Is stacking related to nutrients, genetics, or both?

• Thread starter robotballoon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robotballoon

A little more context. 2 Plants in 1G containers under a TS1000. Both from same batch of regular seed. About 100 days from seed. Both in a soil mix of 1:2:3 Coco:Perlite: Stonington Blend (75% strength soil good for seedlings but I just went with it the whole way through as a learning experience). Fed occasionally with fish hydrosylate. Before flower I top dressed with a flower mix of organic amendments, and the one on the left received a mix that was slightly lower in nitrogen versus the one on the right. Wondering if I stunted flower stacking by giving the right one slightly too much N. Or if its got to do with other nutrients like P or Ca. They should have received the same amount of P from the mix and feeds. Or if the difference is just phenotype.

Thank you

Thank you

Is stacking related to nutrients genetics or both
Is stacking related to nutrients genetics or both 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A little more context. 2 Plants in 1G containers under a TS1000. About 100 days from seed. Both in a soil mix of 1:2:3 Coco:Perlite: Stonington Blend (75% strength soil good for seedlings but I just went with it the whole way through as a learning experience). Fed occasionally with fish hydrosylate. Before flower I top dressed with a flower mix of organic amendments, and the one on the left received a mix that was slightly lower in nitrogen versus the one on the right. Wondering if I stunted flower stacking by giving the right one slightly too much N Or if its got to do with maybe available P. Or if the difference is just phenotype.

Thank you

Thank you
Mostly genetics, light spectrum and overall grow conditions and plant health

As far as nutrients as long as they are balanced to the needs they wont increase density but rather contribute to plant health so they can really only effect it negatively.

But PGR’s can absolutely affect that

R

robotballoon

I think I misunderstood some things. Stacking, as I now understand, is the internodal distance? This issue here is actually I think foxtailing. Will update with new pictures soon.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Fox-tailing can be the result of any or all of the following:

- Genetics
- Light too intense
- Nutrients too strong (esp. N inputs)
- Night temps too high

Your plants look awesome. Keeping the above in mind will help you get to the finish line. You thinking two more weeks-ish?

R

robotballoon

Fox-tailing can be the result of any or all of the following:

- Genetics
- Light too intense
- Nutrients too strong (esp. N inputs)
- Night temps too high

Your plants look awesome. Keeping the above in mind will help you get to the finish line. You thinking two more weeks-ish?
Thanks for the reply. Plenty of issues because this is my first successful tent grow. I probably had all 4 of those issues and then some. Lots of fungus gnats like halfway thru until I started using BTI in every watering.

First pics were 41d in flower. They are now at 56d and I am planning to chop tomorrow or the next day. So 2 more weeks indeed ;). Will update with pics. And eventually I will transcribe my notes and turn it into a post-grow diary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom