Is my plant sick dtw runtz

• Thread starter mark360jones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mark360jones

mark360jones

Does anyone know the cause of this leaf disfigurement. So I have 8 girls from seed all on drain to waste system so there all getting the same feed 3 times a day. There approaching the start of 3rd week of 12/12, out of the 8 only one is showing leaves like this ( not all leaves on the plant but the majority of the fan leaves ), it also seems a little smaller than the rest. In the 2nd photo it the back right plant that is different. The fan is oscillating so I don't think it's to do with that as the front 2 also have a fan close and the back left is also getting the same fan.
Ph at the minute has crept up to 6.2 (i like to keep it at 6 but dont mind it between 5.8-6.2) but I will lower it down again, nutrient temp is at 15c and the ec is 1.2 going in and 0.9 in the runoff. I am currently still using masterblend like my previous threads vpd seem ok too

Is my plant sick dtw runtz
Is my plant sick dtw runtz 2
Is my plant sick dtw runtz 3
mark360jones

mark360jones

Looks possibly like to much nitrogen to me. How much light are you putting on them. I assume you have no pests.
This is one of the others, there all fed the same nutrient and also the same amount 3 times a day, like I said it seems to be only this plant that has an issue

20221111 231109
freezeland2

freezeland2

This is one of the others, there all fed the same nutrient and also the same amount 3 times a day, like I said it seems to be only this plant that has an issue
Not all plants have the same nutrient needs even if same strain. Exception maybe clones from the same mother.

That ppfd should be fine provided you ramped up slowly to it.

Regardless something is amiss. This is in coco? I’m a soil guy and there are some excellent coco growers here. Like @Aqua Man

mark360jones

mark360jones

Not all plants have the same nutrient needs even if same strain. Exception maybe clones from the same mother.

That ppfd should be fine provided you ramped up slowly to it.

Regardless something is amiss. This is in coco? I’m a soil guy and there are some excellent coco growers here. Like @Aqua Man
I understand they all need different levels, these are from a previous crop that seeded itself (i found the culprit that stressed them, red light from a power cord was constantly on during 12/12 cycle). @Aqua Man has helped me out on a few occasions, I've had a break for a while so I've not updated my thread, hopefully he will help me with his vast knowledge 😉

ProfessorB88

ProfessorB88

Looks like wind burn colours look on point nitrogen wise…is it by any chance the leaves closest to your fan? Or taking a lot of impact from your oscillating fan?

mark360jones

mark360jones

Looks like wind burn colours look on point nitrogen wise…is it by any chance the leaves closest to your fan? Or taking a lot of impact from your oscillating fan?
Wind burn no I wouldn't say so. The fan is central (i have 2 one at either end) so the one next to it gets exactly the same due to the oscillating if anything the one next to it gets the air more as its taller. Non of the plants the other end have these symptoms

ProfessorB88

ProfessorB88

Are the deformity’s on the one side of the plant or are their deformity’s on the opposite side of the plant? If it’s on multiple places around the circumference of the plant it would be safe to rule out environmental stresses as all the other girls are fine… has she had a previous nitrogen burn?

mark360jones

mark360jones

Are the deformity’s on the one side of the plant or are their deformity’s on the opposite side of the plant? If it’s on multiple places around the circumference of the plant it would be safe to rule out environmental stresses as all the other girls are fine… has she had a previous nitrogen burn?
It's look to be mostly the larger leaves, the other leaves look OK I guess . Yes its the whole plant, I'd say 50/50 wrinkled/normal. I will get a full plant picture shortly that might help identify the problem easier

mark360jones

mark360jones

It's look to be mostly the larger leaves, the other leaves look OK I guess . Yes its the whole plant, I'd say 50/50 wrinkled/normal. I will get a full plant picture shortly that might help identify the problem easier

ProfessorB88

ProfessorB88

Well if it’s the older leaves and not the newer growth I’d lean to her having a nitrogen toxicity around about the formation of them older leaves.. and she just might be that one girl who’s a little bit nutrient sensitive earlier on in her growth… you said she’s approaching 3rd week of 12/12 so it would be the perfect time for a good defoliation anyways new growth looks good so I’d strip them and just keep your eyes on her now as obviously your NPK ratios will be changing end of week 2 👍🏻

mark360jones

mark360jones

Well if it’s the older leaves and not the newer growth I’d lean to her having a nitrogen toxicity around about the formation of them older leaves.. and she just might be that one girl who’s a little bit nutrient sensitive earlier on in her growth… you said she’s approaching 3rd week of 12/12 so it would be the perfect time for a good defoliation anyways new growth looks good so I’d strip them and just keep your eyes on her now as obviously your NPK ratios will be changing end of week 2 👍🏻
Yeah Defoliating again very soon, I will put the picture of the whole plant up shortly see what you think the colour looks good which is whats throwing me from nitrogen toxicity. I've tried googling the leaf but couldn't find anything that resembled the way it had wrinkled or anything simlar. I change the npk ratios around the very start of week 4,

mark360jones

mark360jones

Calmag deficcancys?
I get this in coco along with red stem when i add calmag it goes away
What calmag can you recommend that dont make ph unstable, I've used a few different calmag brands before but they seem to all contain nitrogen and messed my resovior up making it unstable and mucky. Is it worth hand feeding calmag separately from the main resovior. I'm using masterblend and it very clean/clear, wonder if I upped my magnesium sulfate, as the other plants (there all the same 'runtz') don't have this I just don't want to mess things up as its a drain to waste system

Ph 007

Ph 007

What calmag can you recommend that dont make ph unstable, I've used a few different calmag brands before but they seem to all contain nitrogen and messed my resovior up making it unstable and mucky. Is it worth hand feeding calmag separately from the main resovior. I'm using masterblend and it very clean/clear, wonder if I upped my magnesium sulfate, as the other plants (there all the same 'runtz') don't have this I just don't want to mess things up as its a drain to waste system
That crazy I was just asking about this myself few minutes ago see my post

And one with low nitrogen is best
I'm not 100% on calmag myself still learning as coco is new to me . Are you in coco?

Why don't your drop your e.c back 0.2 and replace it with 0.2 calmag like in my link see the link the vitalink and shogun calmag half stegnth = 0.2 e.c And see how that goes for a few days

Top Bottom