Is my new carbon can and fan. Not sure if its big enough?

• Thread starter grinkeeper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grinkeeper

Is MY NEW CARBON CAN AND FAN. NOT SURE IF ITS BIGG ENOUGH?

This is sort of a trick because I know that my carbon filter can and filter is big enough and infact its overkill. Its a can-filter 100 "the original" and it has an Italian made elecient inline fan that works great and is very quit while running which I was very suprised about. When I got the set up from a good new friend of mine I had and idea that it would be heavy but I wasnt ready for the reality of it. this thing weighed in at over 100lb with the fan attached. its 93 lb by its self. So for sure if any one is considering a can-filter original can100 be prepared to be lifting as this thing is a monster. the thing with the fan is almost at my shoulder . its a monster for sure but it is worth it as it lasts much longer than a smaller type and its repackable to.. it good for up to 6 lights which is 5 more than what I have and seeing my grow space is only 5ftx9ft sealed up I think this set up will be more than enough... and infact I didnt even notice the thing was even running when I walked by the outlet port which goes into another room before it is sent else where.. but what I did notice is that there was no smell or odor AT ALL from the grow room. As I am new to carbon filters I thought I might notice a smell still but nothing so far but flowering cycle has just started do the test goes on and I will report more about this on going report of the monster can for the little one light room...

by the way here is the specs on my room size.. its 5ft x10 ft x 7f ceiling and its sealed concrete walls with 2 fresh air intakes, passive holes really with screens ...

By the way I must give a HUGE thank you to a member of this group "sevens" for all you help and advice getting me on my way to a well ventilated enviorment.....

Is my new carbon can and fan not sure if its big enough
Is my new carbon can and fan not sure if its big enough 2
Is my new carbon can and fan not sure if its big enough 3
F

Farmer J

Fans are rated in cubic feet per minute or CFM. To figure out how many CFM's you need start by determining the size of your room ({L}ength times {W}idth times {H}eight equals total volume {cubic feet}. Once you know the volume of your room you will need to get a fan that will vent the total volume in three minutes or less. A room with dimensions of 5' x 10' x 7' has a grand total of 350 cubic feet. To find out how many CFM's it takes to do the room in three minutes divide by 3. 350 divided by 3 equals 116.6 CFM (117 rounded).

og dmc

og dmc

If your going to suck air through it I would recomend a filter sock

D

DroMan

that looks like a 400+ cfm fan it should work fine, im not sure about the scrubber...it might create alittle back pressure if your blowing through it

B

Bubble Puppy

I reccomend a Comair Rotron ,550 cfm fan Caravel model cle2t2 or p/n 028128 .Not the "Patriot" model its way lower cfm.They are made for industrial applications but cost a fraction of the cost of a blower fan .I got mine for $30 .These bitches are bad ,and really cheap too . I have read reports of people changing them out now,after 20 years of continous use.Check ebay for a good deal on one if yer interested.

But hell the one u got in the photo looks great

G

grinkeeper

OK SO I am sucking through the scrubber not blowing into it, I can imagine blowing ever.....

AND THE ROOM IS 350CUBED, THIS IS CORRECT..

I have 2 passive holes of 4" and the room is sealed other than that so I think that it will be ok for now until I hook up and intake.

now my problem is duration.. I am using a 1000hps and it will peak at 95deg with out exhaust regularly.. but I am not sure what kind of frequency I should have on with the exhaust....
I have a digital temp controlled timer that will turn the fan on once a spesific temp is reached but I have not used it yet...

the person I got the complete unit from said he would just run it round the clock or at least when the lights are ..

I have it on for 12hrs continuos right now during lights on and every half hour on and off during lights out.. temps are stable at 80deg....I guess this method is for scrubbing more than temp right now.by the way humidity is down also as you would imagine..

here is my issue I want to run my co2 burner or injection system but cant figure out how long to keep the systems off and on to maximize co2 with out heat build up.. I am sort of baffled about this... Like I said i have a burner it puts out Co2 Output 100 ppm in 100 cubic feet in 1 minute but weill also add to the heat and humidity...so where should I make make my changes

Latest posts

Top Bottom