Is My Plant Over Watered ?

• Thread starter Koltivation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highkev

The plant is revived !! As you can see the tips have turned a little brown but i dont think that should be much of a problem should it ? Thank you all for your advice and helping me out it is very much appreciated !!
Don't Water the entire surface:)

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The diameter of the circle is fine. When you start with big pots its better to go in expanding circles. The moisture will be distributed in the medium.
Spraying on the other end is not fine, maybe ok with a little seedling in a tiny tiny pot but when sprayed the water never moves down into the soil properly.
You can start watering the entire pot in a week or two when the leaves reach the diameter of the pots.

FatManatee

FatManatee

Looking at the pictures, you are only watering around a small area around the plant.
This is wrong. You MUST water the entire container so that you get decent runoff water and the entire soil is moist. Then wait until dry and water again.

Now you are just killing the roots from around the edges of the pot, as they do not get water. Meanwhile you keep rewatering frequently in the middle, which deprives the roots in the middle of the pot from oxygen.

You have fabric pots, so it's really difficult to overwater the plants, and you should be more worried about the soil drying out.

Koltivation

Koltivation

Looking at the pictures, you are only watering around a small area around the plant.
This is wrong. You MUST water the entire container so that you get decent runoff water and the entire soil is moist. Then wait until dry and water again.

Now you are just killing the roots from around the edges of the pot, as they do not get water. Meanwhile you keep rewatering frequently in the middle, which deprives the roots in the middle of the pot from oxygen.

You have fabric pots, so it's really difficult to overwater the plants, and you should be more worried about the soil drying out.
Yeah i got this problem all figured out already , thank u for your input though !

Top Bottom