Is there a way to tell a “pure” Indica, i.e. hasn’t been crossed with a Sativa?

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

This plant, about six weeks old, was grown from a small pack of seeds I left in the garage. The seed is at least 25 years old and originated from California (where I got them. They were in the back of a drawer of my tool box and had been subject to summer temperatures of >125 degrees F!. The first three seeds I planted (indoors) failed to launch so I tried another three and same thing so I three said seeds in the trash. Just by chance I didn’t dump out one the last little pots and, low and behold, three weeks later, it sprouted alongside a Sativa seed I had purchased a few weeks earlier. Being that it’s so old, the seed, I figured it increase chances that it was a pure Indica—what strain I don’t know but no Sativa in its DNA. I started a couple clones The sativa, that I showed in a previous thread, is my first indoor plant. This indigo plant, iis the second plant I’ve never grown. Check out the girth of the branches. So much bigger than my Sativa’s

Is there a way to tell a pure indica ie hasnt been crossed with a sativa
Is there a way to tell a pure indica ie hasnt been crossed with a sativa 2
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Branches not sure I’m more looking at the width of the leaves.
With seeds being that old it could be, but the hippy guys back in the70s did a lot of cross breeding. Could be highly indica dominate, or even pure without a genetic work up from a lab you can’t tell for sure.
its weird old seeds can take a long time to sprout for whatever reason.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Looks to me like Hindu kush.but what do i know? Only way to tell for shure is send to a lab.

Top Bottom