Is this a MALE flower???

• Thread starter mpjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpjm

hey all,

Kinda freaking out a little. This is the first time i've flowered anything so if this is noob sorry...just wondering if this is a male flower. there are a few of these on the same plant (rocklock) and another (rocklock), which has me hoping maybe this is just something that happens.

pic is from 2 hours ago and they are on day 45...

If they are (which I'm thinking they are) what should I do about this???

Is this a male flower
Is this a male flower 2
L

Lost

Looks like a nanner popping out the top. MAy or may not be sterile. I have a strain where the male flowers are sterile.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
hard to tell under the light for sure. but it looks like a banana to me what u can do is pluck it off before it opens. just keep and eye on them since your at 45 days your almost done i would let them finish. are all the plants on the same time frame like all should be done in about 2 weeks?

M

mpjm

Looks like a nanner popping out the top. MAy or may not be sterile. I have a strain where the male flowers are sterile.

so that's a possible yes? wondering if I should be plucking/cutting these out? they are on dark time now but just wondering what my plan of action should be when the lights go on...

this is the 1st day I noticed them I was in briefly yesterday so it's possible I didn't give them a proper look over and it started yesterday, but other than that this is the first sign...

M

mpjm

hard to tell under the light for sure. but it looks like a banana to me what u can do is pluck it off before it opens. just keep and eye on them since your at 45 days your almost done i would let them finish. are all the plants on the same time frame like all should be done in about 2 weeks?

yes, they all should be finishing in 2 weeks...with one possible (super lemon haze) going a touch longer...

I

ibTheMan

plug that shit off there, and where ever you see some, but b careful if there ripe.

B

BUDOGHI

that is the male banana if only a few pick them off with tweezers if you have other plants in the grow you don't want pollinated with hermie pollen get rid of the plant

M

mpjm

plug that shit off there, and where ever you see some, but b careful if there ripe.

the above picture is from the most noticeable...so I should be cutting everything that looks like these little fuckers out when the lights go on???

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yes just pluck them out with tweezers. are you getting a light leak some how. or interupting the dark cycle? if you are or did this, that is what is probaly the cause.

M

mpjm

yes just pluck them out with tweezers. are you getting a light leak some how. or interupting the dark cycle? if you are or did this, that is what is probaly the cause.

ok I was wondering...a light leak shouldn't be possible, but it's very possible I accidentally let light in about a week ago...had a complete medicated moment and forgot what time it was...no direct light just a quick flash from my flashlight on my phone before I said "OH FUCK!!! GET OUT NOW!"

M

mpjm

just thought of this...I also just had a random knat problem and sprayed (three days ago) with ed rosenthal's zero tolerance. this couldn't have anything to do with that would it? I figured the light thing might be it becasue it seems to only be on a few tops. Thoughts?

420Gator

420Gator

Hey bro Sry I said nothing was wrong I'm on my phone and it looked ok to me

Good luck with everything. I doubt your phone would've done it

M

mpjm

Hey bro Sry I said nothing was wrong I'm on my phone and it looked ok to me

Good luck with everything. I doubt your phone would've done it

no problem what-so-ever...I sure did get some false hope though when it was the first response...lol

so question to everyone...

AM i just eff'd? I mean I'm going to pluck them but what do I need to be looking for after the fact? I really need these meds and don't/can't lose this crop (5 total flowering) so be brutally honest. what do I do and is this salvagable?

Thanks farm :worried

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yes its salvageable. worse case scenario you end up with a few beans. just pluck all the nanners u see. its less then 2 weeks away once u see the male stamen(banana) it takes at least 5 days for that to be able to open and drop pollen then it will take another 10 days- 2 weeks before you even see seeds start to from. and by that time you will have chopped. just watch them and pluck what u see.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Turn off fans

You want to turn your fans off before plucking those, don't accidentally want to spread any pollen

mal

Top Bottom