Is there any original strains left

• Thread starter KiLoEleMeNt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ritual

Ritual

Seems easy to get wrapped up in names and such but if i were you id find one of those old hippies thats been growing seeds they picked up in the 60s/70s and have been growing on the side of a mountain or in a field and start phemo hunting through whatever beans theyll give you. Just my two cents.

Ritual

Ritual

i am that guy just not that old lol i feel you though i got some old school connnects
Hell yeah man, i got one older cat that hooked me up with some decent old school. Would love to come up on some more, sativa especially

hdwjunior

hdwjunior

Woah...wait a minute....I thought "kush" only came from Californistan?

And that kush was a taste you got on exhale....

Different from the "OG" taste.....know what I'm sayin'? :rolleyes:

As far as the OP...if you want "original" you'd need to go father back than "Skunk #1" cus that was a 4-way cross of strains in itself.....(maybe the first popular "polyhybrid"?)

good luck in the search
Real kush -----Hindu Mountains

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Real kush -----Hindu Mountains
HinduKush

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

Holy crap @lino , dropping some knowledge bombs! Is that the real Panama Red? I have never actually seen a picture of it. That shits just a legend to me, it was way before my time. Your post got me all giddy, haha. That bean collection is amazing!
A friend i buy herb from sometimes who always gets elite strains had some panama red for me one time.. i was really excited when he told me about it considering i now the background on the strain. I'm not sure if i got the real panama red but what i got was nice. the flavors were very sublte kinda hazey metallic sweet and a bit of lemon. the high was energetic with a very relaxed felling after here are some pics.
Organic Panama Red

Organic Panama Red 2

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

I'm growing some Freisland and NL#5 originals from SSSC, Been growing those 2 strains outdoors in Quebec for 20 years almost, not my self some friends of mine. There are definitely some old time strains still going around. I know a guy growing NL#5 he's been growing the same cut since late 90's. His outdoor weed is some of the best smoke i've ever had 1 joint had me go lie back down in my bed for an hour smiling and laughing just thinking "wow what kinda incredible shit am i smoking, and this is outdoor lol?" good genetics and sungrown only til' later did i learn how amazing outdoor weed is.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Looks pretty damn righteous @CanadaSeeds . Sounds like you and your circle are workin' with some awesome old school dank! Kinda wish stuff like that was more readily available around here nowadays. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

Thx bro! well i was lucky to meet some cool people when i moved out here. 3 really popular stains in quebec are m-39, frielsand and northern lights. northern lights isn't grown much anymore it's sorta been cross breed or dropped by most growers for some kush or more fruity strains. The m-39 is low quality beasters but there's quality grown stuff to be found too. I have some friesland growing right now in flower, my clones died on me :s i'll have to reveg if i wanna do anything with her. Altho the nl#5 is what i'm much more interested in, it's bagseed from original sssc stock.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Bodhi is great, but for the best highs and genetics I've ever encountered, it's Snowhigh all the way. He's a real deal old school 60s hippie and a sweetheart who is unfortunately ill, but if you're looking for the goods:

SnowHigh Seeds

Black Star (Black Russian x Sensi Star x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Black Mamba (Vietnam Black x Black Congolese) NEW

Purple Pantera (Pink Panther x Grape Krush F2) NEW

Purple Pineapple Bomb( Pineapple Thai x Grape Krush F2) NEW

Dream Land (Pipe Dream x Thors Hammer x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani) NEW

Panama Gold (Pablo’s Gold x Pablo’s Gold red stemmed Panama Red and Colombian gold expressed male) NEW

Thors Hammer IX (An in cross of Thors Hammer males and females) Vortex (Apollo13xSpacequeen x Acapulco Gold x C99) Very nice visually and a highly resinous strain of moderate to huge sized colas which finish quickly for a sativa hybrid, very tasty. A great combination of connoisseur and commercial. NEW

Faded Glory (Blueberry Blast x OG Purple Fire Thai) NEW

September Poison Girl: Sensi Durban Poison (pink pistil) x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani NEW

Lavender Purple Pantera: Lavender #1 x Purple Pantera #4 male NEW

SuperNova (White Gold (Malawi Gold x White) x Acapulco Gold x C99) NEW

Blazing Pantera: Pink Snow x Purple Pantera #4 male NEW

Purple Eclipse: Super Nova x Purple Pantera #4 male NEW

Krop Killer: Chem Dog x Thors Hammer x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani NEW

