Is this a bug issue or plant issue?

• Thread starter Aletardo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aletardo

Aletardo

So, I've been seeing these spots appear on my leaves. I've already taken off 2 branches because these parts end up dead not long after they show. I have not seen any bugs on or around the plant but im just lost on what could be doing this.

Is this a bug issue or plant issue
Is this a bug issue or plant issue 2
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like some form of leaf miner. Hard to tell. Can you get a close up on just one or two spots?

2Bad

2Bad

Make sure you actually see bugs before taking drastic measures

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Preventative treatment for fungus and for insects is not going overboard. If no insects at the moment still treat. They tend to attack weakened plants. Same with preventative for powdery mildew etc.

An ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure.

2Bad

2Bad

Soft bodied pests. Give em the old safers 3 in 1 shower.
Preventative treatment for fungus and for insects is not going overboard. If no insects at the moment still treat. They tend to attack weakened plants. Same with preventative for powdery mildew etc.

An ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure.
Depends what you do. I had the same issue when I started and sprayed the safers and it burned my plants and set em back a week or so.

Ponky

Ponky

Also make sure you're using correct watering practices. Spot watering kills the root zone. There's a thread here somewhere on it.

2Bad

2Bad

Now that I’m thinking about it I also had light stress on my plants. This is the plant in particular though holes in the leaves. So I’m guessing the light was too strong. Ok I change my mind safers is probably a safe bet as long as you understand your light source.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Depends what you do. I had the same issue when I started and sprayed the safers and it burned my plants and set em back a week or so.
I use Botanigard for pests. Nuke Em to treat active powdery mildew. Baking soda and laundry soap as PM preventative.

Botanigard once a week as a preventative for bugs. 1/4 teaspoon in a 1 liter spray bottle of water. It’s certified organic for use on food and fruit crops up to the day of harvest. Harmless to humans and animals. Rinse your chopped plants before hanging to dry.

2Bad

2Bad

Here’s the pic. So I changed my mind safers 3 in 1 is safe as long as your light is far enough away and you understand the light stress situation

3C22FA2A C8B3 4A91 B0FF 0B1EEE73D1AB
CF15685F 537A 4D1F A653 E24E5181EB02
Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

I swear the plants like safers. They seem to respond well to the Sulphur. And it's the best way to add Sulphur without having to use a burner.

2Bad

2Bad

@Ponky I missed the part where he said the branches are dying and hes cutting them off...

Top Bottom