water March 11th I think they are doing pretty good for not being a month old. I wish they had not started the flower cycle yet. I had considered trying a Training Method or a topping method on one of them but I did not want to stress them out. I actually just touched I'm branch and move it to the side I bit myself to see if it would be worth tying something to pull it over. Since I touched that one I messed with it it hasn't seemed to want to grow as much. He's autoflowers really are finicky as I hear people say. It seems the best thing for these are to just let them be. Start them in the container you're going to finish in and have your entire set up ready to go before you start. I lacked a humidifier in the beginning. In my place humidity gets down to I think I have seen 28% but likes to stay in the thirties probably. I also did not use the Purple Cow seed starter as it was not recommended to me. Luckily my seeds were strong enough grow in the soil with all the nutrients. I do feel like that slowed it down a little bit. If I can get at least 4 oz out of this I would be happy. I was hoping for more obviously but they started flowering sooner and two of them aren't really growing. Honestly when I saw the Pistons I considered killing them . Saving the soil and getting new seeds. Next time they'll be far less issues. I will know what I'm doing. I also plan to get a feminised photoperiod strain instead. That way I can train it and do whatever so it has time to bounce back before I flip the lights.

20220410 103416
Top Bottom