Is there anything else I need to run with Megacrop nutes?

• Thread starter jaypru369
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaypru369

jaypru369

Last grow mega crop in RDWC... How I miss this. Now in soil for a bit. This growth was nothing but mega crop and this is only veg growth not stretch. Had to go away and it got outa hand fast. My daughter who knows nothing about hydro or growing watched it while I was away. I say she did well lol. This was 3 weeks with nothing but mega crop. High light and some CO2.
haha yeah lil outta hand. well since ive seen you post everywhere on here, i need advice on lighting for my room. I was going to get a 200-300 led light from amazon but ive seen alot on this DIY lighting and its interesting if i can build a superior light for cheaper, i am very handy so im sure i would be able to accomplish building one, since im building my rdwc system

jaypru369

jaypru369

RO until here for $80. Just found it for another member the other day. You will need a ph and ppm meter.
I am getting those meters, is RO absolutely necessary? i see conflicting input on this but many external factors

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am getting those meters, is RO absolutely necessary? i see conflicting input on this but many external factors
Nope I ran those plants in tap water but not all tap water is equal so it's a real possibility in SoCal that you will need it or atleast a mix of tap and RO

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

dang, this is no nutes?
Nope just soil but yea I underfed them because my hydro ocd ass has a hard time knowing how much they are eating in soil because I can't just test the water. I wasn't testing run off but none the less that's a good indication of the growth differentiation between soil and hydro. Hydro can go off on ya in hurry if you don't stay on top of it. When shit goes wrong it goes wrong faster but is much easier to fix and understand what the plants are doing and want

jaypru369

jaypru369

Nope I ran those plants in tap water but not all tap water is equal so it's a real possibility in SoCal that you will need it or atleast a mix of tap and RO
i did consider a 50/50 split which would be doable

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i did consider a 50/50 split which would be doable
You need to test your tap water first to know. Do you have a local water report you can link. I can look at it to see how things look in terms of use. It will be slightly different at your tap but should be close

jaypru369

jaypru369

You need to test your tap water first to know. Do you have a local water report you can link. I can look at it to see how things look in terms of use. It will be slightly different at your tap but should be close
i believe this is it, if so than this is my direct city

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cheap lights bang for buck kingbright for led if you can afford the heat and the extra on the electric bill hid would be much cheaper up front. HPS or CMH would both be good also

jaypru369

jaypru369

Cheap lights bang for buck kingbright for led if you can afford the heat and the extra on the electric bill hid would be much cheaper up front. HPS or CMH would both be good also
out of these choices which option will provide the biggest yield?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Megacrop is great for soil and coco. DWC and NFT not so much. They use a cheap humic acid that falls out.

I would use a stir pump, which is a water pump just pumping in the bottom of the res if I were to use Megacrop in DWC again.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Megacrop is great for soil and coco. DWC and NFT not so much. They use a cheap humic acid that falls out.

I would use a stir pump, which is a water pump just pumping in the bottom of the res if I were to use Megacrop in DWC again.
Maybe that was an old formula? I find it does take a long time to dissolve. I usually mix and stir the nutes with water in a separate bucket then let it sit for 10 minutes before stirring again and topping off my dwc reservoirs. As long as I do that everything seems to mix in and the water in the reservoirs only looks a little cloudy from the microbes I use, nothing settling at the bottom. To be fair I also have enough air coming out my airstone to keep everything fairly mixed up too.

jaypru369

jaypru369

can i use an extra air stone in the res for this?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think that was V2 possibly also v3? I have V1 and that was never an issue for me. I know @Dirtbag I think had V2 and it did give him some issue with precipitate I believe when he tested it, which is why he never ended up using it

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I think that was V2 possibly also v3? I have V1 and that was never an issue for me. I know @Dirtbag I think had V2 and it did give him some issue with precipitate I believe when he tested it, which is why he never ended up using it

That's why if I'm using a premix I use Oasis (Jack's) Hydrofeed and Mr. Fulvic. Megacrop was too much of a pain in the ass to mess with.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's why if I'm using a premix I use Oasis (Jack's) Hydrofeed and Mr. Fulvic. Megacrop was too much of a pain in the ass to mess with.
I'm definitely switching to Jack after my v1 runs out brother. I love my V1 but I am concerned about V2 and V3. I have plenty left so prob be a few years. I wish they still had the V1 cause I absolutely love it. Many other did also but they had to fuck with it. I'm fine adding some cal/mag that it lacks if needed but with my tap I have been fortunate there. Now they fixed the cal/mag and fucked the rest up from what I hear

Top Bottom