Is the plant ready for harvest (Northern Lights Blue Auto)? First-time grower looking for help

• Thread starter Cannondale
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannondale

Cannondale

Dear THC farmers,

I am seeking your counsel regarding my Northern Lights Blue Auto plant and its readiness for harvest.

The plant has been growing for 62 days now (indoors) and the seed producer noted it has a 75 days cycle. The leaves are drying out and curled. At the same time, the plant has an end-top white trichome head plus some of the lower branches buds are still white. I don't have a magnifying camera photo to observe the trichomes in close though I read the best method would be to see those and determine this based on their colour.

My question for you: Is the plant ready for harvest (photos attached)? Any advice how to treat the plant further?

I have so much to learn. I am a first-time grower and any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time and for reviewing my plant! :)

Best,

Cannon

karolanne

karolanne

We need to see the trichomes closer, but it seems to me that you should have harvested already. But don't take my word. Wait to see what others will say.

Cannondale

Cannondale

We need to see the trichomes closer, but it seems to me that you should have harvested already. But don't take my word. Wait to see what others will say.
Thank you Karolanne for your kind feedback. I tried some zoom apps on my phone (Android) to make those close-ups, but the results were somewhat ambiguous (not sharper than the 3rd photo). I will wait a bit and if no one answers, I will start harvesting the plant :)

karolanne

karolanne

Thank you Karolanne for your kind feedback. I tried some zoom apps on my phone (Android) to make those close-ups, but the results were somewhat ambiguous (not sharper than the 3rd photo). I will wait a bit and if no one answers, I will start harvesting the plant :)

What really bothers me is the state of your leaves...

Try to get a magnifier app one your phone and check your trichomes. Look at this image. You need to harvest when the trichones are mostly cloudy. some prefer to harvest when there is a bit of amber too.

When to harvest cannabis diagram

Ddebrazza

Ddebrazza

They look like to me that they need a little longer. I am basing this off the picture showing the long white hairs still stretching. Id get closer to that 75 day mark.

For comparison, I am about to harvest in the next 24-48 hours and my plants were in Flower for 62-63 Days with a total Grow Time of 93 Days.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I grow autos and I’d let it go at least a week may be 2 if the plant can take it - have you stopped feeding the plant? It looks like it’s been sick for a while - for your next grow keep a diary here on the farm and they will help - stress greatly reduces yield and quality of an auto in my opinion

Latest posts

Top Bottom