Is this a N deficiency?

• Thread starter Severance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Severance

Severance

Hi Farmers, this is my 2nd very small indoor grow, think I may have a N deficiency from looking at pics online. So I watered with 6-2-6 nutrient about 36 hours ago, then 12 hours ago foliar sprayed with liquid guano 10-10-2.

While I'm waiting to see what happens, am putting a few pics up to see if I'm on the right track?

Is this a n deficiency
Is this a n deficiency 3
Is this a n deficiency 2
Is this a n deficiency 4

2 clones from different moms, plant on right much less affected. Transplanted 24 days ago into 2 fabric containers with ~20 litres of Canna Terra Professional each.
Plants are low, topped, LST to keep plants fitting in low height space (total 1.2m).

Grow space is about 4.5 square feet. Light is LED, 130w Migro Aray 2, between 6" to 10" (manufacturer recommends 6" to 8") above plants @ 60% brightness.

Water is rainwater, soft, pH around 4.8 to 5.4 - I add a small amount of calmag, and pH up to 5.8 to 6.2 (as per Canna Terra Pro) with a few drops of liquid seaweed extract.
In the first week after transplanting, they got H&G Roots Excellerator 3 times.
The next 2 weeks they got water, also 1/2 to 3/4 strength seaweed extract a couple times - pH of this had to be adjusted down, used about .5ml (per litre) of 6-2-6 liquid nute to do so. I wasn't really feeding them for the first few weeks as I'd just plugged them into fresh potting mix.

Relative humidity 55 -65%
Temp ranging around 20 to 24'c (68 to 75'f)

No insect activity evident.
My past growing experience is all outdoor, and involved surreptitious bush walks. Indoor is new to me.

Severance

Severance

Ah, ok. Just raised the light up. Will stop throwing N at them now, and see how it goes.

Thank you!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Ah, ok. Just raised the light up. Will stop throwing N at them now, and see how it goes.

Thank you!
I also think 68 degrees is way to cold. Don’t be afraid to raise those temps a bit. You might see an explosion of growth if you tick that up to about 78-82ish during lights on. Happy grows.

Severance

Severance

I also think 68 degrees is way to cold. Don’t be afraid to raise those temps a bit. You might see an explosion of growth if you tick that up to about 78-82ish during lights on. Happy grows.
Thanks, I'll look at how I might best do that.
It's winter here and I recently put an 18w heat mat vertically, sandwiched between the 2 rectangular fabric containers (can just see it in the pic) to help. Gives the medium a bit of warmth, but yeah the space could do with a bit more.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks, I'll look at how I might best do that.
It's winter here and I recently put an 18w heat mat vertically, sandwiched between the 2 rectangular fabric containers (can just see it in the pic) to help. Gives the medium a bit of warmth, but yeah the space could do with a bit more.
Nice. I’m all for working with what we got haha.. something I saw that I thought I’d bring to your attention. Happy grows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom