Is There a Significant Difference in Seed Quality

• Thread starter NDfarmboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NDfarmboy

I've been growing for some time now. Generally, with great success. However, in my last couple of grows, I've had issues with some of my plants. I noticed that while treating different plants with exactly the same the formula of hydration, fertilizer, light, etc., some have shown issues of discoloring, drying, and dying leaves while other plant next to them (overlapping actually) are very robust. So, now I'm wondering if the quality of the seeds has some significant impact. I had been paying a good price to get seeds from overseas without problems. But, because of price, I changed to a stateside supplier and now have connected the dots that these plants have been more problematic. What do you folks think??

Beazy

Beazy

Ya can’t treat every plant exactly the same they all have different wants and needs. Your problem plants probably just need more or less of a certain something!!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't think it's the quality of the seeds. Some plants prefer more acidic or more basic soils than others, and can have different nutrient demands.
I currently have a mix of plants started, and I can see differences in the demands of different phenos.

Incidentally, half of the seeds came from Europe, half from the US. No difference by origin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom