Is this a cal/mag deficiency??

• Thread starter Komonsense
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Komonsense

So I transplanted to my final pot 5 gall and I didn’t add dolomite lime this time when I had been adding it to my mix before. I’m growing in coco/EWC/pearlite. I wanted to keep the ph a little lower and thought the calcium and magnesium in earthworm castings possibly had enough calcium and magnesium in them but that’s not seeming the case. To me this looks like early signs of cal/mag def it’s more prevalent on the lower leaves then the top. What does anyone think ?

Is this a calmag deficiency
Is this a calmag deficiency 2
K

Komonsense

That's a slight magnesium deficiency. It is not a calcium deficiency.
It kind of just sprang up overnight and is getting worse it seems. I’m growing in coco mix with organic dry amendments any suggestions on a fix ? Epsom salts ? I have dolomite lime I could top dress with but would take a little to become readily available

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It kind of just sprang up overnight and is getting worse it seems. I’m growing in coco mix with organic dry amendments any suggestions on a fix ? Epsom salts ? I have dolomite lime I could top dress with but would take a little to become readily available
Dolomite is for adjusting pH, with side benefits of providing Ca and Mg. But if you don't want to change the pH, don't use it.

Yes, I'd use epsom salts. Try 5 ml (1 tsp) per gallon. I have nothing against cal/mag — I use it. But too much Ca leads to problems.

K

Komonsense

Dolomite is for adjusting pH, with side benefits of providing Ca and Mg. But if you don't want to change the pH, don't use it.

Yes, I'd use epsom salts. Try 5 ml (1 tsp) per gallon. I have nothing against cal/mag — I use it. But too much Ca leads to problems.
Ph shouldnt be to bad my microbe life is well enough where ph stabilizes fast one of my leaves seemed to be the start of a Ca def little brown spots but yeah I get what your saying I def don’t want too much Ca

C27DCF12 0BC3 4AD4 9104 45EEBDA067D7

Latest posts

Top Bottom