is this a good find or a waste?

• Thread starter DroMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DroMan

today i was in my local walgreens and just happened to walk down an isle that had water pitchers and all that good stuff..i notice a box with a water test meter on it, i snatched the box up and it gave a closer in spection. after a little reading i was seeing that it was a TDS (ppm) whatver you wanna call it. by this time i was trying to hold myself back from being excited as a little kid. i look beside the box and there were JUST the testers in packages for 14.99usd...which everyone knows they range from 30- a few hundred. anyone think this is a good deal or should i just save my money? this is the link to the place, it says 30 bucks on the website but i assure you all i got it for 14.99 at walgreens

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

Well I don't have any info on that brand what so ever, but I dont think you can go wrong with a $14.99 TDS meter.

It may not hold up very well, but it is something that certainly is worth a shot.

Looks like its a pretty good find, so I would say grab one.

:cool:

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Hell yeah $14.99, for some one on a buget just starting out its perfect. I'm gonna go tommorrow to see if my local walgreens has one, not bad for a back up tds meter. Thanks for posting Droman, Holla-JG

D

DroMan

i've been trying to figre out the ppm, the packageing says it pre calibrated to 325. from what i've read online that means that when it's on 0 its really on 325....so if it reads 780 it's really 1105. im not really sure if this is right but it's what i understand to be right. if it's wrong then my ppms are only around 500. i've still got alot of searching for estimates of ppm for diff stages and seed making

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Please correct me if I am wrong, anyone. I think the 325 calibration means when you go to calibrate in the future , you need to purchase a premade solution of 325 ppms to calibrate it correctly. You dip the electrode in the 325ppm solution and check what the meter reads and adjust the meter with the little screwdriver until it reads 325ppms. RB

Top Bottom