Is there an advantage to having the plants closer to the reflective walls of the tent? Versus in the middle of a tent.

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

For instance in a 8x10x8 grow room I'll have a raised platform 6x8. I can either place that directly in the middle or push it to one corner, leaving a bunch of room on 2 sides instead of all around it. If I push it to the corner it would be bc it's better to have them closer to the walls for the reflection. In which case I'd hang some of the same material as the walls to enclose the plants. In the picture is the squiggly line. Which would be better?

Is there an advantage to having the plants closer to the reflective walls of the tent  versus
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I would go with A.

Reasons - gives you room to work on all sides
Gives the plants more room for canopy
Light reflected from sides will be very minimally effective for photosynthesis.
Putting them next to the wall complicates air movement

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I would go with A.

Reasons - gives you room to work on all sides
Gives the plants more room for canopy
Light reflected from sides will be very minimally effective for photosynthesis.
Putting them next to the wall complicates air movement
That's really great to hear, that was what I was hoping for. Never thought about the better airflow too, but it def makes sense. I still have to get a bigger light. This is all just thought for the future. I'm gathering stuff now to build a bigger tent.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Use a light meter. Take the guessing out of move/lower/raise and turn up or turn down the lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom