is sativa the best for stress

• Thread starter pothead917
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

I think in general,indica strains are better for treating stress. They relax,they couchlock and they don't usually get you all energized like sativas do. Sativas will most likely add to the stress.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

but am i right that sativas are head high and indicas are body high
Yes, a head buzz is characteristic of sativas and a body buzz is characteristic of indicas. But...

Keep in mind that almost everything is a hybrid. When I say I prefer sativas, I prefer sativa dominant hybrids. Most people who prefer indicas are smoking indica dominant hybrids. So something that is mostly indica can get you high, and something that is mostly sativa can have a body stone to it.

Some of the Chem line has some sativa-like energy to it, so sativa/indica may not be the best scale.

growsince79

growsince79

Yes, a head buzz is characteristic of sativas and a body buzz is characteristic of indicas. But...

Keep in mind that almost everything is a hybrid. When I say I prefer sativas, I prefer sativa dominant hybrids. Most people who prefer indicas are smoking indica dominant hybrids. So something that is mostly indica can get you high, and something that is mostly sativa can have a body stone to it.
The industry hypes the indica/ sativa thing way too much. Even my 100% pure Colombian sativa will knock me out if I eat too much. According to miss yoga pants at the dispensery sativa will keep you awake all night. These Johnny come lately yuppie marketers want you to buy both. Unbag it and smoke just to find out there's no difference- they both disappoint. Us old timers know whats up.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

i dont know if its the weed strain or because its sativa but i feel really happy right now after smoking some hawaiian snow. because sativa are head high and indica is body high, sativa are best for stress?
Body stone indica ,head high sativa is a myth and you can get examples of both that are the reverse of common accepted belief ,Indica was a term Lamarck coined to distinguish drug strain,more resin,(wide blade) from sativa(narrow blade) hemp originating in India growing in fields.

TomH

TomH

I usually stress over not having any weed, therefore, having either is good for my stress level!
But honestly, eating sativa with pnut butter gets me so happy I just can't believe it.
If I smoke a sativa, nothing, but eating is WHOA!
Alternatively, smoking indica is awesome while eating the same does nothing to me.
Go figure, I must be a little broken!

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I usually stress over not having any weed, therefore, having either is good for my stress level!
But honestly, eating sativa with pnut butter gets me so happy I just can't believe it.
If I smoke a sativa, nothing, but eating is WHOA!
Alternatively, smoking indica is awesome while eating the same does nothing to me.
Go figure, I must be a little broken!
I don't go for the whole sativa vs indica in relation to effects,to me it varies by plant, but I agree with weed killing stress.

TomH

TomH

I don't go for the whole sativa vs indica in relation to effects,to me it varies by plant, but I agree with weed killing stress.
I didn't either when I was smoking only, but eating it really opened up my mind to how different the strains can be.
I'm not stating this as an across the board thing, just how it affects me.
I smoke indica and eat sativa.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I didn't either when I was smoking only, but eating it really opened up my mind to how different the strains can be.
I'm not stating this as an across the board thing, just how it affects me.
I smoke indica and eat sativa.
There are very few strains that aren't a combination of both.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Iā€™ve had some sativas that feel like your trippin on LSD which is not exactly stress relieving lol. I recommend indica for stress relief.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Most people I know whos anxiety is triggered easily cant smoke sativas. It makes them trip out lol. . which is what im wanting lol. For me indicas make me tired as it does with most.

Now how long you let it bake, i mean if the trichomes are clear, early harvest, well even a heavy indica might give you some energy. And if the trichomes are cloudy and the frost is more like a crust lol, well even the most potent sativa's will make you go nite nite.

I like sativas harvested at near clear tricomes. . shit gets me going good lol. . . just dont fuck with me irrationally cause we both about to be irrational lol. Shit will keep me mad.

Also to a side point. . stress can be addressed without drugs and should be first. Marine corps took the stress from me. Idc what happens, im not even worried about it. Every bad thing thats happened this far has been a blessing in disguise. Im here to learn and experience. . no time to worry lol. . time to get shit done.

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

for me it's an absolute mistake to smoke sativa when i'm stressed, anxiety appears immediately. so indica the only help i can get when im stressed, i just chill and fall asleep - perfect

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

None !!! 100% sativa's tend to engerize one while indica's slow things down which helps stress. look for a good hybrid 50/50 strains and even a dominate indica strain ---- need some name of ? Seedfinders.eu is a very good source of information that can help you
yes procrastination is my issue which adds to my stress, smoking sativa wakes me up to focus on completing task at hand which in turn helps with stress. indica leads to more procrastination for me cause i feel ''too'' high to do other things than chill

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

for me it's an absolute mistake to smoke sativa when i'm stressed, anxiety appears immediately. so indica the only help i can get when im stressed, i just chill and fall asleep - perfect
for you maybe. i been smoking pure sativa for over 2 decades now and its definitely doesnt cause anxiety for me, back when it was illegal there were times yes but that wasnt the sativas fault constantly looking over your shoulders will make anyone anxious

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

i dont know if its the weed strain or because its sativa but i feel really happy right now after smoking some hawaiian snow. because sativa are head high and indica is body high, sativa are best for stress?
how did you feel stress or chilled and ready for the day?

Bushbandit

Bushbandit

I like to smoke a more Sativa strain during the day while Iā€™m working,
I have a party going on in my head,but I can still function.
In the evening I prefer a more Indica based strain for a more couchlock affect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom