Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium I assume I just found?

• Thread starter HomegrownOhighO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HomegrownOhighO

Hello, it's been a while. Up until this point my second run was going ok. I'm not experiencing hardly any deficiencies this go around. The run right now is banana purple punch autos from fast buds in hp promix with Gaia Green initial amendments, all purpose and bloom at a 70/30 ratio, 3 tbsp per gallon, 5 gallon pots. Naturally sourced spring water with silica (stopped at flower), calmag, and pH'd to 6.5. Recharge once a week. Sitting on AC infinity self watering stands. 200w Vivosun light at 24" 83% intensity, 500-550 ppfd, 40-50 DLI. 24/0 light cycle. Temps at 74, RH at 58-60%. The one in the back left is where I found the growth, I do not see it anywhere else on the plant but the leaves that are necrotic are directly connected to the affected stem. Is the risk of infecting the other plants worth trying to save that one? The plant on the left has minimal signs of mold or deficiencies except the spotted leaf picture and it's just that leaf and maybe a few others. I know they are stunted due to late transplant. The back two are the same age and are at week 9. The foremost plant is roughly 5 weeks old and I transplanted and trained that one better than I thought possible. I am doing my best to defoliate as little as possible due to my virgin run. The younger plant has now caught up to the other two and just starting preflower this week. I am excited about her, absolutely zero signs of deficiencies. I did treat the mold with a splash of H202 but what would you all recommend in my case?

Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 2
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 3
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 4
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 5
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 6
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 7
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 8
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 9
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 10
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 11
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 12
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 13
Is this a deficiency or due to the mold or mycelium i assume i just found 14
Z

Zill

Home,

You got two things going on.

1) That fuzzy white stuff at the soil line is a saprophytic slime mold. Harmless;
2) it looks like like you’ve got really nice rust fungus lesions on a few leaves. If the spores easily wipe off with white tissue - it’s a rust. Remove the affected leaves.

Z.

H

HomegrownOhighO

Home,

You got two things going on.

1) That fuzzy white stuff at the soil line is a saprophytic slime mold. Harmless;
2) it looks like like you’ve got really nice rust fungus lesions on a few leaves. If the spores easily wipe off with white tissue - it’s a rust. Remove the affected leaves.

Z.
Are you talking about the leaves that look to be dying or the spotted ones on the non moldy plant?

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Hello, it's been a while. Up until this point my second run was going ok. I'm not experiencing hardly any deficiencies this go around. The run right now is banana purple punch autos from fast buds in hp promix with Gaia Green initial amendments, all purpose and bloom at a 70/30 ratio, 3 tbsp per gallon, 5 gallon pots. Naturally sourced spring water with silica (stopped at flower), calmag, and pH'd to 6.5. Recharge once a week. Sitting on AC infinity self watering stands. 200w Vivosun light at 24" 83% intensity, 500-550 ppfd, 40-50 DLI. 24/0 light cycle. Temps at 74, RH at 58-60%. The one in the back left is where I found the growth, I do not see it anywhere else on the plant but the leaves that are necrotic are directly connected to the affected stem. Is the risk of infecting the other plants worth trying to save that one? The plant on the left has minimal signs of mold or deficiencies except the spotted leaf picture and it's just that leaf and maybe a few others. I know they are stunted due to late transplant. The back two are the same age and are at week 9. The foremost plant is roughly 5 weeks old and I transplanted and trained that one better than I thought possible. I am doing my best to defoliate as little as possible due to my virgin run. The younger plant has now caught up to the other two and just starting preflower this week. I am excited about her, absolutely zero signs of deficiencies. I did treat the mold with a splash of H202 but what would you all recommend in my case?
>Sitting on AC infinity self watering stands

If you're growing 'shrooms in your pot plants your media is too wet friend, you might want to consider your automatic waterer for starters.

H

HomegrownOhighO

Beachbumm, just so I'm clear you believe this is a deficiency and not rust? I did just start adding terp enhancer from tps, which to my knowledge is just a heavy potassium dose. I was a little off on my timing of top dressing but the Gaia should be available any day now.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Beachbumm, just so I'm clear you believe this is a deficiency and not rust? I did just start adding terp enhancer from tps, which to my knowledge is just a heavy potassium dose. I was a little off on my timing of top dressing but the Gaia should be available any day now.
That's my initial impression via the appearance, as it is very similar to the appearance in the picture

If that were my plant I would search that deficiency, read info and look at images and & make my own determination cuz you know your grow best.

The self-watering system is causing the problems (too wet) recommend correcting it.

Z

Zill

Home,

It’s a rust fungus making those lesions. Do yourself a favor, and at least cull the leaves with lesions.

H

HomegrownOhighO

That's my initial impression via the appearance, as it is very similar to the appearance in the picture

If that were my plant I would search that deficiency, read info and look at images and & make my own determination cuz you know your grow best.

The self-watering system is causing the problems (too wet) recommend correcting it.
So, I originally put two wicking lines on each auto pot, I fixed this today. Took it down to one wicking line. I also nixed that entire branch from the main stalk where the mold showed up to begin with, it was weak and behind the rest of the plant anyway, which included the leaves with the lesions. I want to at least try the auto pots with one wicking line because I am impressed with the growth and vigor since I implemented the auto pots. However, I do agree that they were wicking up way too much water too quickly. I also added another fan to my tent to improve air flow. I am struggling to keep my RH down due to the wet pots. I'm at 63% right now but should go down as the pots dry out some.

Top Bottom