Is she done yet?

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I've got a bunch of auto-strains I've grown for seed. This is one of them, (unknown #3) most all of the bunch are in various stages of end stages of flowering development.

I'm eager to move on, but I don't want to pull the trigger too soon.

What do you think? Should I pull her, or another week? I usually do this by the "feel" of the buds, and they certainly feel pretty dense and full of resin at this point....

Is she done yet
Is she done yet 2
Is she done yet 3
Is she done yet 4
Is she done yet 5
Is she done yet 6
Is she done yet 7
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's pic's of another auto-strain in the room, this one still looks like it has a way to go, I think... She's highly seeded as well, note (especially in pic 6-7) the calyx full of seeds...

IMG 20200713 155240   Copy
IMG 20200713 155253   Copy
IMG 20200713 155257   Copy
IMG 20200713 155307   Copy
IMG 20200713 155319   Copy
IMG 20200713 155331   Copy
IMG 20200713 155336   Copy
IMG 20200713 155339   Copy
IMG 20200713 155419   Copy
IMG 20200713 155426   Copy
B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
I've got a bunch of auto-strains I've grown for seed. This is one of them, (unknown #3) most all of the bunch are in various stages of end stages of flowering development.

I'm eager to move on, but I don't want to pull the trigger too soon.

What do you think? Should I pull her, or another week? I usually do this by the "feel" of the buds, and they certainly feel pretty dense and full of resin at this point....

Another week on flush looks nice an jelly like flush flush lol

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Another week on flush looks nice an jelly like flush flush lol

I think the plants were seeded in mid April, or perhaps a week earlier.

Yea, I've been doing mostly flushes with just pure h2o the last week or 10 days. Before that, I was using a bit of overdrive and foxfarms cha-ching, and I probably over did it a little, as you can see some of the tips and leaf drop, I don't think I'm going to do any more nutes from here on out.

The last dose I gave was bit of the Extreme Blend Soluble Fulvic Humic Amino Acids to try and get the rest of the remaining fert to uptake.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's the blueberry auto, she's looking pretty much done also (too me). I notice she's still putting out new pistol, but the bud are real firm, and I'm reluctant to let them go too long. I'm one that likes my trichomes at the peak of ripe, as the buzz is much cleaner IMO. (too ripe causes couch lock) Regardless that this is seed stock, I'll still be smoking these....

What do you think fellas?

Done? Or another week.... Am I getting impatient? or is it ripe.

IMG 20200713 172843   Copy
IMG 20200713 172856   Copy
IMG 20200713 172906   Copy
IMG 20200713 172916   Copy
IMG 20200713 172921   Copy
IMG 20200713 172932   Copy
B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
I think the plants were seeded in mid April, or perhaps a week earlier.

Yea, I've been doing mostly flushes with just pure h2o the last week or 10 days. Before that, I was using a bit of overdrive and foxfarms cha-ching, and I probably over did it a little, as you can see some of the tips and leaf drop, I don't think I'm going to do any more nutes from here on out.

The last dose I gave was bit of the Extreme Blend Soluble Fulvic Humic Amino Acids to try and get the rest of the remaining fert to uptake.
I would probably go for taking her down.
I prefer the flavour an the actual bud high not couch high lol.
Can make her as potent as you wish once she down.

Have you checked the run off ec levels?

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I would probably go for taking her down.
I prefer the flavour an the actual bud high not couch high lol.
Can make her as potent as you wish once she down.

Have you checked the run off ec levels?

Well there not in coco, but normal soil, but I just checked and it's 108

Eight

Eight

My advice is to scope those tricombs. 80% cloudy with approx 20% amber and I'd be cutting. Hard to tell without a loop or scope though.

B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Couple of days on coconut water an remove all the unneeded leaf autos live the air??

Nice final boost

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
My advice is to scope those tricombs. 80% cloudy with approx 20% amber and I'd be cutting. Hard to tell without a loop or scope though.

Yea, I've got several around, but can't find any of them. Actually, I like to do more like 10% amber, or just as the heads start to drop/bend. If I've got mostly milky (and no clear ones) that's prime in my opinion. Amber is what I'm tying to avoid.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Couple of days on coconut water an remove all the unneeded leaf autos live the air??

Nice final boost

Actually, what I've been doing it getting it really dry in here, as the biggest boost I notice comes from low humidity. I've given them some more room and took out some of the smaller ones I don't care about (ie. seed stocks). too allow these more robust ones to finish nicely. From the looks of the leaves, I'm reluctant to put anything more in the soil, I think there should be enough, especially with the does of humic/fluvic I'm giving it. That should help extract a bit more potency, out of whats remaining in the soil.

Madmax

Madmax

Id say the first ones real close .second plant looks filthy ,as in resinous 😎can see bugger all pistils on that one.theres a seed too by the looks.last one can can go longer ..plenty white hairs on that one..ive had pistils go all brown on some plants but when viewed through a loupe there still wasnt any amber..id get a loupe to view those bulbs

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Id say the first ones real close .second plant looks filthy ,as in resinous 😎can see bugger all pistils on that one.theres a seed too by the looks.last one can can go longer ..plenty white hairs on that one..ive had pistils go all brown on some plants but when viewed through a loupe there still wasnt any amber..id get a loupe to view those bulbs

There is actually hundreds of feminized seeds, the plant would be twice as fat maybe if she wasn't so pregnant. But I will smoke her none the less. (actually smoking the mind blow auto tonight).

My wife says she's stoned, and she's the all knowing authority on that one. (she's who I pick strains to grow) As she's got medication resistant temporal epilepsy, and is on some heavy drugs, but the cannabis really helps her alot.

Here's how it's doing now.

I got the glass out today actually was able to find one of them, not the one I wanted, but it worked barely. a 30x is too big in my opinion. There looking fine, still a little clear, so a few more days perhaps.

IMG 20200715 183129   Copy
IMG 20200715 183255   Copy
IMG 20200715 183316   Copy
IMG 20200715 183321   Copy
IMG 20200715 183331   Copy
Last edited:
B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
I will take the humidity drop on board makes sense will start to dry the bud on the plant.

iv Got a bb kush only tiny slow grower but I will try it on that an let you know 👍🏻
Lovely looking buds will look stunning when dried an trimmed 😍

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I've got friends that actually just shut off the lights, and let the containers dry out, and let it dry right on the stalk, (I don't have that option with room constraints) in the planters. You want to control drying for sure, once there ripe, but I think getting down to 30-40% humidity or lower during flowering really helps stimulate the oils, especially coming from wet Seattle.

I like to dry at least over 10 days, preferably longer 2 weeks or so. The longer you stretch out the curing process the better your smell and smoke quality. I've dried plants out quickly, and there fire for sure, but usually lose much of there terpene content, and don't smell quite as fragrant.

Took new pictures today. Here they are.
IMG 20200715 183050   Copy
IMG 20200715 183255   Copy
IMG 20200715 183302   Copy
IMG 20200715 183335   Copy

IMG 20200715 183226   Copy
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Nice final boost

Hmm, Pure coconut water, or do you mix it with water?

B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Personally I dilute only tried one on my last grow an came out well.

I just try something different every time to be honest but my main flush is this

39705D68 EB76 478D 8584 30402FB0A0BF
Top Bottom