Is this a cal-mag deficiency?

• Thread starter andy107
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

andy107

Hey all, just wondering if this is the result of a cal-mag deficiency? Any input is appreciated. Here are a couple pictures, thanks again.

Is this a cal mag deficiency
Is this a cal mag deficiency 2
lazarus718

lazarus718

Can't tell you without knowing what else is being used in the grow?!?!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

What is your nutrient regimen? It looks to me more like a root issue, although a Mg def will manifest similarly to your photo. The curled leaves above indicate too much N- they've got "the claw". Just going off the photos, I'd say if it IS MG def, it's because there are too many other nutrients in the plant, locking it out. Is your pH on point? Do you have an abundance of fungus gnats?

A

andy107

Sorry guys, forgot to fill you in on everything..this girl has been in FFOF soil for a little over 30 days..mixed my first batch of nutes to strong (fox farm Big bloom). Gave a good flush once i seen the clawing and yellow leaves. after i flushed her i started nutes again..but switched to general organics bio thrive bloom. Fed once with that and then this started. my ph is 6.5 btw.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I'm with altitude on this one probably backlash from over feeding. I'd give em some water for awhile. Hey Lazarus what u doin with a picture of my woman as your avatar.

Venom818

Venom818

Sorry guys, forgot to fill you in on everything..this girl has been in FFOF soil for a little over 30 days..mixed my first batch of nutes to strong (fox farm Big bloom). Gave a good flush once i seen the clawing and yellow leaves. after i flushed her i started nutes again..but switched to general organics bio thrive bloom. Fed once with that and then this started. my ph is 6.5 btw.

if i had to guess i would say to much nutes thus the clawing and the yellow burned leaf is from to much water

A

andy107

So no more nutes then? just water? how often should i feed with nutes btw? the back of the bottle says for every watering use 2 teaspoons per gallon. This may be my problem though cus they drink alot of water as im watering every 4 days or so..maybe nutes the first water then just water the next..any thoughts?

marski420

marski420

Whoa.. You been feeding EVERY time up until now? Some people do feed, water, water, repeat. Some people feed, water, feed, water, repeat. Some people also feed, feed, water, repeat. Straight feeding I dont hear much of

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

The clawing of the upper leaves is too much Nitrogen. The upwards curling is actually a potassium deficiency and the red/purple hues on the leaf are Phosphorus deficiency. You gave em too much N which locked out the P and K. Phosphorus is rather mobile, but Potassium is more immobile and takes a long time for the plant to absorb and use. Feeding extra P and K now won't do much, unfortunately. FFOF is already kind of rich soil. You can probably go a few days/weeks with just watering. When you do go back to feeding, avoid any products with any nitrogen, such as CalMag, etc.. You should be able to just finish em off from this stage of bloom with just feeding water, so the buds won't be too harsh when you smoke em.

A

andy107

Whoa.. You been feeding EVERY time up until now? Some people do feed, water, water, repeat. Some people feed, water, feed, water, repeat. Some people also feed, feed, water, repeat. Straight feeding I dont hear much of

"For light feeding use 2 teaspoons per gallon every watering" ..thats right off the label of my nutes..so when i started to use them yea, thats what i did lol.

A

andy107

The clawing of the upper leaves is too much Nitrogen. The upwards curling is actually a potassium deficiency and the red/purple hues on the leaf are Phosphorus deficiency. You gave em too much N which locked out the P and K. Phosphorus is rather mobile, but Potassium is more immobile and takes a long time for the plant to absorb and use. Feeding extra P and K now won't do much, unfortunately. FFOF is already kind of rich soil. You can probably go a few days/weeks with just watering. When you do go back to feeding, avoid any products with any nitrogen, such as CalMag, etc.. You should be able to just finish em off from this stage of bloom with just feeding water, so the buds won't be too harsh when you smoke em.

Their on day 39 of flower..so your sayin they can go the next 20-30 days without any nutrients at all?

B

bigAl25

Per the information I gleaned from here, most feeding should be started at 1/2 strength from the recommended doses. Fox farm states to feed every other watering, and if the soil already has nutes in it, look at bag for nute strength, adding more only causes trouble per previous advice. This grow I started at 1/2 strength and did not feed until 6 weeks veg had passed. I too overfed and caused claw on my strawberry bubba kush last grow. Read, live and learn. Good luck, hope the plants survive.

M

MMJInsiders

Green Mopho hit the nail on the head. It's lockout, no doubt. I would transplant into a mix of 50/50 FF OF and LW. Give them a bit, wait for proper new growth, then if needed, re-nute. Never trust the bottles!

S

SSHZ

What's for sure is FF soil is known to be "hot"- which means readily available and a high concentration of ferts. Normally, one would not have to fertilize often, if at all for a while. If you are fertilizing every watering, that's obviously too much. So, flush heavily with a very mild fertilizer solution or plain water. Then continue with a lighter fertilizing schedule less often. Most things won't return to normal but new growth should be fine. I remove the leaves that look the worse so I don't get depressed each time I'm in the room too. LOL

A

andy107

How about these?

Here are two grape apes i got as clones. They have been in FFOF soil for around 2 months now. Im using tap water from a well (live in the country) that i ph adjust to 6.5.

I started them on General organics grow nutes 2 weeks ago. 2ml per gal, ph 6.5. They were fed, then plain water and fed again. It has been 4 days since they were last fed.

Pictures do better explaining than i can so here they are lol.

P2200629
P2200628
P2200627
P2200626
P2200625
P2200623
P2200620
justiceman

justiceman

Fox farms is pretty hot. I'd back off on the feeding for a little while. I'd keep giving her just plain water for the next few "watering" times as she seems to be on the verge of nutrient burn.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
ph, burn, lockout.. If it were me, I would switch your nutes to Age Old Organics. They have a bloom, grow, and kelp.. Can sub any kelp in place for theirs, but their bloom and grow are great.. They kick arse and simple to use. Plants love it and great for carefree gardening.

I would transplant your babies into a larger sized pot w fresh FFOF and give them Superthrive, 1/4 teaspn/gal of Age Old kelp & grow. Back the lights off a bit from them to recover better and watch the plants to turn dark green and love ya..

I use FFOF and Age Old with stellar results. I grow 4 ft trees w it and they are lush and thick, green, and never turn yellow and F me over.. Just mix and water, no adjusting ph, no worries, no stress. You can mix it hot and plants won't be too pissed.. Infact, it's hard to burn plants w Age Old... I do use Magi-Cal or some calmag product, organic or syn, never much just here and there to give more calmag to the babies when they need. I cannot tell ya how many people I've turned on to Age Old Organics.. I also use GH flora series Lucas/Rez recipe in coco/SS#4 with stellar results as well, but GH is much more complicated whether it's their organic line or synthetic. I would only use GH's Flora synthetic line w soilless/dro/, and Age Old w FFOF. :harvest: .02

Here's my Sour Queen bush 17 days into flowering. It's a 4 x 4 ft bush, Age old grown and no issues what so ever.. It's grown in a 15 gal pot under a 1000 w hps w FFOF. Seeing is believing.. :harvest:

IMG 1882
L

lil miss lone

Okay, I'll try again. Any pest activity in the room Andy?

Top Bottom