Is something wrong?

• Thread starter Oricson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oricson

Oricson

First time grower. These seeds were planted 12 days ago and don't seem to be progressing as fast as I thought. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or am I just being impatient? The plants seem very tall and leggy.

Is something wrong
Is something wrong
Is something wrong 2

Kepp89

Kepp89

12 days meaning it went from seed in hand to this tall in 12 days of dirt
or
12 days as in it went from sprouted root to this tall in 12 days of being in the dirt

just curious. but i think its fine. maybe the lights are too high and its stretttttttttttttttttching to find the light before it does any bodily shape shifting. once it does it'll do its thing. so maybe lower the light so it can find it and know everything is ok. your light should have a "hey put the lights this far during seedling, veg, flower" in the manual

and with them both bending to the middle equally, i really think its the light height/distance.

Oricson

Oricson

12 days meaning it went from seed in hand to this tall in 12 days of dirt
or
12 days as in it went from sprouted root to this tall in 12 days of being in the dirt

just curious. but i think its fine. maybe the lights are too high and its stretttttttttttttttttching to find the light before it does any bodily shape shifting. once it does it'll do its thing. so maybe lower the light so it can find it and know everything is ok. your light should have a "hey put the lights this far during seedling, veg, flower" in the manual

and with them both bending to the middle equally, i really think its the light height/distance.

Thanks! They are 12 days from non-germinated seed in hand to this. I will try lowering the light a bit. I appreciate your feedback. Cheers!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Your temperatures are a little low particularly for seedlings, plus as mentioned you might want to try to get the lights closer.

Plants are in the seedling stage for several weeks where they develop roots before they begin to grow above the soil, so patience is required, good luck!

Oricson

Oricson

Your temperatures are a little low particularly for seedlings, plus as mentioned you might want to try to get the lights closer.

Plants are in the seedling stage for several weeks where they develop roots before they begin to grow above the soil, so patience is required, good luck!

Thanks! Yes, I don't have the best grow space as it's connected to outdoors and not insulated. I'm going to have a battle on my hands with temps and humidity...

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The stems are long and thin. This is caused by either too low of light levels, too much darkness, or a combo of the two. They will fall over and kink if you aren't careful...keeping the light on for 24/7 will help them slow down the stretch and beef up. Once they get going, they go quickly...keep a lot of side growth as well if possible, it will increase the yield further down the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom