Is she ready Trainwreck pheno 2?

• Thread starter MrGnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGnome

MrGnome

Hey guys just double checking if I should harvest another one of my plants. It looks to be 50-70% amber to me. Another Trainwreck pheno!

Is she ready trainwreck pheno 2
Cochisedrummer

Cochisedrummer

Most people harvest around 10-20 percent amber so I’d say you definitely need harvest that girl

MrGnome

MrGnome

Most people harvest around 10-20 percent amber so I’d say you definitely need harvest that girl
I want this one to be super sedative and psychedelic so im letting go longer. My other TW pheno I hatvested october 21st with 20-30% amber. But want to go 50-70% amber on this particular plant. What percentage do u think I got?

MrGnome

MrGnome

Anyone here know the actual percentage? Really want to chop!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That is quite degraded. Dented collapsing amber to brown trichomes have converted their thc to cbn. A non psychoactive canabanoid.

Past 100% cloudy thc goes down. Growers let plants go a bit amber just to be sure all the potency is there.

Beyond that effects are strain dependent.

But kudos for the self test. Hard to let a plant go like that.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MrGnome got a pic of the whole flower? Thats not a pic of the bud leaves trichomes in the op is it?

MrGnome

MrGnome

That is quite degraded. Dented collapsing amber to brown trichomes have converted their thc to cbn. A non psychoactive canabanoid.

Past 100% cloudy thc goes down. Growers let plants go a bit amber just to be sure all the potency is there.

From the new pics I uploaded around different parts of the plant how much percentage of amber do you estimate?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes I got a pic and the video where I got the still image of the trichomes. And no I don't believe those are the bud leaves.

Looks well done to me. Without a good amount of healthy green leaves she cant really develop more potency. They degrade faster yellowed out or de leafed. I have noticed as i get better at growing over the years that healthy plants (hybrids) taken out to 10 weeks or more keep growing layers upon layers of new trichomes through ripening. Seems there are new clears for weeks sometimes. Thats when the effects get more potent. More complex and much deeper and long lasting.

Just my experience. There are many 10-12 week big bushy plants harvested in my thread if you are interested.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From the new pics I uploaded around different parts of the plant how much percentage of amber do you estimate?

I dont know maybe 35%?

Again amber trichomes like yours are degrading. You are losing the thc potency.

I cut when i see mostly cloudy with a few amber here and there for full effects. Some sativa leaning old school strains i grew had transparent amber and even colored trichomes like red and blue or purple. But modern cultivars dont seem to have those. They made harvest time more tricky.

I bet that is sleepy weed. Too much cbn. Trainwreck is a potent up feeling kind of strain. I recently lost an og kush x trainwreck that had a real happy psychadelic high but smoke too much and it would put you down on the couch.

Nice job bud. Looks like you got a nice load of bud there. :-)

MrGnome

MrGnome

I dont know maybe 35%?

Again amber trichomes like yours are degrading. You are losing the thc potency.

I cut when i see mostly cloudy with a few amber here and there for full effects. Some sativa leaning old school strains i grew had transparent amber and even colored trichomes like red and blue or purple. But modern cultivars dont seem to have those. They made harvest time more tricky.

I bet that is sleepy weed. Too much cbn. Trainwreck is a potent up feeling kind of strain. I recently lost an og kush x trainwreck that had a real happy psychadelic high but smoke too much and it would put you down on the couch.

Nice job bud. Looks like you got a nice load of bud there. :-)
Thanks man 2 plants down 6 more to go! Hope to harvest some plants on October 31st Halloween if ready! Really cant wait to harvest my dank Og kush plant! I have Insomnia caused by overthinking anxiety so I like sleepy weed. I really always like the super stoney behind the eyes blood shot eye stoned in high school. But unfortunately I don't get red eyes anymore. But I also like energy sativias in the day time. If I had the patience I'd love flowering a pure Thai sativa but I heard it can take up to 16 weeks to finish! Its like Sativias are your white wine for day and Indicas are your red wine for night!

MrGnome

MrGnome

Looks well done to me. Without a good amount of healthy green leaves she cant really develop more potency. They degrade faster yellowed out or de leafed. I have noticed as i get better at growing over the years that healthy plants (hybrids) taken out to 10 weeks or more keep growing layers upon layers of new trichomes through ripening. Seems there are new clears for weeks sometimes. Thats when the effects get more potent. More complex and much deeper and long lasting.

Just my experience. There are many 10-12 week big bushy plants harvested in my thread if you are interested.
Very interesting man I will certainly check your thread out!

linde

linde

ya I don't let my stuff go Amber at all. much more resin and flavor when all cloudy. Once it goes Amber the tricomes break off and the plant goes downhill quickly. Not sure why most people on this site overripen the hell out of their dope! I find it worse to overripen than to harvest slightly early. oh well each yo their own.

MrGnome

MrGnome

Start at the beginning. Unfortunately been battling root aphids this year. Plenty of info about it posted.
Ughh damn root aphids! I just have regular aphids but lacewings and lady bugs are keeping them down. But the ones they don't get I gotta squish everyday! Annoying little bastards especially when you grow completely organically. Hope you get your root aphids under control!

MrGnome

MrGnome

ya I don't let my stuff go Amber at all. much more resin and flavor when all cloudy. Once it goes Amber the tricomes break off and the plant goes downhill quickly. Not sure why most people on this site overripen the hell out of their dope! I find it worse to overripen than to harvest slightly early. oh well each yo their own.
Well yes maybe 80% too risky for trichomes to break off. But I like super stoney sleepy weed. Taste is nice but if its weak high its not worth it to me. I don't like functional bud. If I want functional early cut weed I can get that from the shitty dispensary. New growers are too obsessed with taste rather than the high. Wheres the classic heavy stoney blood shot eye high anymore? Why do people like the clear high? These people ruined dispensary weed. Are you people too scared of the heavy classic high? Or you don't want to admit you cut quality for electricity cost so you don't have extend flowering to a couple more weeks?

Top Bottom