Is This A Nitrogen Deficiency?

• Thread starter Soze420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The light shouldn't change anything other than possible light bleaching, although this usually happens only on the leaves closest to the lights, not bottom leaves. It does almost sound like a Nitrogen deficiency, since they usually start on the bottom fan leaves. Leaves also sometimes act funny when they either change from getting no light to full light, or full light to weak light. I find it best to give a week between changes before I worry too much, some plants are sensitive to changes in light and conditions, and some are like cockroaches that will live thru anything.
Since things seem to be improving somewhat, I would let them go to see if they grow out of their current problem. FWIW, the day after I feed my plants (I don't feed them everyday like some methods) I see a bright green splash of color, which is the new leaves growing. Within a day or two, the color should darken and only new growth should be the bright green color. I think you are on the right track.
Having a Nitrogen deficiency appear suddenly like that is unusual. Improved lighting will result in faster growth, but I don't think you would see it so quickly. While I'm not one for chasing Ph, it would be worth a check to make sure that you aren't seeing nutrient lockout...but I think the problem is just shock from transplanting and changes in lighting.

C

commycharb

if it's just the lower leafs then I wouldn't worry too much. Show some pics of the top. If it's there then yes start with the ph and go from there.

S

Skipo

The light shouldn't change anything other than possible light bleaching, although this usually happens only on the leaves closest to the lights, not bottom leaves. It does almost sound like a Nitrogen deficiency, since they usually start on the bottom fan leaves. Leaves also sometimes act funny when they either change from getting no light to full light, or full light to weak light. I find it best to give a week between changes before I worry too much, some plants are sensitive to changes in light and conditions, and some are like cockroaches that will live thru anything.
Since things seem to be improving somewhat, I would let them go to see if they grow out of their current problem. FWIW, the day after I feed my plants (I don't feed them everyday like some methods) I see a bright green splash of color, which is the new leaves growing. Within a day or two, the color should darken and only new growth should be the bright green color. I think you are on the right track.
Having a Nitrogen deficiency appear suddenly like that is unusual. Improved lighting will result in faster growth, but I don't think you would see it so quickly. While I'm not one for chasing Ph, it would be worth a check to make sure that you aren't seeing nutrient lockout...but I think the problem is just shock from transplanting and changes in lighting.
The light green color started to go back to the normal color. Appreciate the advice. I was ready to act. Glad I didn’t...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yellowing around the edges inward like that is usually either a potassium deficiency, or K lockout. Nitrogen def generally pales the whole leaf uniformly and magnesium def generally shows as interveinal chlorosis with bright green veins.

Ineedcbsi

Ineedcbsi

Transplanted this plant 6 days ago with fox farm ocean and two to 3 leaves are looking like this . I have not gave it any nutrients I'm thinking of giving it some NPK grow today when I get home from work. This is a active strain so I'm also thing it just needs more N
Yeah I figure I'm late to the dance. No that's not nitrogen. I found ffof is lite on mag. Hit it with some epsom salts and give it some azomite. You really dont need any npk for a bit in that soil. But maybe oyster shell and azomite. They slow release so you'll need some Epsom foiler. Wouldn't even use cal mag at this point due to over doing it on nitrogen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom