Is there any original strains left

• Thread starter KiLoEleMeNt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

So I have been searching around for an original ATF#1 SKUNK#1 AK Hash plant! Anything original and never crossed but to no avail, can anyone help me out to where these strain or similar strain can be found? or how I can cross back something to get as close as possible? I am at a true loss here family help me out please!

william76

william76

So I have been searching around for an original ATF#1 SKUNK#1 AK Hash plant! Anything. original and never crossed but to no avail, can anyone help me out to where these strain or. similar strain can be found? or how I can cross back something to get as close as possible? I am at a true loss here family help me out please!
Dutch passion makes. that claim about their durban poison,pure unhybridised,i don't know how true it is,i. just popped some so I guess I'll see,I think theirs many of us looking for these strains. too{atf,real skunk,etc.}these are hybrids too,maybe a landrace instead ?but their also getting rare now too,prefer indica,sat or hybrid?all the best,76

symbiote420

symbiote420

Kinda confused by what you mean. But if what you mean by "original" is a worked or pure line then there are some still available in this ever evolving world of hybrid x hybrid. It probably won't be easy to find what you're looking for unless you got a good buddy whose been working with a particular line(s) or you're willing to travel somewhere and are lucky enough to find/grab some landrace seeds, most of the seedbanks now have concentrated on selling F1 hybrids and fems atm.

Working lines is hard work and most peeps aren't willing to put the time, space, and dedication in to do it right.

colostoney

colostoney

I am tickled how a stuck up smoker comes along crying polyhybrid this or that everythin out there is a mix nowadays that is a fact

NEWSFLASH
most any domestic drug type cannabis is a mega polyhybrid likely worked by man on and off since the last ice age literally

for instance a lot the popular crowd likes to call kush a sativa lmfao kush is one the most domestic indica cultivars in existence
and is from MIDDLE latitudes guys duh.
I guess I'm just a rare stoner I got high as fuck in highschool but I learned a lot

trippinballz

trippinballz

Woah...wait a minute....I thought "kush" only came from Californistan?

And that kush was a taste you got on exhale....

Different from the "OG" taste.....know what I'm sayin'? :rolleyes:

As far as the OP...if you want "original" you'd need to go father back than "Skunk #1" cus that was a 4-way cross of strains in itself.....(maybe the first popular "polyhybrid"?)

good luck in the search

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I am tickled how a stuck up smoker comes along crying polyhybrid this or that everythin out there is a mix nowadays that is a fact

NEWSFLASH
most any domestic drug type cannabis is a mega polyhybrid likely worked by man on and off since the last ice age literally

for instance a lot the popular crowd likes to call kush a sativa lmfao kush is one the most domestic indica cultivars in existence
and is from MIDDLE latitudes guys duh.
I guess I'm just a rare stoner I got high as fuck in highschool but I learned a lot

in theory that is true.. but if you grown many landraces compared to most crosses and used them in breeding you can tell a huge difference in the resulting offsprings..

just my stuck up 2 cents

colostoney

colostoney

Woah...wait a minute....I thought "kush" only came from Californistan?

And that kush was a taste you got on exhale....

Different from the "OG" taste.....know what I'm sayin'? :rolleyes:

As far as the OP...if you want "original" you'd need to go father back than "Skunk #1" cus that was a 4-way cross of strains in itself.....(maybe the first popular "polyhybrid"?)

good luck in the search

he he he you crack me up but you are right don't ya know blah blah blah invented it in 2000 and blah blah blah snauz selfed it a hndred times n started twenty five poser seed companys
look I got one the hats at the canna cup I'm in the breeders circle now
rotflmao bitter old men

well heck almost all weed I see if its good has the old school lookin nl sk1 and that indian or south amrican white widow look show up
in the phenos I look through eventually or sometimes the old presoviet coffee thumper type indicas or even I love Asian highland indicas and ya hardly ever see those
im shocked how many thousands a types a weed in seed people can buy but even more so about how many are not very good at all

but what makes me old bitter in sad about that is I cant find the sk1 or the nl I know as the bomb
of either one them that I once knew in the 90s only lil hints showing up in these mega mutts
its not that everything is polyhybrid its always been
its that hardly anyone is refining what they breed anymore like it was back in the day cuz they are cock jockeys after the money fast as they can

colostoney

colostoney

that dang sam the skunk man has some Tall claims in the canna world I call bs on most of and hell most skunk around today is descended from Hawaiian skunk that's why it is sweet
I don't know what happened or why real skunk one bred in the 60s from colum/mexi/affi disappeared but I used to fiend out on it in the mid 90s and what I remember clearly as skunk one is flat out gone....lmao
He didn't invent the gum on my shoe and that's as ridiculous as these other cats claimin to have made og lately or the other no name character proppin his name on the famous cali underdawg or headband cut i've seen around since I was a kid

colostoney

colostoney

irony is sometimes the only partner my pocket lint has got out there broseph
I don't know more than anyone else but I do know some people do not know
it all either at all just sayin in the nicest way I can put it
and um all of us cant be who we are always everywhere or we cant talk
with all our bros we've known for a long time
that's why I post no pics by name EVER hardly anywhere anymore
I don't need accused a spam when I don't make a cent or spam or give out anything but advice
and hell last thing I want is to be little or mess with anyones means a income or business anyhow
I am one the older of the old school of the grow scene not the best at all but ya I been there
dang its an alright day though and I love fall
just so dang high already I've lost all three lighters again

Last edited:
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

[QUOTE="william76, post: 1345088, member:]Dutch passion makes. that claim about their durban poison,pure unhybridised,i don't know how true it is,i. just popped some so I guess I'll see,I think theirs many of us looking for these strains. too{atf,real skunk,etc.}these are hybrids too,maybe a landrace id ?but their also getting rare now too,prefer indica,sat or hybrid?all the best,76[/QUOTE]

I had heard the same thing about the durban poison went out and got some seeds have been pollinating two males to two females and keep them separately contained as i have heard using the same male female from the same parents can hurt the strain (not sure if there is any truth to this) it seems legit grows like it should
20141019 191805

My problem here is that its not one i remember from the past i do know that most of the "ORIGINALS" are polyhybrids what i am looking for is just good old land race seed to use someting of a 1970's era strain i cant seem to find anything in the shops or online that is not something stupid like blueberry lockjaw kush shark or skunky hash plant #5000 that clearly has been crossed by some wanabe breeder who though it sounded cool and didnt even take the time to stabilize the genetics that when you get six you have both phenos some mixed pheno i just want something stable if you know what i mean

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Naw if i was going to go that route i would just buy from greenhouse seed company places like real seed green house herbies are not for me way to commercial to have good quality control even world of seed is kinda to commercial for me but they have a standing reputation of small batching and good quality control everyone else is just pushing seed out faster than they can produce them and i don't like that that's like Tollhouse cookies or even grandma's cookies they were the best in the world at one point he'll even when i was younger they were better than they are now that they are selling them faster than they can make them they taste like sugary shit and not anything like their small batch cookies used to be i feel it is the same with seeds However it is far more detrimental to the process as I get crappie seed (unstabilized for my seeding use) for tons of cash

Last edited:
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Can someone direct me to a thread on crossing back a strain I'm having a hard time figuring it out/ understanding how it works i have greg greens book on breeding but i feel it's not enough information i need someone who has done it to go over their respective techniques I don't need a baby sitter but a good full thread on this or someone that can PM me

william76

william76

Can someone direct me to a thread on crossing back a strain I'm having a hard time figuring it out/ understanding how it works i have greg greens book on breeding but i feel it's not enough information i need someone who has done it to go over their respective techniques I don't need a baby sitter but a good full thread on this or someone that can PM me
R c clarkes book mj botany,advanced study has what you need in detail,how to bx,ix or outcross,selecting for traits whatever,whats the project?iv. Done some bxing but im not an expert,this book was real helpful,{still is helpful}good luck!76

Top Bottom