Is my plant flowering?

• Thread starter Wildnstoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wildnstoned

Wildnstoned

Ok to tell you the truth I don't know if my seads were from auto-flowering plants or from clones or straight male seed plant. So I have the 19 as done of you know. My question is on my tall plants have these things on them my question is are they flowering and If so what do I do?
Is my plant flowering
Is my plant flowering 2
Is my plant flowering 3
Is my plant flowering 4

Is my plant flowering 5
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You are aware you have a fullblown MALE plant there aren't you..Yes HE is flowering and will begin dropping pollen soon. (THOSE SACS WILL FILL WITH POLLEN AND OPEN)
Any females in are area (and beyond) will be pollinated. If you don't want a male..wet him down, bag and chop and dispose of him.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You have male plants that are ready to open up and release pollen. Those little round ball like things are, well, balls. They are the male flowers. Females will display a white fuzzy "V" shaped part in the same areas on the females. Best advice is to remove them from the grow area to keep females from growing seeds and not making the buds that you desire. They still make buds, but full of seeds and not as potent.

Wildnstoned

Wildnstoned

You are aware you have a fullblown MALE plant there aren't you..Yes HE is flowering and will begin dropping pollen soon. (THOSE SACS WILL FILL WITH POLLEN AND OPEN)
Any females in are area (and beyond) will be pollinated. If you don't want a male..wet him down, bag and chop and dispose of him.
Thank you so much here I thought there were FEMALE ones. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart
Thank you so much. I have so many plants I wish I new someone experience in growning to come and look at them. I'm so confused. Thanks again.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hey just curious when do they usually open do u know
It happens FAST AF..Wet him now to prevent any pollen spread, bag, tag and REMOVE NOW.

Sexing is easy at the stage you are in..you need to sex them way earlier to prevent wasted resources and possible mistaken pollination. I raise an occasional male in an entirely separate room, in a separate sealed tent. That sh** get all over the place and very fast!
Information is here and all over the net on sexing..I suggest doing a bunch of reading. (sexing a cannabis plant)
This was a DJ Short Male Blueberry..raised for pollen. If I let him..he could have pollinated hundreds of plants with those sacs..interestingly enough..this guy was completely void of pollen..Not a speck, but you get the idea!

Link: for sexing info:

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

only once, I had some nice smoke of male - otherwise, I call it 'grief' (pun on 'leaves'). but as i'm not into breeding and am into sinsemilla - i rip out any males from my garden, as soon as their 'balls' first appear.

and yes, male plants tends to grow taller than females, and tend to mature earlier than females (of the same strain) - that's their tendency, so that they can spread all their pollen over adjacent plants....that's the males' job to pollinate.

you've learned a lesson, first-hand experience - i stress to always start with quality genetic stock or at least different genetic stock, where you can 'weed' out undesirables like male plants. It's such a waste of effort/time to grow inferior genetic stock (or male, if not into breeding..) - you can grow a strong plant but it is always going to be undesirable.

on the other hand, you might not grow a quality genetic seed/cutting as well, but you would still produce better quality end-product, maybe not as much yield as it should/could have been.

so, all your plants are male?

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

@Wildnstoned suggest you get reading, try the basic growing section of this forum. There’s plenty of pictures of what a female plant looks like, to differentiate between the male(s) you have now. Thing is no one’s going to do this for you, it’s your responsibility, as a grower. Arm yourself with some knowledge and forge on, good luck with your grow, hope you get things sorted.

Wildnstoned

Wildnstoned

only once, I had some nice smoke of male - otherwise, I call it 'grief' (pun on 'leaves'). but as i'm not into breeding and am into sinsemilla - i rip out any males from my garden, as soon as their 'balls' first appear.

and yes, male plants tends to grow taller than females, and tend to mature earlier than females (of the same strain) - that's their tendency, so that they can spread all their pollen over adjacent plants....that's the males' job to pollinate.

you've learned a lesson, first-hand experience - i stress to always start with quality genetic stock or at least different genetic stock, where you can 'weed' out undesirables like male plants. It's such a waste of effort/time to grow inferior genetic stock (or male, if not into breeding..) - you can grow a strong plant but it is always going to be undesirable.

on the other hand, you might not grow a quality genetic seed/cutting as well, but you would still produce better quality end-product, maybe not as much yield as it should/could have been.

so, all your plants are male?
No lol looks like im going to have 14 out of the 19 I started with. Thank you for all your advice

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Thank you so much here I thought there were FEMALE ones. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart

Thank you so much. I have so many plants I wish I new someone experience in growning to come and look at them. I'm so confused. Thanks again.
You can you tube or google many pics of how to tell male from female...before u have males with balls ick..
Happy growing

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

No lol looks like im going to have 14 out of the 19 I started with. Thank you for all your advice

word of encouragement, it wasn't all of them. plus 19 plants is a lot to tend to, especially for inexperienced growers. and you have learned valuable lessons, allow yourself to make mistakes. it's when you repeat mistakes, it starts getting concerning.

hey, cull these males, then take a pickie of what's left - i assume they're sexing or close.....there might be a hermaphrodite (I mentioned the war, sorry, bad joke!)....

Top Bottom