Is there something wrong with this promix?

• Thread starter Dabward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabward

Dabward

I recently transplanted 2 Banana hazes from solo cups into these 1gal. 1 is coco loco the other is promix with nothing added and a half cup of expanding clay pebbles mixed into the soil. I transplanted and fed with 3ml of advanced nutrients connoisseur grow A+B 3ml of each. 1.5 ml of cal mag and great white sprinkled on roots at transplants. They were doing great. After clearly dry and sagging Watered with just RO water and calmag and the next day mainlined both as they looked very healthy and growing fast. They both recovered and looked good for 2 days and then this. The one in promix has these spots on the leaves that looks to me like I've overwatered.. BUT they were drooping and the soil sensor with the 2 long metal probes confirmed dryness. Ive been having similar problems with these other 2 that are also in this promix.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks dry af... when you have an issue like that you can expect to see the results of that issue from 2-7days later.

Plants take time to respond in showing deficiency so when you see one think back for a week of what may have happened.

It's not a right now thing.

Dabward

Dabward

Looks dry af... when you have an issue like that you can expect to see the results of that issue from 2-7days later.

Plants take time to respond in showing deficiency so when you see one think back for a week of what may have happened.

It's not a right now thing.
Dry as in the soil is dry? I have 2 other females In This promix and the last time I watered when they were at 3 I saw signs of over watering. So I'm trying to wait until they get down to 2.. or the leaves droop .. I fed at transplant with the 1ml per LT advanced recommends for cuttings and small plants with less than 5 sets of leaves. And they were fed from the same 1 gallon of mixed nuets so both got the same but only 1 shows the problem.. They were only at 4 nodes when transplanted.. Do you think those spots are a deficiency? IF they are that would explain a lot. If I'm trying to treat a deficiency as over watering .. Would explain why even after a good dry cycle I still see spots after watering on my other 2 fems..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Dry as in the soil is dry? I have 2 other females In This promix and the last time I watered when they were at 3 I saw signs of over watering. So I'm trying to wait until they get down to 2.. or the leaves droop .. I fed at transplant with the 1ml per LT advanced recommends for cuttings and small plants with less than 5 sets of leaves. And they were fed from the same 1 gallon of mixed nuets so both got the same but only 1 shows the problem.. They were only at 4 nodes when transplanted.. Do you think those spots are a deficiency? IF they are that would explain a lot. If I'm trying to treat a deficiency as over watering .. Would explain why even after a good dry cycle I still see spots after watering on my other 2 fems..
I use Promix regularly at 78f my 3 gallon pots dry out in 3-4 day - 5 gallon every 4-5 days. Lifting the pot and feeling the weight is the only way I can gauge their watering needs. Water until saturated then lift the pot, you should be able to judge when the plant is dry by how light it is. I lift and 1/4 turn all my plants every day.

Dabward

Dabward

I use Promix regularly at 78f my 3 gallon pots dry out in 3-4 day - 5 gallon every 4-5 days. Lifting the pot and feeling the weight is the only way I can gauge their watering needs. Water until saturated then lift the pot, you should be able to judge when the plant is dry by how light it is. I lift and 1/4 turn all my plants every day.
I've been checking that way too. Lifting.. I have some autos in 3 gal air pots also in promix flx with nothing added. Im waiting 5 days between watering typically. 1 gallon of water adds 8lbs its a noticeable difference.. I do water with the full gallon. In the 3 gal. Im wondering if it is a deficiency.. since promx has no added nutrients.and coco loco does and looks better. That would follow that logic.. EDIT those gauges take a min to adjust. The one in coco loco is down to a 1 on the gauge and noticeably lighter and the other is clearly heavier and still at a 3.. and it has been 4 days since their last watering..

growsince79

growsince79

Looks like light and heat damage from letting the pots dry too much maybe. The coco loco mix may hold more water. I have that same meter and would never let it dry to 1.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like light and heat damage from letting the pots dry too much maybe. The coco loco mix may hold more water. I have that same meter and would never let it dry to 1.
This ^^^

OP once the bottom is close to dry it needs watered.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your meter is placed properly but it's important to know when the saturation zone hits dry you need to water.... here is a thread that makes it simple. Because you have you meter correct you don't need to place it in the side. Many ppl place them wrong and in that case this thread is a great way to ensure proper readings.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I've been checking that way too. Lifting.. I have some autos in 3 gal air pots also in promix flx with nothing added. Im waiting 5 days between watering typically. 1 gallon of water adds 8lbs its a noticeable difference.. I do water with the full gallon. In the 3 gal. Im wondering if it is a deficiency.. since promx has no added nutrients.and coco loco does and looks better. That would follow that logic.. EDIT those gauges take a min to adjust. The one in coco loco is down to a 1 on the gauge and noticeably lighter and the other is clearly heavier and still at a 3.. and it has been 4 days since their last watering..

Just so you know drooping plants is the last stage before dead, Like Aqua said don't let them droop

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

ProMix is not food, it's soil, but not living. It needs amendments if you want it to feed your plants.
Otherwise, keep feeding as you are, cut your feed amounts in half.

Moshmen

Moshmen

ProMix is not food, it's soil, but not living. It needs amendments if you want it to feed your plants.
Otherwise, keep feeding as you are, cut your feed amounts in half.
So I don’t think the op mentioned what type of promix he’s running if HP then yeah light feeds after 1/2 weeks but if it’s BX it has enuff nutes for 5/6 weeks IMO

I also feel like I treat the ph a little like a soilless mix- Wright or wrong that’s how I feel. only been using promix a couple years though

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you thinking hydro I will suggest after growing hydro (which is my comfort zone because I understand it well imo), sunshine #4 which is pretty much the same as promix HP, and coco.

Coco has been the simplest to grow in and you can get some crazy growth rates almost the same as hydro but more forgiving.

But like anything don't just go out by it and expect it to be just slap a plant in and be good.... do you research and ask questions. There are even different ways of growing in coco so understand your media before using it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

If you thinking hydro I will suggest after growing hydro (which is my comfort zone because I understand it well imo), sunshine #4 which is pretty much the same as promix HP, and coco.

Coco has been the simplest to grow in and you can get some crazy growth rates almost the same as hydro but more forgiving.

But like anything don't just go out by it and expect it to be just slap a plant in and be good.... do you research and ask questions. There are even different ways of growing in coco so understand your media before using it.
I been thinking bout those Hugo blocks DB is using ? What u think about those ? Sure are clean - no bugs i thinkin

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I been thinking bout those Hugo blocks DB is using ? What u think about those ? Sure are clean - no bugs i thinkin
The only reason I didn't mention them is I haven't used em yet. I would say likely very similar to coco... just need to be a bit more careful of over watering when the plants are young.... but thats just a guess as I have no experience in it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The only reason I didn't mention them is I haven't used em yet. I would say likely very similar to coco... just need to be a bit more careful of over watering when the plants are young.... but thats just a guess as I have no experience in it.
Just gettin tired of how dirty the dirt is ! Lmao time for a change I have 1 more bale to go thru so prolly another 6 months or so and I’m gonna try something different

Top Bottom