Is this a female or a hermaphrodite?

• Thread starter Juggernut23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Juggernut23

Juggernut23

Hey everyone. My baby Jamaican pearl is showing me some preflowers. She’s a bag seed, I know there’s a higher chance they turn out hermies. Thoughts?? Added different angles. Thanks!

Is this a female or a hermaphrodite
Is this a female or a hermaphrodite 2
Is this a female or a hermaphrodite 3
Is this a female or a hermaphrodite 4
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I agree with the others, but in the last pic, that ball at the base of the branch: Does it have a pistil sticking out of it? Is it actually more cone-shaped?

When a pistil is sticking out (white thread), that pretty much settles its femaleness. Female preflowers are also usually cone shaped, and are mostly smooth, without lines, flaps, scale structures, etc. Sometimes you get round ones, though.

Juggernut23

Juggernut23

I agree with the others, but in the last pic, that ball at the base of the branch: Does it have a pistil sticking out of it? Is it actually more cone-shaped?

When a pistil is sticking out (white thread), that pretty much settles its femaleness. Female preflowers are also usually cone shaped, and are mostly smooth, without lines, flaps, scale structures, etc. Sometimes you get round ones, though.
Yeah that’s a pistil sticking out of it, hard to see from the angle. more cone-shaped than round

Top Bottom