is there any one who can give me a rough guide on curing times/methods

• Thread starter jon blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jon blaze

:hi morning every body thanks to the people who warned me about the importants of flushing can some one just run through the best way of curing i have some in jars and have been burbing them but would like some expert advice as everything i've been told on here has helped with the finished product which is bloody lovely :cool0041: as i was saying can someone give me a rough guide on curing how long to burp the jars, preventing mould that sort of thing it would be much appreciated thanks guys will upload pics of finished ladies later if any one would like to see :banana1sv6:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello Dude

You want to hang your plants until dry- I like to let them get to where the stem just snaps when bent
Next(or you can do this when plant is cut) remove all leaves and anything you don't want to smoke(you can use this to make hash etc.)
Next remove buds from plant and put into jar/s
If buds are anyway a little damp you may need to burp/turn over the buds in the jar/s every couple hours
You really need to be on top of this, feel the moisture in the buds, they will seem damper after being in the jar for a while and until this stops you will need to burp/turn buds in the jars fairly often
For your first few times you will want to do this too much rather than not enough, because if you fall into the not enough you will get to meet our enemy mold
Drying/curing greatly depends on the relative humidity around you, in the midwest spring time its almost impossible to get this done with all the rain. Any other time its pretty easy
Don't be afraid to leave the jar lid off for an hour or two, if they are damp when you open the jar you might want to put them into a paper bag for a while.
If you get them too dry put a fresh leave or 2 into the jar for 6-12 hrs

hope this helps
mal

J

jon blaze

cheers buddy i chopped some about a week ago and the rest a few days ago the bit from last week i've jarred and have been burping and turning them everyday for about 15 mins and already it tastes better than the bit i kept back for myself but didnt do the paper bags which is a really good idea by the way but i really dont want it to mould so for rest of it will definately be going into paper bags because their like two different bits the difference a week can make is unbelievable and that was thanks to people on here's advice so i just like to check i'm doing things right just one more thing does it have to be a certain type of jar for instance would old coffe or jam jars that sort of thing be okay?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Any jar will work

Usually glass, and without any smells or your weed will take on the taste. I did put my weed in a coffee jar once that smelled of coffee and it did improve the taste/smell, but you never know you might think cool smell then smoke and it tastes nasty. Good luck Bro I'm hitting the hay

mal

J

jon blaze

my brother used vinilla pods and said it tasted lovely anyway cool thanks pal

hiboy

hiboy

Typically in my area of cali on an average day = 70 ish degrees, i wont bag it for ten days after all trimming done. Hay smell should disappear around then as long as all leaves are gone.
Heres my simple method that worked great last two runs
No water to plants two days prior to pick
Cut all down, pull main sun leaves and any larger leaves that catch your eye
Depending on your quantity,
2nd cut process takes place withing a couple days of first cut
Let hang again upside down,
Normally around ten days cut buds off stem and brown bag 1/3 full and fold top of brown bag. Couple days
Depending on dryness, put in oven bags (a little experience helps here)
This is my simple method, many other ways to skin a fish, this is a good method for newbs
h

Top Bottom