Is This A Nitrogen Deficiency?

• Thread starter Soze420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Soze420

Transplanted this plant 6 days ago with fox farm ocean and two to 3 leaves are looking like this . I have not gave it any nutrients I'm thinking of giving it some NPK grow today when I get home from work. This is a active strain so I'm also thing it just needs more N

Is this a nitrogen deficiency
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Time for nutrients, looks like possible magnesium (Mg) deficiency.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Shouldn’t have any issues with ph at this point. Unless the soil transplanted In has not been properly stored or aged.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Also could be delayed reaction from transplant. Takes time.

Phylex

Phylex

I believe whenever there's plant issues like that, always start with the PH first rather than adding a bunch of stuff chasing deficiencies. Ensure your pens are calibrated, watering is good, soil is good, and I even check my run off. I believe its usually a PH issue somewhere in most cases. Once that's ruled out, you can diagnose further.

And like diesel said, maybe it's just stressed a little from the transplant and needs some time.

S

Soze420

Ph is 6.2 added some microbes and b we will see if we can unstress her thanks

S

Soze420

Also my mummidity is at 21% all the time as I dont have a humidifier

S

Skipo

Also could be delayed reaction from transplant. Takes time.
I recently moved a 600 watt light that was too far away about 3 feet from the top of some mothers. Last night I noticed before the light went out, it was starting to exude light green growth on every bit of growth except the fan leaves. I’m guessing it’s Nitrogen deficient bc of the recent change in light intensity, it’s having an issue with chlorophyll? I tried to post a pic, but keep getting an error message...

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I recently moved a 600 watt light that was too far away about 3 feet from the top of some mothers. Last night I noticed before the light went out, it was starting to exude light green growth on every bit of growth except the fan leaves. I’m guessing it’s Nitrogen deficient bc of the recent change in light intensity, it’s having an issue with chlorophyll? I tried to post a pic, but keep getting an error message...
Sounds like you might have hit the nail on the head with nitrogen but without knowing more info I couldn’t speculate.
When the picture is done downloading on the top right of your screen wait till the lines stop strobing then put your post together then post reply it should load if you follow those directions.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If its fresh ocean forest and only 6 days i think its water stress.

Let her dry out way more and then water to runoff. Then wait again. Do nothing else.

No need to ph most tap water in buffered potting soil. And definitely no need to ph ro water when used.

And please post a pic of the whole plant. No one can say anything for sure with a pic of just the affected leaf.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
If its fresh ocean forest and only 6 days i think its water stress.

Let her dry out way more and then water to runoff. Then wait again. Do nothing else.

No need to ph most tap water in buffered potting soil. And definitely no need to ph ro water when used.

And please post a pic of the whole plant. No one can say anything for sure with a pic of just the affected leaf.

S

Skipo

https://invalid.com/a/jhAhwbK
This is the only thing I can think to do. Still not working...

S

Skipo

This is the only thing I can think to do. Still not working...
Considering it is nitrogen, I was reading on here and a guy said something about using miracle grow blue to balance the deficiency. I’ve never used miracle grow...Any thoughts on that?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use a general purpose 20-20-20 mix with great results for nearly 40 years. I think your plant looks a little shocky from something...maybe transplant shock. When you use some commercial mixes, especially foxfarm from my readings, it can be pretty hot and delicate roots can be damaged easily. Too much N will cause a "Needs watered" look and a sick appearance. The new lighter green growth is probably new growth tht is recovering from nute burn. New growth is always lighter green for a day or two until it is full of Chlorophyll (which takes a little bit to be created and spread throughout the growing leaves)
I think it will perk back up, but once the roots are damaged, even slightly, everything comes to a screeching halt. They need to recover and grow, which will be followed by leaf and general growth.
I mixed this post up with another similar one, but I still think it is a combination of possible nutrient burn/damaged roots...which will all recover. I often lose a couple early leaves during a grow, and a lack of light can also cause leaves to turn yellow like this.
At least this is my opinion. I usually let them continue...they either grow out of it or continue to get gimp-ier and die on their own.

Last edited:
S

Skipo

I use a general purpose 20-20-20 mix with great results for nearly 40 years. I think your plant looks a little shocky from something...maybe transplant shock. When you use some commercial mixes, especially foxfarm from my readings, it can be pretty hot and delicate roots can be damaged easily. Too much N will cause a "Needs watered" look and a sick appearance. The new lighter green growth is probably new growth tht is recovering from nute burn. New growth is always lighter green for a day or two until it is full of Chlorophyll (which takes a little bit to be created and spread throughout the growing leaves)
I think it will perk back up, but once the roots are damaged, even slightly, everything comes to a screeching halt. They need to recover and grow, which will be followed by leaf and general growth.
I mixed this post up with another similar one, but I still think it is a combination of possible nutrient burn/damaged roots...which will all recover. I often lose a couple early leaves during a grow, and a lack of light can also cause leaves to turn yellow like this.
At least this is my opinion. I usually let them continue...they either grow out of it or continue to get gimp-ier and die on their own.
Not sure if I explained it correctly. The plants weren’t just recently transplanted. They’ve been in those pots for about a week. Nothing happened until I moved the light closer. It’s not looking like it needs water or anything. Healthy looking besides that...

S

Skipo

Not sure if I explained it correctly. The plants weren’t just recently transplanted. They’ve been in those pots for about a week. Nothing happened until I moved the light closer. It’s not looking like it needs water or anything. Healthy looking besides that...
I guess what I’m trying to ask is: Is it possible to have shortage of nitrogen due to a sudden increase in light intensity? If it was Nute burn, wouldn’t that be on the tips (trying to learn). It’s a light green color, but not This seems to be within 24 hours of me moving the light closer from a distance that was about double beforehand. I will give it some more time and see what it does. I’ll post what happens in about 12 hours

S

Skipo

I guess what I’m trying to ask is: Is it possible to have shortage of nitrogen due to a sudden increase in light intensity? If it was Nute burn, wouldn’t that be on the tips (trying to learn). It’s a light green color, but not This seems to be within 24 hours of me moving the light closer from a distance that was about double beforehand. I will give it some more time and see what it does. I’ll post what happens in about 12 hours
*It’s a light green color, but not burned looking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom