is there any issues with using a fem for my female in breeding.

• Thread starter weed420420420420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I was going to start a thread with this question but saw that it's been asked a couple of times already. I'd like to dig deeper though, if there's anyone who has good knowledge around this.

The reversing thing has been around for many years. I think colloidal silver is the most common and best method for getting a female to produce pollen that will then make feminized seeds.........at first I thought the female plants those seeds produced would be sterile. We know that's not the case. And if the question is "Can I breed with/pollinate a feminized plant?" the answer is yes.

But my question is, is a feminized female just as good, just the same quality as a natural female for the purpose of breeding? Regardless of the male in the equation, all other things being equal, is a feminized female (sounds like an odd term) of lesser genetic quality in any way?

GYOweed

GYOweed

I was going to start a thread with this question but saw that it's been asked a couple of times already. I'd like to dig deeper though, if there's anyone who has good knowledge around this.

The reversing thing has been around for many years. I think colloidal silver is the most common and best method for getting a female to produce pollen that will then make feminized seeds.........at first I thought the female plants those seeds produced would be sterile. We know that's not the case. And if the question is "Can I breed with/pollinate a feminized plant?" the answer is yes.

But my question is, is a feminized female just as good, just the same quality as a natural female for the purpose of breeding? Regardless of the male in the equation, all other things being equal, is a feminized female (sounds like an odd term) of lesser genetic quality in any way?
Everything you said is wrong.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Rasta Jeff of Irie Genetics says there is no problem breeding with females from feminized seeds. Several of the strains he sells have one or two feminized parents. He tests all crosses before selling them, whether they're fems or regs.

But I also know a guy who thinks they're less stable. I don't think he has the experience of the Irie genetics guy, though.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Rasta Jeff of Irie Genetics says there is no problem breeding with females from feminized seeds. Several of the strains he sells have one or two feminized parents. He tests all crosses before selling them, whether they're fems or regs.

But I also know a guy who thinks they're less stable. I don't think he has the experience of the Irie genetics guy, though.
Even if at the very least it slightly increases the risk of hermaphrodites down the road, then it's a no for me.....if there are 0 other issues, that aline is enough. Besides the fact that I find feminized seeds to be cheating. ;)

At least with Autos you're not toying with nature using chemicals......even still, I don't care if there's 4% ruderalis......1%.....if I want ruderalis genes, I'll do it myself.

When you say "Rasta Jeff" (I'm sure he's 100% Jamaican...) tests things......how? How many generation's of breeding have been done with feminized vs. non-feminized that someone can say "There is no difference, there will be no difference, there will be no future issues of any kind"..?

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Even if at the very least it slightly increases the risk of hermaphrodites down the road, then it's a no for me.....if there are 0 other issues, that aline is enough. Besides the fact that I find feminized seeds to be cheating. ;)

At least with Autos you're not toying with nature using chemicals......even still, I don't care if there's 4% ruderalis......1%.....if I want ruderalis genes, I'll do it myself.

When you say "Rasta Jeff" (I'm sure he's 100% Jamaican...) tests things......how? How many generation's of breeding have been done with feminized vs. non-feminized that someone can say "There is no difference, there will be no difference, there will be no future issues of any kind"..?
Rasta Jeff is the guy's nickname, because he follows that religion and wears dreads. He's a white guy from Colorado who is a successful breeder. Maybe if he were from Jamaica he'd be a more trustworthy source?

He tests seeds by sending them out to dozens of people around the country to grow them under different conditions, and stress tests them himself.

Fems are cheating? Who is getting cheated, exactly? Who is reaping rewards that should rightfully belong to the cheated person? Your brain seems to be on random access mode.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Rasta Jeff is the guy's nickname, because he follows that religion and wears dreads. He's a white guy from Colorado who is a successful breeder. Maybe if he were from Jamaica he'd be a more trustworthy source?

He tests seeds by sending them out to dozens of people around the country to grow them under different conditions, and stress tests them himself.

Fems are cheating? Who is getting cheated, exactly? Who is reaping rewards that should rightfully belong to the cheated person? Your brain seems to be on random access mode.
I'm just teasing......I'm sure he's a good breeder. ;). Easy on the personal attacks though dude. I can think what I want, and I think painting plants wirh chemicals to force reverse them is cheating. You do you and be a "mystic".....

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

@Harpua88 asked if feminized breeding will lesser genetic quality in any way. why would it? i dont see how forcing a plant to breed itself will take anything away in way of genetics. is it cheating? i dont know i see colloidal silver as a tool not cheating. is it natural? it is a mineral not a chemical

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
@Harpua88 asked if feminized breeding will lesser genetic quality in any way. why would it? i dont see how forcing a plant to breed itself will take anything away in way of genetics. is it cheating? i dont know i see colloidal silver as a tool not cheating. is it natural? it is a mineral not a chemical
We could split hairs on language and definitions.......I've never seen nature spray colloidal silver on plants.....

As soon as I see some real evidence, scientifuc studies, etc, that there are no long term negative issues with using feminized seeds in breeding, I'll believe it. I did read something from someone who seemed reputable that it could increase the incidents of hermaphrodites.........there's also simply the longer-term unknowns. I for one won't be participating in feminized seeds.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Most hermie plants come from unstable environment or nutes , Stress , light, heat it’s usually the farmers fault! Sometimes bad genes but that’s just a blame game imo

Latest posts

Top Bottom