Is This A Lady Bug

• Thread starter Mifarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mifarmer

Mifarmer

I have a larger than normal amount of lady bugs this year in my Michigan outdoor grow. I know that can be helpful to a certain extent since they eat other pests. Now I see these? Is that a lady bug?

Is this a lady bug
Mifarmer

Mifarmer

I have a larger than normal amount of lady bugs this year in my Michigan outdoor grow. I know that can be helpful to a certain extent since they eat other pests. Now I see these? Is that a lady bug?
Think i figured it out. Although i have never seen the eggs I have seen the three other cycles. That picture i took is similar to the 3rd pic below, so i think it is a lady bug right before the adult stage.
LadybugLifecycle2

PurpleLurple

PurpleLurple

I’ll be darned. Didn’t even know they had different stages, but I have seen the stage after eggs before and didn’t know they were ladybugs. I don’t ever recall seeing that 3rd stage before. Thanks for the pics and info!

Mifarmer

Mifarmer

I’ll be darned. Didn’t even know they had different stages, but I have seen the stage after eggs before and didn’t know they were ladybugs. I don’t ever recall seeing that 3rd stage before. Thanks for the pics and info!
Growing pot is a learning experience. If you zoom into the pic I took you can actually see what we normally know as looking like a lady bug through the pupa shell. Once they shed that shell, it becomes an adult lady bug.
Sucks, cuz i have ended up killing both some of the larvae and pupae before I figured it out.

Top Bottom