Is she going to die?

• Thread starter iGemini365
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thank you! I really appreciate all of your info/advice and guidance on everything. Iā€™d have been lost without it! You definitely know your stuff.
I'm just stumbling along like everyone else! šŸ˜„

I

iGemini365

I'm just stumbling along like everyone else! šŸ˜„
Update: watered yesterday and it seems to have taken it well! However, my temps arenā€™t stabilizing at 78 and rh at 80%. I have my space heater continuously running at low and oscillating and itā€™s only holding temps around 72-74. When I put it on medium, immediate temps are getting above 90.. I got an aci cloud ray 6ā€ auto oscillating fan as well and added that in with the other little fan I have and just installed the aci this morning to see if it would help even out the temp distribution. It hasnā€™t so far. Maybe I need a bigger tent? Iā€™m kind of lost at this point :/

I

iGemini365

Update #2: itā€™s now looking a little droopy.. I must have overwatered yesterday.. I watered until I saw runoff coming out of the bottom of smart pot and then I stopped. From everything Iā€™ve read Iā€™ve seen itā€™s pretty difficult to over water with a smart pot?? Iā€™ll just have to water less!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Update: watered yesterday and it seems to have taken it well! However, my temps arenā€™t stabilizing at 78 and rh at 80%. I have my space heater continuously running at low and oscillating and itā€™s only holding temps around 72-74. When I put it on medium, immediate temps are getting above 90.. I got an aci cloud ray 6ā€ auto oscillating fan as well and added that in with the other little fan I have and just installed the aci this morning to see if it would help even out the temp distribution. It hasnā€™t so far. Maybe I need a bigger tent? Iā€™m kind of lost at this point :/

Try this. If you have a digital timer you can program the heater to go on and off at a chosen interval. Set your heater to medium and time how long, with lights on, it takes to get to 85* and how long it takes, once you shut off the heater, to cool back down to 72*. Program your timer with these times as a starting point and adjust accordingly until you're able to stabilise temp in the room to fall within the range you want it to.

With the digital timers that I use you can program different time interval groups so if you can get it to work with lights on you can also set up a program for temp to stay in range with lights off. Once you have it dialed in your room should never waver too far out of range throughout the plants day and night. You'll have a much more consistent environment for them which should promote accelerated growth.

Update #2: itā€™s now looking a little droopy.. I must have overwatered yesterday.. I watered until I saw runoff coming out of the bottom of smart pot and then I stopped. From everything Iā€™ve read Iā€™ve seen itā€™s pretty difficult to over water with a smart pot?? Iā€™ll just have to water less!

You're probably fine. Runoff is fine. Overwatering is keeping the soil consistently wet day after day. You can water until a gallon of runoff comes out of the bottom and you won't overwater your plant as long as you let it dry back. This is why it's not advisable to water every day as this will keep the soil oversaturated and the roots will drown and die.

The picture I posted of the 3 plants in my 5 x 5 is where they are right now. They are currently drinking around a gallon to a gallon and a half of water every 2 days with about 15% runoff. Normally this would be overwatering but they're drinking it so fast that my soil is bone dry down to the second knuckle on day 2. I was removing the runoff at first but one time I got distracted and forgot to remove the runoff. I remembered about an hour later and opened up the tent to remove the runoff from the tubs. The plant had sucked up all the runoff!!!! Now I water the same but just don't remove the runoff as the plants are using it too!!!

I

iGemini365

Try this. If you have a digital timer you can program the heater to go on and off at a chosen interval. Set your heater to medium and time how long, with lights on, it takes to get to 85* and how long it takes, once you shut off the heater, to cool back down to 72*. Program your timer with these times as a starting point and adjust accordingly until you're able to stabilise temp in the room to fall within the range you want it to.

With the digital timers that I use you can program different time interval groups so if you can get it to work with lights on you can also set up a program for temp to stay in range with lights off. Once you have it dialed in your room should never waver too far out of range throughout the plants day and night. You'll have a much more consistent environment for them which should promote accelerated growth.

You're probably fine. Runoff is fine. Overwatering is keeping the soil consistently wet day after day. You can water until a gallon of runoff comes out of the bottom and you won't overwater your plant as long as you let it dry back. This is why it's not advisable to water every day as this will keep the soil oversaturated and the roots will drown and die.

The picture I posted of the 3 plants in my 5 x 5 is where they are right now. They are currently drinking around a gallon to a gallon and a half of water every 2 days with about 15% runoff. Normally this would be overwatering but they're drinking it so fast that my soil is bone dry down to the second knuckle on day 2. I was removing the runoff at first but one time I got distracted and forgot to remove the runoff. I remembered about an hour later and opened up the tent to remove the runoff from the tubs. The plant had sucked up all the runoff!!!! Now I water the same but just don't remove the runoff as the plants are using it too!!!
Thank you!! Iā€™ll definitely mess with the timer and see what happens! Iā€™ll keep you posted. With lights off today my avg temp has been steadily at 68.4 and rh has been steadily at 67-68. Not quite 70 but pretty close. Do you think a bigger tent would help stabilize things better?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thank you!! Iā€™ll definitely mess with the timer and see what happens! Iā€™ll keep you posted. With lights off today my avg temp has been steadily at 68.4 and rh has been steadily at 67-68. Not quite 70 but pretty close. Do you think a bigger tent would help stabilize things better?

I would think a smaller tent would be easier to control because the environment you have to condition will react to changes you make faster due to having less environment to condition. Tent size should always be as large as you can physically fit in the space you have with enough working room around it. The environment can be dialed in. Just need to identify the problems for the given situation. Solutions are the easy part as most issues with cannabis have already been addressed in one way or another.

Lights off temps and humidity are fine as long as your lights on temps/humidity aren't going more than 10*/10% from your lights off. If you can get the lights on specs stabilized you'll be in good shape.

Just keep messing with it and see what you come up with. You're fine and will see flower. Maybe not as much as you could if you were able to better control the environment but weed you will get in your present conditions.

BTW your droopy plants are probably going to look great by tomorrow!!! šŸ˜„

Top Bottom