Shock Wave: Electric Lemon OG x OG Purple Fire Thai NEW

Winter Green: Tahoe Snow #5 (Tahoe OG Kush x True Gangster Kush) x OG Purple Fire Thai (NorCal Fire OG Kush x Purple Thai x Neville’s Haze F3) NEW

Hell Fire OG: Grand Fire OG #3 x OG Purple Fire Thai NEW

Adamantium: Iron Cindy x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani NEW

Heroine: Herijuana x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani NEW

Purple Pantera Bx: (Pink Panther x Grape Krush F2) NEW

Arc Angel: Hells Angel #1 x OG Purple Fire Thai NEW

Chingona: Abusive OG x Pablo’s Gold x OG Purple Fire Thai NEW

Snow Mountain: SnowCap x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani NEW

Black Sunshine: (Black Maui x Vietnam Gold) NEW

Du Ma Vietnamese: (Vietnam Black #2 x Vietnam Gold) NEW

Sunshine: (Malawi Gold x Chronic x Angola Red x Thai x Purple Thai) NEW

Purple Heart: Romulan (One of the original Mendocino/NorCal cuts) x Vietnam Gold) NEW

Super Charger: (DTHFC99 F2 x Angola Red x Thai x Purple Thai) NEW

Blazing Dragon: (Maui Wowie 76 x Burmese) NEW

(Lambsbread x Panama Red) Landrace Heirloom hybrid NEW

Mexican Red Grapefruit: (Grapefruit Haze x Acapulco Gold x C99) NEW

Colombian Kush: (Colombian Gold x Green Pakistani x Acapulco Gold x C99) NEW

Magic Man: (Medicine Man x White Russian x Acapulco Gold x C99) NEW

Crystal Skull: (Choco Chiba x Metal Haze F2 x Angola Red) NEW

Golden Thai: (Gold King Thai (Golden Thai Stick) x Pablos Gold red stem male) NEW

Epic: (California Purple Haze x Thors Hammer x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani) NEW

Afghani Street Sweeper: (Abusive OG Kush x Thors Hammer x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani) NEW

Metal Dragon (Metal Haze F1 x Burmese) NEW

Royal Purple Thai (Angola Red x Meao Thai x Purple Thai x Big Sur Holy Weed x Purple Thai) Heirloom Landrace hybrid NEW

Royal Chocolate Thai (Chocolate Thai x C99 x Angola Red x Meao Thai x Purple Thai) NEW

Crazy Train (Nam Wreck x Vietnam Gold) Snows Crazy Train is a combination of Billy Goats Nam Wreck(Vietnam Black x E32 Trainwreck) x Vietnam Gold (Vietnam Black x G13Black Widow x Schrom) This is a no joke hybrid of high potency, great resin production and a myriad of colors, this strain will blast you into outer space or make you look for a hiding place to hide your mind from. A killer combination of South East Asian Vietnamese Black with degrees of Colombian Gold, potentially Korean genetics from the Romulan in the Schrom? Who knows for sure but this is a good yielding, highly resinous, moderately fast finishing for its genetic base in the equatorial regions but with plenty of purples and various colorations will please all looking for that intense high and something different but pleasing to the grower and smoker. NEW

Vietnamese Laughing Grass (Dalat-purple pheno x Black Congolese) NEW

Napalm Strike (Pablo’s Gold#14 x Vietnam Gold) NEW

Black Congolese IX #2 (Black Congolese x Double Congolese) Not very often will the chance be provided to the general public of an offering of pure landrace genetics without junking up the genetics with something else. This is a preservation in the works in line with several others in the hope to preserve and offer true heritage, heirloom and landrace genetics to the world. The Black Congolese in cross was made to preserve the central African cannabis genetics. NEW

Black Magic (Swazi Rooibard x Black Congolese) Landrace African strains from Central Africa and Southern Africa combine to offer you a true treat that is rarely offered as pure as this cross is. The 2 strains were sourced directly from Africa and never came from a seed bank but my other cannabis lovers. The Swazi produces large colas and colitas that are covered in shiny resin glands like glistening diamonds, the plants get large with bud sites and colas shooting everywhere in a upright fashion. The Congolese Black male comes indirectly from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and produces dense floral clusters for an equatorial cannabis strain. The result is a Pure African Landrace hybrid of some of the finest African genetics for yields and qualities without being tainted by modern cannabis genetics. A true cannabis strain for serious connoisseurs and lovers of great cannabis.NEW

