Is my plant getting too old?

• Thread starter Trekronor420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trekronor420

Hello and thanks for help.

I have a short 8 weeks flowering strain 80% indica and it is going week 11 now and it looks little rough. Today i spotted a nanner and some bud leaves are yellowing and drying. Trichomes are white with very few ambers and no really clear ones anymore. Using x30 loop. I havent harvested becouse it made new pistils and majoritt are still white/yellow curled but not yet fully browned. It started to make new growth when i moved it from over crowed space to having square meter and 715w of ceramic and hps alone. It started to make new growth top of old and the main cola is monsterous huge and needing support from every direction.

Now when i found this nanner i have 1 other plant beint flushed atm and im thinking should i start to flush this one too and harvest it next week end like my other plant. Trichomes dont look any worse than my flushing plant but there are still plenty curled white pistils. If i harvest both in same time i could use the 2 day total darkness trick.

And do i need to clean my tent for the next grow becouse of nanner?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

No one can say without pictures, but it sounds close to done.

You should clean out your tent after every grow, nanners or not. You don't need to do anything drastic, as water inactivates cannabis pollen.

T

Trekronor420

20211221 201936

I spotted grayish colored area with dry leaves!!

It doesnt smell or look moldy or anything. Just discolored, sorry for poor picture lighting.

I must underline the plant moved from overgrowded spot to having square meter and 715w of hps and ceramic alone and it start3d to swollow and make new growth top of old one it looked weird and still does. Im afraid this is part of my first grow first plant finnished at 9weeks and is big succes. This one is weird it seems i cannot determine the harvest time by pistils??

I cut off some dryid up yellowish leaves and they were super frosrt and smelly i think and hope the plant is pumping up some emergency thc

Lights go off soon for the last time im gonna leave it dark for 48hrs

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Sometimes the plants will nanner if taken past maturity, it how they adapt.
Chop it. Probably doesn’t smell as good as it used too either?
overripe.

T

Trekronor420

Sometimes the plants will nanner if taken past maturity, it how they adapt.
Chop it. Probably doesn’t smell as good as it used too either?
overripe.
I think you are right it doest smell as much and it is certainly more dry and air humidity has also been very low 20's%. And ive been looking it everyday and it just feels and seems old to me, trichomes are not clear either. Only reason it is still up are the white pistils, but i though when i moved it to so much better spot it could do something like this.

And the nanner really got me worried, this is nanner banana right?
20211221 095254

T

Trekronor420

The discolored area look little reddish like swollen calyx on stem turn red. It smell good but not strong as before. Doesnt look moldy or rotten. Im also afraid of bud rot but i have very low humidity and good drainage. You can see it from the pic but the lighting sucks. Sorry spam no more. Lights turned off and i took timers off the wall, only air circulation and filter is on.

T

Trekronor420

It were bud rot after all!

The huge cola snapped when i trimmed it and inside is small part with white moist mess around stem. No bad smell and only small part infected like in the picture. I cut it off and keep the rest! Bud look really really good otherwise and smell good.

Now maybe some1 can help me and explain why this happened.so it doesnt happen again. Here is my quess:

-I left the remains of old harvested plant in my house and it molded and it spread to grow room becouse of open tent and air circulation suckkng in air from the house

-the main cola is so huge you wouldnt believe is much larger, longer and wider than large soda bottle. Pretty much double the size. And the bud is really dense structured

-temperature difference. At day temperature is between 23 and 28 celcius but when lights go off its 13-17celcius. Very low humidity.

Any ideas? Kinda shocked. And please tell me there is no worry as i cut and discard the infected part which didnt spread further when plant were still up and no bad sigms so far been drying for 2 days. Ima smoke it for sure there is no going back buying weed street prices 20euro g when you smoke several g everyday.

growsince79

growsince79

It were bud rot after all!

The huge cola snapped when i trimmed it and inside is small part with white moist mess around stem. No bad smell and only small part infected like in the picture. I cut it off and keep the rest! Bud look really really good otherwise and smell good.

Now maybe some1 can help me and explain why this happened.so it doesnt happen again. Here is my quess:

-I left the remains of old harvested plant in my house and it molded and it spread to grow room becouse of open tent and air circulation suckkng in air from the house

-the main cola is so huge you wouldnt believe is much larger, longer and wider than large soda bottle. Pretty much double the size. And the bud is really dense structured

-temperature difference. At day temperature is between 23 and 28 celcius but when lights go off its 13-17celcius. Very low humidity.

Any ideas? Kinda shocked. And please tell me there is no worry as i cut and discard the infected part which didnt spread further when plant were still up and no bad sigms so far been drying for 2 days. Ima smoke it for sure there is no going back buying weed street prices 20euro g when you smoke several g everyday.
B. Huge dense cola's can develop rot while smaller nearby buds are unaffected.

Top Bottom