Berserker (Skywalker OG x Thors Hammer) Skywalker OG is one of my favorite OG Kushes, it’s one of the closest cuts to what people know of as OG Kush, it’s one of the few strains that does the trick every time. It’s very potent, it’s got a great taste and aroma with descent yields for an OG Kush. The Skywalker OG can be finicky at times and won’t produce as well as it could so complimenting it with other strains can be useful to increase yields, rooting, branching without suffering a loss in its best attributes. Thors Hammer is a combination of Vortex (Apollo13xSpacequeen)x Acapulco Gold x C99. Thors Hammer produces large plants of spear like colas of easily trimmed, resinous and fast finishing flowers. Combined with the Skywalker OG, Berserker plants have become easier to grow, train and yield more but without compromising the potency.NEW

Goji Purple Fire Thai (Goji OG x OG Purple Fire Thai)NEW

Royal Purple (A very Purple Colombian Gold/Cheese/Panama Red hybrid x Vietnam Gold) This is a connoisseur purple strain of the highest order, the female produced some of the most dark purple resinous featherlike but dense floral clusters of Colombian and Panama Red leaning expressions. The male Vietnam Gold is (Vietnam Black x G13Black Widow x Schrom) which in its own right has immense color with purple dominating with hues of pink and red to golden highlights. The Vietnam Gold high is somewhat like a Lebanese Red hash with a soaring high reminiscent of Chocolate Thai. This is a Royal combination of genetics and will be released in small amounts but will be highly coveted by all who decided to partake in its metal and physical indulgence.NEW

Panama Black (Black Haze x Panama Red)NEW

Low-Key (Loki): (Magic Man x Thors Hammer x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani) The original Low-Key(Loki) was created as a breeding commercial strain(SnowHigh) but never released pure. The addition of the Pure Kush x Uzbekistani male will create larger roundish buds on the already large spear clusters of the original Low-Key mothers. The Low-Key is flavorful and potent with the aroma to match the great high. This is a real crowd pleaser for the grower and consumer.NEW

Congolese Red (Panama Red x Congolese Black) Not to be mistaken for the Red Congolese strain which is a multi-poly hybrid. This a pure equatorial heirloom hybrid using a long flowering but highly sought after Panama Red female with an equally rare and trippy equatorial African Congolese Black male. This is not to be missed, a true genetic gold mine for cannabis breeders, growers and connoisseurs, real cannabis genetics of origin.NEW

Burning Spear:(Ortega Haze x Black Congolese) Ortega Haze (Ortega Indica x Haze) A larger yielding haze dominant effect but with more body and faster flowering time. The Congolese Black is a landrace from Africa with a long flowering time, this hybrid is for patient growers who want something really special. NEW

Devils Tit (Durban Poison x Acapulco Gold x C99) most phenotypes are heavy to large yielders with a few smaller in structure. Most phenos are very potent with trippy qualities and racing waves of euphoria. Aromas range from Cherry Chap Stick to Strawberry Lemonade. Concentrates made from these flowers can be too potent for a majority of heads. NEW

Grimm Creeper (80’s Afghani x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani) This is a commercial growers dream cross of genetics that will produce outstanding yields of potent 80’s era type, killer green buds. NEW

Heart of Darkness: Narrow Leaf Afghani x Uzbekistani x Congolese Black (Landrace Heirloom Afghani/Uzbeki pollinated by a Congolese Black landrace male. Original and ultra-rare genetics of the highest quality for breeders and connoisseurs. These are not watered down genetics but the real thing made available and found nowhere else NEW

Blackberry Spacewreck (Black Russian x Arcata TW x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Blueberry Blast (Johnny Blaze x Blue Dream)

Deep Shit (Deep Cough x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Golden White Grapefruit (G.F. Haze x White Russian x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Holy Diver (Holy Chocolate Thai x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Thors Hammer (Vortex x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Pipe Dream (Blue Dream, Acapulco Gold x C99)

Super Massive Black Hole: (Super Nova x Vietnam Gold) Super Nova (Malawi Gold x White x Acapulco Gold x C99) x Vietnam Gold (Vietnam Black x G13Black Widow x Schrom(Romulan x Colombian Gold)) NEW

Purple Monkey Balls (Sputnik 1.0 F2 x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Purple Rose (96 Flo IX x Acapulco Gold x C99)

Quicksilver (Iron Cindy [Metal Haze x C99] x Acapulco Gold x C99)

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Just a subjective note for what it's worth. I've tried MANY landraces and smoked plenty of old school classics.

My experience has been that very few landraces are satisfying by themselves. Some are, but there's a reason Skunk has stuck around beyond cash cropping.

Just a week ago, I brought XJ-13, sweet tooth and AK-47 to my parents house. My mom smeled the XJ and said "smells like colombian!" and after smelling those three strains she said "this is the stuff we used to smoke in the 70s! Before all that stupid Chronic and Skunk stuff..."

I gave her Blue Romulan and GSC and to both she said "eww. This is the stupid shit that made me stop smoking"

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

R c clarkes book mj botany,advanced study has what you need in detail,how to bx,ix or outcross,selecting for traits whatever,whats the project?iv. Done some bxing but im not an expert,this book was real helpful,{still is helpful}good luck!76
That was solid advice thank you

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Just a subjective note for what it's worth. I've tried MANY landraces and smoked plenty of old school classics.

My experience has been that very few landraces are satisfying by themselves. Some are, but there's a reason Skunk has stuck around beyond cash cropping.

Just a week ago, I brought XJ-13, sweet tooth and AK-47 to my parents house. My mom smeled the XJ and said "smells like colombian!" and after smelling those three strains she said "this is the stuff we used to smoke in the 70s! Before all that stupid Chronic and Skunk stuff..."

I gave her Blue Romulan and GSC and to both she said "eww. This is the stupid shit that made me stop smoking"
I totally agree but this is what I need them for is doing some new cross for myself

hdwjunior

hdwjunior

speakin a g13 I have a g13kentucky millweed comin down Im anxious to let Gordon try
been workin with him for years trying to find that original knock out grassy tastin indica we all miss
but so far no luck but I got some strange ass smellin
grassy monsters maturing with a strange armpit funk this season that excites me
Well well I see some of you guys I

hdwjunior

hdwjunior

Thanks of dumpster (clone only ) not to many real cuts out there I have one been had it for years also the lemon g clone onlyunior, post: 1431936, member: 66245"]Well well I see some of you guys I[/QUOTE]
Pikvhh
Well well I see some of you guys I
You guys r I

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

I totally agree but this is what I need them for is doing some new cross for myself
Absolutely my dude! I have love for anyone working with plants longer than 10 weeks. I'm a long flowering guy myself just for my own medical needs and they're hard to find.

I totally support you on working with Landraces. I was only offering a bit of retrospect as I was on the preservation mission myself at one time.

Given that Sativas can be so hard to find, it's a fun adventure being on the lookout for anything that sounds strange or exotic. In my 20+ years of smoking regularly I've tried a wide spectrum and have been lucky enough to try some truly amazing varietals. However, despite how much I preach to shop owners and patients alike about the joy and truth about long flowering "Sativas", I have to admit that I've never had a Landrace strain REALLY knock my socks off. Example: Highland Oaxacan Gold. A friend just harvested this from some beans he got from his cousin in Oaxaca. Leafy buds with round calyxes hiding near the stem. The smoke took a minute to creep, but then all who tried it described feeling like they had a blindfold on (not headband-ish, better) and could hear water or air rushing in their ears. Other than that, there was no body, no high sensation, etc. and most (even I) would within a few minutes smoke something different to "round out" the high.

Anyway all that to say I've been let down by Landraces on their own before, but I'm 100% for people working with them and creating new hybrids.

Just PLEASE keep the flowering time up!!!!!! It's the ONLY thing that makes this plant stronger. It's already so hard to find long flowering strains and the only way to get them back is to re-acclimatize the strains in a place like Panama or Mexico.

Sorry for the rant, it's early and I just had my first cup of joe, but let me know if I can help, genetics-wise. I've grown a lot of landraces and can speak to certain effects that might help, but either way your head is in the right place!
Best of luck!!!

F

FooDoo

Ask who ever found this for seeds.

I think people are too stuck on the notion that there's something pure. Like someone prevously said, weeds prob been around since after the ice age, to.make it as long as it did, it has to cross and cross and cross thru wind pollination or what not.

Nothing is pure. If we would all stop trying to look into the past , we can focus on the future

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

good words my friend!! i have to agree the newer kush hybrid varieties are genetically flawed. I don't wanna get into detail and stuff but basically our breeding of the kush strains was wrong. The plant grows too much vegetative material on the flower sites, which translates to a bad smoke. The kush varieties are really vast, only some phenos of white fire, blueberry kush have i seen that were nice specimens. Sometimes when you look at kush close up the calyxes are all stuffed close together and theres like layers of vegetative material. If i'm seeing this in my plants i'm not happy. I don't know why growers have selected for this trait. Every time i smoke kush i get stoned not high, and i get heartburn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom